Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Well, That was Rather Embarrassing...

  1. #1

    Default Well, That was Rather Embarrassing...

    So today I went Christmas shopping for my mom, and after picking out her present I headed nervously to the baby section. I grabbed a pack of Huggies, then had to decide between a bottle or a sippy cup. I chose both Anyway, I went to the self-checkout and proceeded to scan my items, but the sippy cup wouldn't go. It said the item needed to be verified by an employee. I was just going to leave it there, but it wouldn't let me pay until I got it taken care of. And it turned out the person manning the self-checkouts also happened to be the same cashier who helped lead me to the bench when I had my dizzy spell in the store three weeks ago. So she came over and fixed it, but also checked my bags to make sure I wasn't buying anything that required ID. So she saw the diapers and bottle. But then when I finally went to pay the machine needed fixing again, so she came over again and looked in my bags again - "We got your diapers," she says as she examines my stuff, not knowing that yes, they are MY diapers - and finally gets the machine working.

    Now I can only imagine how much more embarrassing it would have been if I was buying ADULT diapers, a bottle, and a sippy cup...
    Last edited by KimbaWolfNagihiko; 16-Dec-2013 at 20:50. Reason: missing word

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    So today I went Christmas shopping for my mom, and after picking out her present I headed nervously to the baby section. I grabbed a pack of Huggies, then had to decide between a bottle or a sippy cup. I chose both Anyway, I went to the self-checkout and proceeded to scan my items, but the sippy cup wouldn't go. It said the item needed to be verified by an employee. I was just going to leave it there, but it wouldn't let me pay until I got it taken care of. And it turned out the person manning the self-checkouts also happened to be the same cashier who helped lead me to the bench when I had my dizzy spell in the store three weeks ago. So she came over and fixed it, but also checked my bags to make sure I wasn't buying anything that required ID. So she saw the diapers and bottle. But then when I finally went to pay the machine needed fixing again, so she came over again and looked in my bags again - "We got your diapers," she says as she examines my stuff, not knowing that yes, they are MY diapers - and finally gets the machine working.

    Now I can only imagine how much more embarrassing it would have been if I was buying ADULT diapers, a bottle, and a sippy cup...
    Your story just reminded me SOOoo much of a indecent I had!

    I had almost the same thing happen to me once when I was 12, I was visiting my friend out of state for a couple weeks and the airline had lost my bag (all my clothes, including my pj's and pullups). Luckily his house was spitting distance from a Safeway, so I ran across the street to buy a pack of Goodnites. I quickly grabbed them and headed to checkout (except this was before self check out) and the SOB would'nt scan, so the cashier lady had to price check on it...As she called it out (and the clerk checking took his sweet ass time checking), the line started to build behind me and everyone in it could see the Goodnites and it was blatantly obvious who they were for. I was so close to tears it was'nt even funny.

    Probably in the top most embarrassing things to ever happen to me in life... LOL, but in hindsight it taught me a valuable lesson, to always take few with me in my backpack on the carry on! That and now, always order online!!!

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyJammies View Post
    Your story just reminded me SOOoo much of a indecent I had!

    I had almost the same thing happen to me once when I was 12, I was visiting my friend out of state for a couple weeks and the airline had lost my bag (all my clothes, including my pj's and pullups). Luckily his house was spitting distance from a Safeway, so I ran across the street to buy a pack of Goodnites. I quickly grabbed them and headed to checkout (except this was before self check out) and the SOB would'nt scan, so the cashier lady had to price check on it...As she called it out (and the clerk checking took his sweet ass time checking), the line started to build behind me and everyone in it could see the Goodnites and it was blatantly obvious who they were for. I was so close to tears it was'nt even funny.

    Probably in the top most embarrassing things to ever happen to me in life... LOL, but in hindsight it taught me a valuable lesson, to always take few with me in my backpack on the carry on! That and now, always order online!!!
    Ohh man, I'm so sorry. That does sound pretty bad. I'm sorry that happened to you. That must have been pretty bad for a kid.

