Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Overalls makers?

Default Custom Overalls makers?

Hey there friends... Since this is my first thread, please bare with me if it's a obvious answer i'm not aware of.

When I was a kiddo, up until I was about 12 I practically lived in overalls... My favorite pair were green "whale corduroy" Osh Kosh's. I'm determined to getting a pair custom made and wanted to know if you guys knew of any companies that I could commission to do this??

I have a few pics of me wearing them as a kid, but did'nt want to violate any forum rules, so I googled some generic photo's to give the idea!

Thank you all in advance for the help! :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osh1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	19497

Name:	osh 2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	19498

Name:	osh 3.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	19499

Still love wearing these and like to put also elastic in the hem to look like a pair of toddler overalls, with a baby motif at the front, mostly teddy bears

I was actually going to try my hand at sewing myself a pair just like that. I even found a sewing pattern online that's nearly identical to OshKosh's adult overalls in the 70's to early 00's:

Name:	KS-2331.jpg 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	19501

K2331 | Overalls | Shorts & Pants | Kwik Sew Patterns

I'd obviously need to make a few modifications to the pattern - like narrowing and maybe shortening the bib - but, all things considered, it's a pretty decent match. Now's to find the time...

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Just rember if your looking for baby look you need to be fuller in bottem for diapers or bigger in the hips .
    Now if toddler it a little but not so much .

Quote Originally Posted by footieboy View Post
    I was actually going to try my hand at sewing myself a pair just like that. I even found a sewing pattern online that's nearly identical to OshKosh's adult overalls in the 70's to early 00's:

Name:	KS-2331.jpg 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	19501

K2331 | Overalls | Shorts & Pants | Kwik Sew Patterns

I'd obviously need to make a few modifications to the pattern - like narrowing and maybe shortening the bib - but, all things considered, it's a pretty decent match. Now's to find the time...

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I thought it was worth sharing.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, what you have in the pic is exactly what im looking for! When I was a kiddo, i'd always have my overalls quite a few sizes too big though, so now I like my clothes really baggy. please let us know how your project goes, im really interested in making this dream happen!

If everything goes to plan (and I haven't killed anyone), I might be your guy! :P

At the moment, I'm looking for some legit OshKosh hardware, like buttons and clasps. I actually own a few adult pairs but it'd be sacrilege to take them apart just for the hardware. Also, I can't seem to find any decent corduroy fabric locally, so it looks like I'll need to order it online. Ideally, I'd like to use wide-wale cords, but I think finer cords might be easier to work with and definitely easier to find.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted!

I think that corduroy overalls and shortalls are the most wonderful items of clothing in my "little"wardrobe. I love to combine a nice brown wide wale corduroy overall with a striped turtleneck. I get my overalls and shortalls from e-bay. I found a local tailor to do the snap crotches. Luckily , she does't ask any questions, although I was really nervous the first time I asked her to do one. I had not thought of the osh kosh logo and hardware, although its a very nice touch.

^ Turtleneck! That's exactly what I had in mind to complete this outfit. Would be even cooler with loops on the shoulders to keep the straps in place.

Also, I thought about buying some used kids' pairs for the hardware/tags, but I might need to get the buckles at a sewing supply shop to accommodate wider straps.
    Last edited by futurepunk92; 15-Dec-2013 at 07:33.

Default Osh Kosh

Osh Kosh used to make adult work clothing in the USA.

I have some of their original adult overalls and and short overalls.

Made in USA in Wisconsin.

Can be found online or perhaps thrift stores.

Otherwise the buckles and tags could be put onto an adult sized garment.

Nothing like wearing outside what one feels inside.

Close enough to typical clothing with no outward sighs of a/b to those we don't want to know, yet one can still be who we are inside.

Go for it!

When I was a kiddo, up until I was about 12 I practically lived in overalls... My favorite pair were green "whale corduroy" Osh Kosh's. I'm determined to getting a pair custom made and wanted to know if you guys knew of any companies that I could commission to do this??

Quote Originally Posted by footieboy View Post
    ^ Turtleneck! That's exactly what I had in mind to complete this outfit. Would be even cooler with loops on the shoulders to keep the straps in place.

Also, I thought about buying some used kids' pairs for the hardware/tags, but I might need to get the buckles at a sewing supply shop to accommodate wider straps.
    Just found these great vintage pair (Size 4y/o) on Ebay, the vintage Oshkosh's we all remember, even have the snaps... You know, back when it was still considered socially acceptable for a 4 year old to still be in diapers!

OshKosh Boys Overalls Size 4 | eBay

Name:	$_57.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	19522

This is a interesting idea as well, corduroy with the cargo pockets that are also lined... Super adorable!

Osh Kosh Bgosh Blue Courdoroy Overalls Flannel Lining Baby Boys 12 Months | eBay

Name:	$_57.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	19523