Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scheming a plan / Hiding the evidence

Default Scheming a plan / Hiding the evidence

Stuck at home away from family for the holidays, thanks to work.

However, roommates are gonna be gone, which leads to an interesting silver lining to this grinch cloud. Opportunities I haven't had in years. Yes, years!

I'll need a discrete delivery in a small window of time, to an apartment... I'm on the top floor with only one neighbor at the top of the staircase, but I don't know much about them, so I don't know about leaving the package at my door without a signature.

Is the discrete packaging promise usually reliable? Like if I have it left at the office? Then it's a matter of not turning bright red picking it up from the cute office ladies.

Then there's the case of smells remaining in the apartment. A long time ago I had a friend notice the smell hours later even though nothing was used.

What do you guys do for odor in the home and how long do you give it?

I'm stupid excited. What brand should I go with? It's only been depend for me, and that was YEARS ago

I have never had an issue with discrete packaging from any of the main guys. XPmedical, abuniverse, bambino etc. They normally just turn the box inside out. I will say that I have received some cases of diapers that were damaged in shipping and some of the time the corners will be messed up enough to see what is inside. You could set up a pmb box at a local shipping store that would just receive UPS and Fed ex orders it is not very expensive and you could order whenever you want. You just tell them you do not want to forward your regular mail and and then there will be no evidence of your secret mailbox. I had one for about 10 years it was about 8 bucks a month. I wish you luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot the smells. Yes the smell does seem to accumulate in our house. But some good smelling carpet powder and vacuuming keeps our house from smelling like a nursery. I hope this helps

Took days for morning urine smell & febreeze to dissipate to the point where I couldn't smell it when I walked into my room after being away from it for hours.
    You need to be careful though, I find that afternoons/evening urine of mine doesn't smell as bad.

Since its the holidays I used the old "I was buying gifts" to sneak some stuff into the house today, you might consider this.

Well,

Discrete packaging...yes all the majors do that...Walmart doesn't...!

As for smells, just get everything cleaned up, including you...

Wash bedding...

Some fabreze, vac smelly dust stuff for carpet...

You'll be fine...

My new place has no wall to wall carpet anywhere...80% hardwood...rest slate, porcelain, lindseed, tile...not much to hold smells or dirt...although the slate tile can be dirty and it looks clean...

And if you order FedEx you can have held at the FedEx location for you to pickup...I don't think ups does that...

... I just placed my order through bambino. Super nervous.

I got a trio of samples: Tena slip, classico and bianco. I can't believe I'm doing this! O_O There are several other packages coming for me for christmas gifts. That's a great idea. If I can catch the order I'll leave it in my car just in case.

So, the smell really is a problem huh? I'll look into that carpet powder, I do tend to be a neat freak, it won't be surprising to have a super clean apartment when they get back. That and a hell of a lot of incense!

Man wish me luck guys, I am gonna flip out

Quote Originally Posted by meaninglessness View Post
    ... I just placed my order through bambino. Super nervous.

I got a trio of samples: Tena slip, classico and bianco. I can't believe I'm doing this! O_O There are several other packages coming for me for christmas gifts. That's a great idea. If I can catch the order I'll leave it in my car just in case.

So, the smell really is a problem huh? I'll look into that carpet powder, I do tend to be a neat freak, it won't be surprising to have a super clean apartment when they get back. That and a hell of a lot of incense!

Man wish me luck guys, I am gonna flip out
    Good luck!

The smell isn't that big a deal...it's all about time/airflow...

If you don't leak anywhere...then it's just a bit of pee smell...open a window gone in a bit...

Now, if you leave the diaper ther it won't go away...so, big ziplock it or throw in the dumpster ASAP...

Now, if you #2 and it sits around for a bit...more an issue...

Also if you use any baby powder or alike try to keep if from getting on everything...

If you clean up good, you shouldn't need anything more especially if it's say a few hours...

But, incense or alike is nice anyhow...maybe make some mulled cider on the stove...

Or bake some rosemary bread...or even making anything that has a plesant smell...

Any of the incense or carpet fresh or fabreze are really just a cover smell...

Kind of hard to open a window when its -5 degrees outside =D

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    Kind of hard to open a window when its -5 degrees outside =D
    Not really...

I had windows open just a bit ago...and it's currently -11 here...

Used some spray paint to touch up a handle...

Think about it, you open the door to haul in stuff from the car...that's way bigger than a window...

Just need to get some fresh air...my place even has a fresh air heat exchanger, and it's not always enough...

Even if you open the window wide open for say 15min you won't notice a change in your bill...

Also as long as you're hydrated, that does a lot to keep the smells down. Concentrated urine definitely has an odor to it, whereas if you're actually hydrated (urine should be basically clear as a rule of thumb), then there shouldn't really be any odor at all.

smell can be an issue but as long as you dont let a dirty diaper sit around for more than a couple hours then you should be fine. even if you do stink up the place it will dissipate on its own in a few hours.