Thread: The Usual Question

Default The Usual Question

Well, a surprise coming since I just made a move more than a month ago, it looks like I'm moving again. After driving from Fl to NM, I went the trip with stopping for bathroom breaks every time i needed to. Now I'm making a day's drive to CA, I decided I want to go nonstop without succumbing to the urge of my bladder. So I have considered the one solution in the world: Adult diapers!

Now, being me I never really cared for diapers whether it was wearing or even wetting/messing in them. But nevertheless, I'm going to use them for my trip to CA. The only thing that concerns me is I need something absorbent and won't leak onto my pants. So what are some good brands and how do I find the right size? Just the usual Adult diaper first timer questions.

CrinklySiren

well, if you dont include buying online; your only choice would be Depends, Attends, CVS Brand, Assurance or Certainty Briefs :P, they are all significantly cheap and unreliable, so I would recommend doubling up on them. By that measure i would also recommend buying Assurance bed mats or Goodnites Bed Mats to put on your chair incase you DO leak. AND if you're driving alone and dont want to risk leaking onto your pants, i would just go shirt and diaper only so that way you can wet and not worry about leaking onto your pants, and also not worry about leaking onto your chair as a result of having the bed mat.

Honestly, telling you this makes it sound fun... I think im gonna put a bed mat in my car and go on a road trip xD though its slightly easier for me because i could just wear a skirt and lift it slightly so theres not chance of it getting wet. :3

If you expect to order online, you could order Bambinos and it would work just fine without bed mats.

Quote Originally Posted by paciloverbaby3 View Post
    Well, a surprise coming since I just made a move more than a month ago, it looks like I'm moving again. After driving from Fl to NM, I went the trip with stopping for bathroom breaks every time i needed to. Now I'm making a day's drive to CA, I decided I want to go nonstop without succumbing to the urge of my bladder. So I have considered the one solution in the world: Adult diapers!

Now, being me I never really cared for diapers whether it was wearing or even wetting/messing in them. But nevertheless, I'm going to use them for my trip to CA. The only thing that concerns me is I need something absorbent and won't leak onto my pants. So what are some good brands and how do I find the right size? Just the usual Adult diaper first timer questions.
    Most go off of your waist size. I recommend going up to the next size if you are in one of the "in-between" sizes.

For example, I'm a 29" waist. The small in Molicare Super Plus is 20” to 31” & the Medium is 27” to 47”. I first got the smalls, and hated them. They were too tight, and didn't provide me with a lot of room for you know... Next I ordered the Mediums and loved them. They are larger than the smalls all over. Depends only has larger wings, but these were scaled larger all around.

Molicare Super Plus is a good brand for me. They can handle quit a bit. They are also very soft on the inside, and not rough feeling.

Abena Abri-Form Classic Briefs, are another one that I like and can handle quit a bit.

The Wellness brief is another good one, that can absorb quit a bit.

You might consider getting a pair of plastic pants as well.

When I've worn when driving before, sometimes you'll have leaks no matter how good of a diaper you are wearing. It's just a matter of gravity. It's all going to flow down, and with you sitting down; it's going to leak at some point. Get a good pair of plastic pants, and wear them. You'll be able to avoid the embarrassment of having wet patches on your pants.

Also, you might consider getting a water-proof pad either a re-washable one, or a disposable one like the Goodnites bed mats. As a extra level of protection for my seats, if I'm wearing a diaper and plan on using it for a trip, I'll place a Goodnites bed mat in the seat. That way if I do end of leaking, and for some reason the plastic pants leak, I'm still protected from ruining the seat.

I second the advice to wear plastic pants over the diaper. Even a good one will be prone to leaking if you wet whilst you're sitting on it. As for favourite brands, mine is Tena.

