Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments when buying padding

Default Comments when buying padding

Has anyone ever had strange, weird or funny comments when buying your padding? Or does most of you buy online?

A couple of months ago when I bought some tena (I can't buy online due to living with parents) the person surving me said "seen you a bit young for these" I just found it a bit funny.

Anyone else got and stories like this?

Well i buy online now but when i was 14 i was buying some Drynites and the woman said to me ( You sure you got the right size darling) And gave me that awww bless look.
    As i turned red with embarrassment. funny now but back at the time i just wanted to jump into a black hole and disappear.

I mostly buy online, but hit stores from time to time. The only time I had an awkward conversation was because I was dumb enough to offer an explanation as a kid when none was needed and I wasn't ready for follow-up questions. Then again, I was 12, so I think I can be excused. More recently, there hasn't been anything worse than a checker offering me a coupon for my next purchase.

What was the excuse u made up? I tend to go to self service now hehe

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonakira View Post
    "seen you a bit young for these"
    Urgh.. I would not like that a single bit. When I lived with my parents I had to buy in shops and that was one of the things I most feared. Thankfully I have never had comments while buying diapers.

"They're for my grandfather, he's staying with us for awhile."
    " Just had surgery, it's only temporary."

When I don't feel like camping the front door for the fedex truck, there's a medical supply store nearby that carries molicare that I'll occasionally buy from. The staff seem to be pretty talkative.

Usually the person ringing up almost always says something about them being the best diapers in the world, I suspect it says that in the catalog somewhere since it's more than just one person who's said it.

Then I remember once the person blurted out "do you buy these a lot?", at which point I kind of went "errr..." and there was a brief moment of awkward as they realized how what they just said had most have sounded. Apparently they had some kind of discount thing for frequent purchases or something. I explained that I could get them a lot cheaper online (it's like a $5 difference even after shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonakira View Post
    What was the excuse u made up? I tend to go to self service now hehe
    I grumbled about a visiting baby niece. Naturally enough, the checker wanted to know how big/old she was. Since I knew next to nothing about proper babies, this was immediately an awkward question. I stammered out "Too big", which I suppose was true after a fashion. I suspect that even that exchange was taken as natural boyish disinterest rather than anything more significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I grumbled about a visiting baby niece. Naturally enough, the checker wanted to know how big/old she was. Since I knew next to nothing about proper babies, this was immediately an awkward question. I stammered out "Too big", which I suppose was true after a fashion. I suspect that even that exchange was taken as natural boyish disinterest rather than anything more significant.
    Heh, that just reminded me of when we were babysitting a family friends 16 month old. Something happened to his pacifier and my mom sent me to the store to get another one. I thought nothing of it, but there was an older lady at the cash register who immediately started going "awww wa binkey!! it's so cute! how old is he?". I most have given one of the most epic confused looks of all time as my thought process ground over "binky? what? oh, she means pacifier. crap! she probably thinks I'm an AB. oh wait, no, she just thinks I'm a new parent. crap, how old is he now? oh wait, just make up an age, she won't care in another 5 minutes".

Well,

I'll say back when I was like 12-14 I started going to a store on my bike and getting my own supplies...I also worked part time doing computer installs and very early networking...

Anyhow, the guy working there showed me all the different ones they carried and we talked for awhile...

So, it wasn't a bad thing for sure...

Now, I usually order online...probably bought n store once in the last 6 years or so...