    Yeah, I learned the same lesson about being prepared and having extra stuff in your carry on. I just went on my first trip in October. I went to see a cousin and tour New York City. On my return flight home, we had some mechanical trouble and were delayed. It caused me to miss my connecting flight. So I was stranded in Denver for about a day. They got me re-booked, and gave me a hotel voucher. But they wouldn't let me have access to my checked bags. So I ended up having to go to Wal-mart and pick some stuff up. I didn't have anything with me in that carry on. I had to buy a change of clothes, toiletries, underwear, etc.

  4. #4

    Default

    I do live in a city void any family members. I still have friends/coworkers to worry about a little. But I'll buy 2-4 packs of diapers, and I just carry them out. No bag to cover them. And buy diapers and footed sleepers, bottles, etc...

    The cashier might talk about me that day to other coworkers, but after a few hours they totally forget. Well untill I'm back in to stock up again.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyJammies View Post
    Your story just reminded me SOOoo much of a indecent I had!

    I had almost the same thing happen to me once when I was 12, I was visiting my friend out of state for a couple weeks and the airline had lost my bag (all my clothes, including my pj's and pullups). Luckily his house was spitting distance from a Safeway, so I ran across the street to buy a pack of Goodnites. I quickly grabbed them and headed to checkout (except this was before self check out) and the SOB would'nt scan, so the cashier lady had to price check on it...As she called it out (and the clerk checking took his sweet ass time checking), the line started to build behind me and everyone in it could see the Goodnites and it was blatantly obvious who they were for. I was so close to tears it was'nt even funny.

    Probably in the top most embarrassing things to ever happen to me in life... LOL, but in hindsight it taught me a valuable lesson, to always take few with me in my backpack on the carry on! That and now, always order online!!!
    Oh...this happened to me just recently. I casually walked down the diaper isle, my eyes clearly on the XL Goodnites. I casually reached upward, and in one, graceful fluid, no one could possibly be looking movement, brought them down and headed toward the self checkout. I was so covert, so unseen, that the theme from Mission Impossible was playing in the background.

    I walked up to the self checkout, almost like an imperceptible shadow, and scanned the Goodnites across the glass scanner, mission complete, except that it wasn't. Nothing happened, the screen looking blankly at me. I scanned again, a slight, barely perceivable increase in my heart rate. Nothing. I scanned again, and again, nothing. The music was changing to "Hey Look Me Over", and now my heart was going ca-thump ca-thump. Agents, men in black, were looking up from their newspapers, dark shades lifting and looking; looking at the man who would buy children's diapers.

    What to do? What to do, and then I noticed that the face of the machine was blank, like the dead look of a corpse. Quickly I looked around, looked to my right, and the next scanning machine was unattended. Yes, blessedly unattended. I quickly moved toward it, brought my package down to the cold, glassy surface, moving it deftly across the surface, and bing! It recorded the purchase. I pushed the credit card button, whipped my credit card out, swiped and bagged the incriminating package that almost screamed diapers.....Diapers.......DIAPERS!!!!

    In a moments breath, the space between perception and recognition, I was gone, lost in the crowd of mass shoppers and their parked cars. But there was the faintest of smells lingering in the movement of air. It smelled of diapers.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Oh...this happened to me just recently. I casually walked down the diaper isle, my eyes clearly on the XL Goodnites. I casually reached upward, and in one, graceful fluid, no one could possibly be looking movement, brought them down and headed toward the self checkout. I was so covert, so unseen, that the theme from Mission Impossible was playing in the background.

    I walked up to the self checkout, almost like an imperceptible shadow, and scanned the Goodnites across the glass scanner, mission complete, except that it wasn't. Nothing happened, the screen looking blankly at me. I scanned again, a slight, barely perceivable increase in my heart rate. Nothing. I scanned again, and again, nothing. The music was changing to "Hey Look Me Over", and now my heart was going ca-thump ca-thump. Agents, men in black, were looking up from their newspapers, dark shades lifting and looking; looking at the man who would buy children's diapers.

    What to do? What to do, and then I noticed that the face of the machine was blank, like the dead look of a corpse. Quickly I looked around, looked to my right, and the next scanning machine was unattended. Yes, blessedly unattended. I quickly moved toward it, brought my package down to the cold, glassy surface, moving it deftly across the surface, and bing! It recorded the purchase. I pushed the credit card button, whipped my credit card out, swiped and bagged the incriminating package that almost screamed diapers.....Diapers.......DIAPERS!!!!

