Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silicone or Latex?

Have you checked out the Guide to Pacifiers on the ADISC wiki?

It discusses the difference fairly succinctly, and has plenty of other info

Quote Originally Posted by Puppyluvs View Post
    Have you checked out the Guide to Pacifiers on the ADISC wiki?

It discusses the difference fairly succinctly, and has plenty of other info
    I read through it a while ago but I guess I skimmed through it too fast.

So silicone lasts longer but it can be bitten through easier. Shoot, idk what I should get next. At night I tend to bite down a bit so for all I know the silicone may not last long. I also realized I think that I find the taste of the latex paci kind of comforting. So now I have no clue what I want to buy.

I've had both, and I can't say I have a big preference, though I think I probably do prefer the taste and texture of latex a bit over silicone.

I also like to bite down on them at times (rather than just sucking) and I've had my latex Nuk 5 now for around three years, and it's holding up fine.

At the end of the day, pacifiers aren't a huge investment (at least non-custom ones) so the best advice I can suggest is to collect a few over time and see what you enjoy best - you'll probably find a favourite before long

Quote Originally Posted by Puppyluvs View Post
    I've had both, and I can't say I have a big preference, though I think I probably do prefer the taste and texture of latex a bit over silicone.

I also like to bite down on them at times (rather than just sucking) and I've had my latex Nuk 5 now for around three years, and it's holding up fine.

At the end of the day, pacifiers aren't a huge investment (at least non-custom ones) so the best advice I can suggest is to collect a few over time and see what you enjoy best - you'll probably find a favourite before long
    They aren't cheap though. I've had 3 and I've made my favorite one last a long time but it is definitely showing wear.

Of notice for some of the cheaper brands of pacifiers, the late text us to get sticky. Same deal with the cheap made silicone ones, too is they don't hold up very well either sometimes they just tear. Good luck on finding a perfect titty to suck on.

When I read this, I didn't first think of pacifiers =D

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    When I read this, I didn't first think of pacifiers =D
    I think I'm going to stick to a quality latex Nuk 5.

CrinklySiren

All my AB pacis are Latex, but honestly I prefer silicone because i feel that latex is not only really thin and soft, but it also has a funny taste that takes some getting use to (at least for me it did), i like my paci to be the semi-hard silicone type, especially since silicone doesn't have a strange taste. Theres nothing quite as interesting as putting a latex paci in your mouth and have the taste of it after having cleaned it in hot water >_<

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    All my AB pacis are Latex, but honestly I prefer silicone because i feel that latex is not only really thin and soft, but it also has a funny taste that takes some getting use to (at least for me it did), i like my paci to be the semi-hard silicone type, especially since silicone doesn't have a strange taste. Theres nothing quite as interesting as putting a latex paci in your mouth and have the taste of it after having cleaned it in hot water >_<
    I think I'll get one silicone and one latex paci next time I buy one.