Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is you favorite Christmas Movie?

Default What is you favorite Christmas Movie?

Since we are doing Christmas Song, we have to do favorite Christmas Movie.

First (and I have not seen it yet this year) I like to see "It's a wonderful life" on Thanksgiving or at least that weekend.

Then before Christmas I like to watch:

"The Miracle on 34th street" with Ed Winn and Maureen O'Hara
    "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott (It actually follows Dickens text).
    "An American Christmas Carol" with Henry Winkler.

And last but not least.

"White Christmas" (That is only to laugh at all of the continuity errors, and the screw up on the trains {if they are going from Miami, Florida to Pine Tree, Vermont, then why are the showing the SF Super-chief in Pasadena, California and a SP Mail-train in the Simi Valley heading towards Bakersfield?})

Hands down, Christmas Vacation! "It is a bit nipply out."
    Also, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Story and recently, Four Christmases has started to grow on me. As you can see I pretty much like them all!

A Christmas Carol (Alister Sam version)
    It's a Wonderful Life
    The Muppet Christmas Carol (just saw this last year, it's hilarious)

Mickey's Christmas carol of course!

Home Alone and Home Alone 2. I always loved them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    A Christmas Carol (Alister Sam version)
    The first one or the second?
    If my memory is correct he did the first one in 1925 (I am not sure if it was a talky or not) and then remade it in 1956.

The Ref.

Seriously, it's been a family tradition for years (yes, we're that kinda family...).

"A Christmas Story" and the old 1956 version of "A Christmas Carol". I remember seeing it as a kid and being scared to death, but loving it! As for "A Christmas Story", that's the era I grew up in as a kid, slightly later, but not much different. The houses had steam radiators, and dads were constantly working on the furnace. The cars were wonderfully old and cantankerous. The Christmas lights had the big bulbs, and the ornaments were the glass blown variety. Times were hard, but they ring with an endearing nostalgia. Somewhere in the realm of spirit, it still lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    "A Christmas Story" and the old 1956 version of "A Christmas Carol". I remember seeing it as a kid and being scared to death, but loving it! As for "A Christmas Story", that's the era I grew up in as a kid, slightly later, but not much different. The houses had steam radiators, and dads were constantly working on the furnace. The cars were wonderfully old and cantankerous. The Christmas lights had the big bulbs, and the ornaments were the glass blown variety. Times were hard, but they ring with an endearing nostalgia. Somewhere in the realm of spirit, it still lives on.
    I think that the one I was think of . Is that the one with Albert Fenny? Not sure of the spelling of his last name.