    In a moments breath, the space between perception and recognition, I was gone, lost in the crowd of mass shoppers and their parked cars. But there was the faintest of smells lingering in the movement of air. It smelled of diapers.
    lol! Almost sounds like a story from "A Christmas Story" which you referred to in a previous post as your favorite Christmas movie (See? Some people pay attention to threads!).

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Oh...this happened to me just recently. I casually walked down the diaper isle, my eyes clearly on the XL Goodnites. I casually reached upward, and in one, graceful fluid, no one could possibly be looking movement, brought them down and headed toward the self checkout. I was so covert, so unseen, that the theme from Mission Impossible was playing in the background.

    I walked up to the self checkout, almost like an imperceptible shadow, and scanned the Goodnites across the glass scanner, mission complete, except that it wasn't. Nothing happened, the screen looking blankly at me. I scanned again, a slight, barely perceivable increase in my heart rate. Nothing. I scanned again, and again, nothing. The music was changing to "Hey Look Me Over", and now my heart was going ca-thump ca-thump. Agents, men in black, were looking up from their newspapers, dark shades lifting and looking; looking at the man who would buy children's diapers.

    What to do? What to do, and then I noticed that the face of the machine was blank, like the dead look of a corpse. Quickly I looked around, looked to my right, and the next scanning machine was unattended. Yes, blessedly unattended. I quickly moved toward it, brought my package down to the cold, glassy surface, moving it deftly across the surface, and bing! It recorded the purchase. I pushed the credit card button, whipped my credit card out, swiped and bagged the incriminating package that almost screamed diapers.....Diapers.......DIAPERS!!!!

    In a moments breath, the space between perception and recognition, I was gone, lost in the crowd of mass shoppers and their parked cars. But there was the faintest of smells lingering in the movement of air. It smelled of diapers.
    If I had never been in a situation where I had to publicly buy diapers, I would think you were being over-dramatic. But this is really how it feels when buying lol.

  8. #8

    Default

    I only ever bought diapers a single time. and that 18 pack of 10 dollar depends has been carefully rationed such that now, over a year later, I still have some. What I did was tell the cashier that my friend was too embarrased to get them himself, but I really didn't care, so I did it. She laughed and I left.

    I have no idea if she bought it, or saw through it. And I really don't care, nor did I then. I am not sure why, but just saying something to them made me feel better. Weird.

  9. #9

    Default

    Hello,

    Been in a similar embarrassing situation. I was moving cross country shortly after the whole 9/11 incident. So I got to the Sacramento Greyhound bus station and got off the bus fine. But to reboard the guards had to look in my carry on bag. Yep, FULL of adult diapers, Molicare (thick overnites ones). He says "Diapers?". Yea, just like that with a line of people behind me. I was so pissed and embarrassed at the same time. Then he goes further and actually takes everything out of the bag, stacking the diapers on the counter. I just wanted the floor to open up and suck me in. But I was glad I was diapered. You do NOT want to have to try peeing in the toilet of a moving bus. Like standing at the toilet during a earthquake. The diapers held long enough between major stops that I didn't have to try to change in that tiny bathroom thank god.

    And then there was the time I used to buy my diapers in store at Walgreens. I wish I had known about online sites like HDIS and stuff back then. I used to take my bike with my little cart attached to the back to the store twice a month and leave the store with not just one, but normally 5-6 packs of diapers (I wear due to incontinence, not just for fun). Once in my little cart I could cover them with the blanket. But not only did I have to stand in line and get MY diapers scanned in front of everyone. But this one particular day a friend who didn't know I wore diapers happened to be coming into the store while I was loading up my cart. Well, NOW they knew! Might have been different if it was baby diapers, could have had a story "I am buying them for a friend next door's son". But because they were adult diapers, it was pretty clear they were for me. Thankfully he never told no one.

    -Stanley

Similar Threads

  1. First (but not last) Very. Embarrassing. Moment.
    By kerry in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 24-Jul-2013, 00:26
  2. How embarrassing
    By Calico in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-Jun-2012, 21:52
  3. Haha how embarrassing
    By kronikmod in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-May-2012, 03:03
  4. So embarrassing
    By Layne0033 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15-Nov-2011, 20:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.