Quote Originally Posted by paciloverbaby3 View Post
    Now, being me I never really cared for diapers whether it was wearing or even wetting/messing in them.
    A lot of people have trouble wetting in diapers initially, especially in circumstances other than being in a bathroom sitting on or standing in front of a toilet. Are you sure you'll be able to use them while driving? (I still can't and I've been wearing on and off for several years now)

I only point that out because it's generally good to take breaks every so often anyway (you can get blood clots and worse from sitting for hours and hours in the same position), which are a prime opportunity to use the restroom. Unless you have excellent bladder control and are able to wet without any trouble at all while driving, there's really no reason to wear as the driver on a road trip unless you actually enjoy wearing diapers. Since you said you don't care for wearing or using them, there's a definite possibility that you might just be setting yourself up for more frustration and inconvenience than anything else.

If you still decide to do it, I'd third the idea of plastic pants. Get some that go down your legs a little like short shorts. If a diaper leaks on me while sitting, it almost always leaks in the crotch because of how my legs are positioned. Brief shaped plastic pants wouldn't stop this, but anything that extends a bit down my leg definitely would.

Buy some underpads to protect your seat because leaks can happen especially if you are not familiar with the capacity.

Honestly, diapers while driving on a road trip is my least-favorite time to be diapered. It takes much longer to stop and change a diaper than just stopping to pee. Additionally, you have to carry a diaper and wipes into the restroom and then dispose of the diaper. Add in the risk of leaks and it becomes a hassle. On the other hand, it is also when I find diapers most useful for day-time use since the next rest area is usually 20 minutes past my bladder capacity... Not wearing a diaper during road-trips is something I avoid if at all possible.

To prevent leaks, I try to go a little at a time and avoid waiting until my bladder is completely full. Going too much at once will leak out of even the best dry diaper while driving. As a man, I point the urine stream down while trying to leave the exit hole as high as possible to use more of the front padding. Another thing I do is raise up off my rear and press my back into the seat when I am concerned about leaking to give the diaper more of a chance to absorb. I do this when either the diaper is close to full or I really need to go. Waiting a few minutes before sitting back down on my rear allows more of the diaper to absorb. If the diaper feels like a soaked towel when I start to sit again, I wait a little longer. If that does not work after 10 minutes or so, I plan to change shorts and underpad also. I also try to change the diaper more frequently than while standing or laying down. Molicare Super Plus, bambino, and Abena abriform x-plus are my favorites. For my sizing, Molicare and Abena size large and Bambino size medium fit best for this to get a good seal around the legs.

How long do you have before moving? Do you have enough time to order samples first before ordering more? This is ideal. My best recommendation for sizing is to measure your hips (most critical) and natural belt line to compare sizes. The closer you get to in-between sizes, the choice gets more uncertain. For driving, the tight fit around the legs and through the ctrotch is most important. Being at the extreme bottom size of a diaper may mean that the legs don't fit tight. Smaller legs increase the chance while larger legs lessen it. Now that my legs have expanded, bambino larges may fit me better, but I have not yet tried. The waist size determines how likely the top tapes may come together befor fitting tight.

Good luck with the road trip!

If you are uncomfortable driving in just a diaper and shirt then I would suggest wearing dark colours Jeans, they do not show up any wet spot as bad as a lighter colour would. I would also go with plastic pants as well, make sure they are large enough to cover the diaper completely.

Tranquillo

try getting some wellness SUPERIO diapers. yes I know the original design is not good but the new one is great actually. I know I just used one this morning and it held up pretty good to the massive amounts of abuse I put it through. Superio's can hold 87 oz of fluid and I think I even more then that actually. also you might just want to get a booster provided you release a lot when you wet and all.= but that may be unnecessary as I think this diaper alone is more then enough.

I wore diapers driving 18 wheelers all the time. I wore Bambino Belssimos, with a booster and plastic pants. I'm not sure the miles you are driving but, there were times that I drove for several hours straight.

I found it pretty difficult to "go" at first. I guess with the nervousness it didn't help.

I recommend you to not flood, let out short streams, and wear plastic pants if you have them.