Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Christmas song

Default Your Favourite Christmas song

What's your favourite Christmas song? I just listened to my all time favourite by David Bowie and Bing Crosby (really).

The Little Drummer Boy.

Bing Crosby & David Bowie - The Little Drummer Boy / Peace On Earth - YouTube

I had two favorites. For a Christmas song was Silver Bells.

For a Christmas Carol Oh Holy Night.

Two days ago, my wife asked e if there were any Christmas songs (carols) I didn't like. I couldn't think of any. So here's one by Billy Squier and for a Christmas carol here's one by Amy Grant.

Generally, I can't stand Christmas music! I feel soooo sorry for shop assistants who have to listen to that one CD of Christmas music, on repeat, for the whole of December. It must drive them insane!

But there are two tracks that I do quite like. One is "A Spaceman Came Travelling" (even if I palpably shudder at the reference to "light-years of time"):

The other is "Fairlytale of New York" by The Pogues:

I tend to like all the dark non-traditional Christmas songs (listening to the same normal ones over and over again at my job made me grow sick of them). The Weird Al Christmas songs are my favorites in particular.

Feliz Navidad!
    No actually I like "Mary Did You Know" the most

My favourite carol is "Oh Come All ye Faithful".

I enjoy all the classics, both the Christian and the secular ones. But I get annoyed by the attempts to "freshen them up", since it basically never works. You just don't do a techno version of "The Little Drummer Boy" (I wish I was joking about that one).