Thread: Your year - 2013 Edition!

Default Your year - 2013 Edition!

So, we've had a wee break from this for a few years, but I thought it was a nice way to sum up the end of the year for our members! Answer as many or as little questions as you like, but remember to copy and paste the questions that you are responding to so we don't get confused

General questions:
    (1) What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?

(2)What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

(3)What was your biggest achievement of the year?

(4)What was your biggest failure?

(5)What did you get really, really, really excited about?

(6)What song will always remind you of 2013?

(7)What did you want and get?

(8)What did you want and not get?

(9)What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Your personal situation in 2010:
    (10)Did you suffer illness or injury?

(11) Compared to this time last year, are you:
    a) happier or sadder?
    b) thinner or fatter?
    c) richer or poorer?

(12)What do you wish you'd done more of?

(13)What do you wish you'd done less of?

(14)What did you do on your birthday?

The people around you:

(15)Whose behavior merited celebration?

(16)Whose behavior upset you?

(17)Did you fall in love in 2013?

(18)Who's your 2013 celebrity crush?

(19)Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

(20)Who did you miss?

(21)Who was the best new person you met?

Activities in 2013:
    (22)What countries did you visit?

(23)What was the best thing you bought?

(24)Where did most of your money go?

(25)What was your favorite TV program?

(26)What was the best book you read?

(27)What was your greatest musical discovery?

(28)Which computer game did you play the most?

(29)What political issue stirred you the most?

AB/DL Activities
    (30)Which diaper did you try for the first time in 2013?

(31)Did you get new AB items in 2013? Which ones?

(32)How much have you spent on AB/DL items in 2013?

(33)Did you meet any other ABs/DLs in 2013?

(34)Which member of ADISC did you talk to the most in 2013?

In closing:
    (35)Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:

(36)What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?

(37)Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Oh man, this is gonna take a while to answer, though I enjoy surveys like this. I'll get back to you later tonight when I've written this up.

I rarely come here now, but posts like these from you Talula always gets me itching to make a reply. And There is a lot of questions and I thought i would come up with a few of my own answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    So, we've had a wee break from this for a few years, but I thought it was a nice way to sum up the end of the year for our members! Answer as many or as little questions as you like, but remember to copy and paste the questions that you are responding to so we don't get confused

I drove a car,

There are a few interesting invents good and bad ones. But outside the good ABDL dates. I passed my test on bon fire night.

I don't know how to measure achievement anymore. I make my own living now, been an adult for awhile, so no big new life steps. Getting a driving license, gives me a lot of freedom. But I think i am over looking other things.

Not making the most of my time. Feel like I waste a lot of it, I missed a lot of opportunities. But I started to do an evening class to learn more German.

Meeting freinds/family that I haven't seen in a while. Never gets old!

If any song brings up memories, they're always bad. Although not strictly true, today I went through some old files, and found some old songs that made me happy, they reminded me of 2008/9 though, but mostly as it was nostalgia. :p

A new laptop, my old one was on it's last legs. Just made browsing the internet a PITA, but it was 6 years old.

It would be nice to have a lot of things, but sometimes I'm too lazy or tight fisted to get them.

Able to meet new people.

My skin has been flaring up recently, and it's proving to make living more uncomfortable. Sometimes, it gives an excuse for a bath though.

a) happier or sadder?
    Sadder, unfortunately. I am normally a pretty bright happy lad, but after I graduated and work. I lost my social hub and don't see people of my own age much. Work doesn't provide an ideal work environment, i often seem to be handling the headaches of other people's problems. But because i have got so involved in fixing these problems, I can't help but feel responsible for. I just don't feel productive or happy with what i turn out.

b) thinner or fatter?
    Fatter, i think my magical youth charm is going. That or learn to cook better.

c) richer or poorer?
    My bank balance would say richer there is a little bit more in it this year than last, but i feel poorer on the inside.

Do things earlier than later.

Wasting money, people complain I'm tight fisted. But i do end up wasting my money on some crap, it pains me to waste money.

Hopefully I'll get cake!

I don't know. For some behavior that stood out to me, I would same my best friend's family. They're pretty welcoming and friendly like they have always been. But I got the unfortunate news that my friend's farther passed away from sudden deteriorating health. I was invited to his funeral, and I accepted.

I accepted the funeral, not because I we were good friends with the rest of his family. I hadn't seen in much in the past 10 years. His parents split up a while I was young and still friends with him. It was the mother's side that was welcoming and friendly. The reason I attended was that I was worried for my friend, when he told me he didn't sound like he took the news well. I went there to help him, I just didn't want to see him beat himself over something that wasn't his fault. After-all, he does have a child and a incredibly wonderful partner.

When I attended the funeral, i met the family in the morning. And I've never been to a funeral before, this would be my first. But opening up with your usually friendly hellos and general chit chat, you would never be able to tell today from any other day. Well, the service came, i just witnessed things from behind everyone else. There was only close family members.

