Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back!

Default I'm Back!

Don't really know if this is an actual greeting (if it's not I'll move it), but I'm back! I was kicked out when ADISC went 18+, but since today is my birthday I'm back, and defiantly glad to be back. I don't know if I'm going to be spending as much time as I did here on the site, and I don't really know what has changed, but I want to try to get back into this site, because despite everything that has happened this site was my home for a long time, and I really hope it becomes my home again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Don't really know if this is an actual greeting (if it's not I'll move it), but I'm back! I was kicked out when ADISC went 18+, but since today is my birthday I'm back, and defiantly glad to be back. I don't know if I'm going to be spending as much time as I did here on the site, and I don't really know what has changed, but I want to try to get back into this site, because despite everything that has happened this site was my home for a long time, and I really hope it becomes my home again.
    Welcome back Shadowhawk...I do remember your name at least..."the more things change, the more they stay the same" it is different now, and yet...it is the same! It just got a bit better though, you have rejoined us!

-Marka

Welcome back! I was also kicked out by the 18+ ban, used to be known as Kiwi dl. It's strange to think it's only been a year and 4 days since the ban, feels much longer. I've been back for 7 months now since turning 18, and I hope to see many more like me come back over the years.

If I remember rightly, weren't you a TC when banned?

Unfortunately, and not wanting to sound critical, I think the site has lost a lot of its vibe. Not necessarily from the loss of the under-18s, but I also lost some of my best over-18 friends who simply left along with us. This in turn changed the dynamics of the site significantly, and not for the better in my opinion.

But welcome back anyway.

Kiwi.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I was wondering if you would find your way back. I knew your birthday was coming up soon, just couldn't remember the exact date. I thought about talking to you on YIM and asking you about it, but I thought it would be best for you to make the decision yourself. You don't know how many times in this last year I have thought about calling it quits with ADISC. In fact, just mentioning that out loud on the forums may have cost me the opportunity to become staff again, but that's beside the point. I felt the same way as you. Despite everything... ADISC is still as much a part of me as I am of it. And now that you are back, I feel like it will be a bigger part of me (and, therefore, me of it).

I have missed you and I am very sorry about the way the ban came down. I understand the reasoning behind it and all that, but I still to this day don't like the decision that was made. Understanding something and forcing yourself to like it, are two completely different things. I am looking forward to reconnecting with you. I am really glad you are back.

*hugs tight* Welcome back, Lil Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBoi View Post
    Welcome back! I was also kicked out by the 18+ ban, used to be known as Kiwi dl. It's strange to think it's only been a year and 4 days since the ban, feels much longer. I've been back for 7 months now since turning 18, and I hope to see many more like me come back over the years.

If I remember rightly, weren't you a TC when banned?

Unfortunately, and not wanting to sound critical, I think the site has lost a lot of its vibe. Not necessarily from the loss of the under-18s, but I also lost some of my best over-18 friends who simply left along with us. This in turn changed the dynamics of the site significantly, and not for the better in my opinion.

But welcome back anyway.

Kiwi.
    I do remember you, at least by name. Glad you're back as well.

I was TC, but do to my lack of contribution in the last year I've lost my TC status.

I definitely get what you mean. I don't see many of the members that were here when I was, even the 18+ ones. I hope to make friends though.

Welcome back ShadowHawk! I'm glad to see you've returned.