Thread: Jumping in here

Default Jumping in here

Greetings from the state of Texas !
    My name is stinkape and l have been here for a little over a year now but this is my first introduction.
    I am mainly a DL and have been so all my life,yes it is a little strange and self acceptance can be a little hard and that is what brings me to this site rather than others. I feel I am in good company here.
    My hobbies include old cars, motorcycles and working with my hands and they have served me well in life as construction,remodeling and the like has been my career path.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkape View Post
    Greetings from the state of Texas !
    My name is stinkape and l have been here for a little over a year now but this is my first introduction.
    I am mainly a DL and have been so all my life,yes it is a little strange and self acceptance can be a little hard and that is what brings me to this site rather than others. I feel I am in good company here.
    My hobbies include old cars, motorcycles and working with my hands and they have served me well in life as construction,remodeling and the like has been my career path.
    Welcome stinkape! Thanks for a good introduction. By old cars and motorcycles, does that mean you're in to restoration?

That would be correct.I am currently working on a 66 Ford Galaxie convertible and have taught my self everything in the lines of paint, apholstery and body work its really just a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkape View Post
    That would be correct.I am currently working on a 66 Ford Galaxie convertible and have taught my self everything in the lines of paint, apholstery and body work its really just a hobby.
    Awesome! I'm a little older than you and remember the Galaxie quite well. My sister drove a hard top, not sure of the year. It was a boat compared to today's standards. I would love to see a picture of your progress or when you're finished.

NICE! I've yet to do any classic cars, But I completely restored my 1982 yamaha Virago 920. starts, runs and looks like new, fixed everything from the noisy starter clutch to the body work and paint. also has new tires and a new battery. it draws a crowd at bike nites since they only made the 920 for 2 years...

My other toy is a 92 Harley FLSTF or fatboy , the paint is still emaculate and it runs exellent, aboy has got to love his toys and i for one do.