Thread: Extra Security Works

Default Extra Security Works

Both yesterday and the day before my disposable diapers leaked while driving my paper route. Yesterday was bad. However, I wore a terry cloth-lined plastic pant over my diapers. The leaks were contained and my pants and car seat were saved as dry.

It's odd that two days in a row my diaper leaked, but statistics allows for that. It's notable that in over three years of using this combination not once has a leak escaped from the lined plastic pant. That's 100% security, and worth the bother.

The moral is that if you require such security, then this solution works.

Sitting is probably the most leaky position to be in. You really can't expect to use more than 50% of your diaper's capacity even in the best of circumstances when sitting. Tape the lowers as tight around your leg as your can tolerate, make sure the diaper's spread out fully in the back under your butt cheeks and the edges turned out. Consider a booster for the front. And that over-pant will always be a good idea.

I ran out of booster pads, but have extra cheaper diapers on hand. How do I use them as a effective booster without sacrificing absorption?

Depending on the main diaper, you can pull open the back of the diaper, (or cut open from the inside,) run you hand down in the inside of the diaper separating the plastic from the padding. Next is adding the second diaper for additional padding. Baby diapers work particularly well as stuffers. I remove all the elastics and wings so you are left with the just the padding and I insert that into the main diaper. Any "adult absorbent underwear" you might have works just as well too. Most brands you can pull the absorbent pad from the "underwear" portion. For full size adult diapers just cut all the way around the the padding and keep the absorbent portion removing any elastic. It helps if the donor diaper diaper is smaller. I prefer this method over just putting slits in one diaper and covering it with another or putting a baby diaper in between the leg gathers. There are less potential for leaks this way and allows the leak guards to do their job

I'm careful putting my diapers on. The job of delivering newspapers from an automobile requires a lot of shifting around in my seat, especially when putting a paper out the passenger-side window and into a tube. That, and the holding of all the urine in the front of the diaper from just sitting, can cause leaks. Now, I'm a bit OK with wetting my pants, but not so much outside the house. I'm not OK at all with wetting my car seat. The best solution is to wear a lined plastic pant over the disposable, even with premium disposables. Leaks from the diaper are inevitable, it's managing them that makes the difference.

Thank you for your advice. I went the route of cutting a I slit most the way down the length of the outer material of the main diaper. Then I took a donor diaper, and cut all the extra off. Slipped it into place making sure all the pulp still clinging on the material go underneath where it would be best used. Then I resealed it with duct tape both vertically, and horizontally. Main is a Abena Abri-Form L4, the donor is a Fight Right Ultra Large. I will wear loose fitting briefs, or boxers over this. Then plastic pants. I'm sure my big butt will be good to go for the long night ahead. XD

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    Depending on the main diaper, you can pull open the back of the diaper, (or cut open from the inside,) run you hand down in the inside of the diaper separating the plastic from the padding. Next is adding the second diaper for additional padding. Baby diapers work particularly well as stuffers. I remove all the elastics and wings so you are left with the just the padding and I insert that into the main diaper. Any "adult absorbent underwear" you might have works just as well too. Most brands you can pull the absorbent pad from the "underwear" portion. For full size adult diapers just cut all the way around the the padding and keep the absorbent portion removing any elastic. It helps if the donor diaper diaper is smaller. I prefer this method over just putting slits in one diaper and covering it with another or putting a baby diaper in between the leg gathers. There are less potential for leaks this way and allows the leak guards to do their job