I went to the local pub afterwards, as tradition, and managed to talk to a few more of his family. More of the grand parents than anything else. They always seem to be some what cultured and intelligent. And over all the general social interaction made it a good day to see everyone, despite the circumstances, everyone was enjoyable to be around. There wasn't much to feel greatly sad about outside the service.

In the end, I didn't know what I'd do. I never been to a funeral before. And I have never seen my friend sound so upset when the texted me the day before the funeral of the news. We don't speak much, and he has always been a lad to keep feelings to himself, he would never outreach to me, or any other friend about his feelings. So this was new to learn this from him. But I always knew he wasn't a big talker. When he was younger, he used to get frustrated and upset if he wasn't in my company. So my best guess he just wanted that security again, something his family couldn't deliver? It was the only reason I could think of why he reached out to me in that state.

Anyway, that's enough of that.

One of my co-workers. He gives out homophobic and xenophobic jokes. Which, i do find some of them funny. But what concerns me, is that over time he really isn't comfortable being around other races and homosexuals. To the point that you feel a bit disgusted working for a man who would rather smack his kid than raise him to what he wants to be, because they are gay. It really makes you lose faith in them and yourself to witness this attitude.

Nope. I keep getting asked and even pressured to get a partner. To be honest, I am happy being single, but they are right in that I need new company though.

Rarely watch TV and don't follow the media, so no answer for this one.

I don't really hate anyone.

(20)Who did you miss?
    My old best friend, my old uni friends, although we'll be meeting up soon. And some old AB friends too that used to visit this place more often.

I have met a few other ABs, they've been fun and exciting to be around, wouldn't of wanted to miss that!

Activities in 2013:
    Northern Ireland (still the UK, but BAH it's over the WATER, it's a country), only briefly for the day, but it was a first for me! Went to the Netherlands and Germany a few times.

Cheap plane tickets. Nothing beats the satisfaction on knowing you're gonna go from one city in England, to another city overseas for less than it costs to travel to London. :p

Rent and bills, where else? :p But outside that a big amount on driving lessons, because I had no car and no willing local driver to practice with.

The Relolution will be televised, seems to be a new thing BBC are doing. I like some of their stunts. Others I think are a little awful.

I really should read more, i have read a few chapters here and there. But it's been years since i finished a book from start to finish. I did think about it being next year's new year resolution.

Not all dubstep is bad. And listening back to classical. For some odd reason, it reminds me to practice morse code more.

I don't play computer games, but i have tried to write a few silly games, so probably my own half working games. :p

Civil liberties, NSA spying.

AB/DL Activities
    Some of those AB made ones? I can't remember the brand, but I was double padded with an AB branded one on the outside and a Tena n the inside. That was certainly new for me.

Just more bottles, got a few silly toys! Wooden train sets ftw! and more AB-ish but normal adult clothes.

No more than 100 GBP I'd say. Half of it, at least wasted! But it was curiosity.

*gets his fingers out* i probably met at least 12-16 different ABs this year.

I rarely come here anymore, so no name sticks out this year.

In closing:
    I had something interesting to say when i started typing this, but i forgot now.

But it was along the lines of:
    no mater how old people grow some can never mature.
    no matter how old you grow apart, you still know your good friends.
    just be aware who to spend you time with, and don't worry about the people that don't matter.

My self-esteem and confidence back. I am looking into options. Now that I can drive, once i get a car, which I can afford. I just cringe at spending £2000 in a few days. It should give me massive social mobility. And thinking about living at my Dad's. But wonder if giving up my privacy is worth all the other benefits. It's a temporary placement. I can move out whenever.

It was always burning, since the world's been turning.
    Last edited by recovery; 18-Dec-2013 at 23:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    So, we've had a wee break
    shudda worn a diaper
    General questions:

not that i 'did' it, but i got my compensation through.
    three long years. prior to going down that road, before getting injured and then treated like shit by my employer, i could've sworn that i would never have taken such a road. going 'crying' to some lawyer or the authorities just wasn't done: 'you're a man, you deal with it like a man'. ah, but what when your manliness has been stolen?

eek! i don't really believe in 'time', so it's all largely the same to me. it's a bit like being asked, "which of these 365 sweets did you like the best/least?" there's so many that they end up all tasting the same.

getting my compo, if that counts. it means i can start to rebuild my life (along new lines, admittedly) and catch up on some of the stuff i've missed.

throwing a benny just before scheduled surgery (again) and walking out.

in anticipation or receipt?
    for the former, call me a dog, but it's foody. i can get as giddy as Harry at the thought of tasties. a big one, this year, has been our local gammon.
    for the latter, i know i said 'no more big spends', but i bought a Fuji XS1. after so much trouble/annoyance with the fake 'bridge' cameras, this is just a delight.

none.

both of what i've already mentioned: compo and the XS1.

the impossible: my good health/physique.

a lack of interferrence, hindrance and lawbreaking by the DWP and all associated.

Your personal situation in 2010 2013:

AGH!!!
    yep. ignoring my shoulders, this year has been a pain for bacterial infections. i'm in the midst of a bout at the moment, stopping me studying and, with a migraine on the brew, you're lucky that i can type this well (any typos, yet?). and i don't think that i've been cold-free since Octoberish.

a) happier or sadder?

this reminds me of a series of questions which i was aksed by a shrink, earlier on in the year, trying to establish my feelings about my future. he got annoyed by my responses because he didn't get that i don't have a future and that i'd anguished about this years before, until coming to [fatalistic] terms with it.
    to say that i keep things on an even keel is not exactly right: i just try to avoid thinking about things which make my blood boil, for there is much wickedness and stupidity in this world.
    i suppose that with my emotional volatility, enforcing a blandness is the only way to get through things without causing harm.

b) thinner or fatter?
    not sure. aside from the weight that i've put on since being injured, i think/hope that i've reached a plateau of input-and-output. of course, i'm still not decided if most of my weight gain is down to poor sleeping patterns and the anti-inflammatories. before 2010, being chubby would've irked me greatly. now, the idea of exercising is fraught with the sureness of the painful consequences.

c) richer or poorer?
    technically, richer, but i'm still trying to live within a benefits budget, to try to make the compo last. this is because the DWP has illegally stopped my benefits.

walking with Harry, home/car maintenance, diaper wearing/pic'ing.....loads more stuff.
    finances, weather, illness and home circumstances have curtailed a lot of things.

being ill.

it's just another day, isn't it?

The people around you:

mine (i didn't kill anybody).

mine (the surgery thing)

only with gammon.
    to put that into perspective, my previous experiences of gammon are of the olden days, when meat like gammon was heavily salted and had to be soaked in water before munching. having stuff that's local and fresh is just a dream.

a celebrititty crush??? ew!
    none. i don't much care for such critters.

i can hate at the drop of a hat. but, i can say that i was disappointed by Micky Flanagan calling Jedward 'dickheads' (although it happened in 2011; i didn't see it until recently). i sorta feel sorry for Jedward in that there's going to come a point (one hopes) when they realize what dickheads they have been. a panel show isn't the format for trying to show them the light and Micky's comment only came across as nasty.

(20)Who did you miss?
    me (as i was), my dad and Shandy (dog).

didn't meet anybody new.

Activities in 2013:

none.

oh, that's a toss-up between the Nikon and the Fuji cameras.
    or maybe the gammon?

daily living.

well, some stuff i have recorded and watch over and over, but as far as broadcasted telly goes, it'll be either Archaeology: A Secret History or The Returned. i've been a fan of Dexter, but always had to rent, buy or 'other' it (except for the first season); saw the final season just recently.

none.

none (unless you count the piece of elastic cord that i've been 'playing' on various surfaces and structures around the house).

solitaire.

aside from as affects me, it's the situation in Syria. needless to say, i'm trying to avoid the news.

AB/DL Activities

of new stuff, i've only tried a couple of pairs of plastic-pants. i got thinner, lightweight ones, but i'm going to stick with the thicker ones.

shoes:Attachment 19555

too much, again.

nope.

me.

In closing:

nothing new, only affirmations of what i already knew.

good health.

why does it always rain on me?
    is it because i lied when i was 17?

ah, there's nowt like ending on a downer

(1)What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
    I went on a trip to another state, by bus, to visit online friends and hang out for a week.It went good. I met a lot of new people. Saw a lot of new places. Went through states I had never been to before.

See above and/below. There might be others.

It was the trip. Traveling alone by bus, through several different states, etc.

At the end of 2012 and during the first quarter of 2013, due to the planned trip, I was excited and felt great about myself and life. I was thinking about things in kind a of a shallow way though. And a few weeks after the trip, I crashed. And did no socializing in any way (real life, internet, etc).

I wanted 2013 to be different. It was kind of a new years resolution caused by the trip. But once I crashed, things stayed the same for the most part. Most of this year was wasted, and a failure. I didn't socialize the way I wanted to, I didn't make any new friends. I had one or two good opportunities besides the trip but didn't take them.

The trip.

Possibly Bixby Canyon Bridge by Death Cab For Cutie and Some Nights by fun.

A very strong, muscular body. Good social skills.

I can think of many things. Socializing a lot more, making friends, not letting the couple of good opportunities I had slip away.

Your personal situation in 2010:
    a) happier or sadder?
    Happier.
    b) thinner or fatter?
    Fatter. But I'm working on changing that.
    c) richer or poorer?
    Poorer. I haven't been able to get another job.

Socializing/making friends

Eating. I ate too much.

I worked. Nothing else.

The people around you:
    No

No

Activities in 2013:
    None.

My guitar. Now I finally have my own.

Food.I ate too much.

Breaking Bad

I don't know.

Baldur's Gate

AB/DL Activities
    No

Nothing.

In closing:
    I learned more about myself.

A very strong, muscular body. Better social skills. Knowledge. Experience. Friends. Money.

"I cursed myself for being surprised, that this didn't play like it did in my mind"