Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies that make you want to be younger

Default Movies that make you want to be younger

Hey everybody! I'm not an AB, I'm a DL with some interest in diaperfur. and babyfur. I didn't experience very much with my fur side, but I when I was a teenager (I think that earlier too) I loved the series and movies with anthropomorphic characters.

I recall when I was around 10 (around 1990) there was an animated serie with a pack of anthropomorphic dogs which I liked very much (I don't have a clue about its name). I recall specially that in an episode, the leader was caught and put in a dog pound with the argument suggesting that they would kill him. The character was very nice and joyful and the simple idea almost made me cry (I'm remembering my own reaction, it makes me smile).

Specifically movies, I saw the Lion King when I was about 16 (1996, two years later after the movie's release). With that movie I think my fur side grew sistematically. Nevertheless, I never experienced further, as I previously said.

But there are some movies that somewhat make me want to be younger. Yes, I can enjoy them as an adult (I'm 33) but I think some of their magic is lost being an adult. Examples:

- Sen to chihiro no kamikakushi (spirited away, from Hayao Miyazaki)
    - Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro, also from Hayao Miyazaki)
    - Despicable Me (although this one I think that has a huge message to adults)
    - Kung fu Panda (yes, this one also had a great message to adults)

- Tom and Jerry. I almost feel guilty to lose time seeing them, although... I am unable to stop laughing...
    - Silver Hawks (wings of silver, nerves of steel!...)
    - Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (Fullmetal Alchemist, from Hiromu Arakawa, also with a strong message to adults)
    - Kaadokyaputaa Sakura (Card Captor Sakura from Clamp, what a love story)

These are some examples that make me skip reality and make me want to be younger. Movies and series that I enjoyed so much I almost felt myself inside the story.

What are the movies or series that really touched you?

Which ones would you recommend to enjoy an afternoon absolutely lost in a fantasy world?

Last edited by bigpa; 12-Dec-2013 at 05:29. Reason: Some corrections?

A lot of the Disney movies from my childhood really bring me back, ESPECIALLY Mulan and Hercules. Those are my absolute favorites. I just got done watching Where The Wild Things Are and that was a really good movie that brought me back to being a kid (although I couldn't stop analyzing it thanks to my child development class... Damn you college education).

Howl's Moving Castle is definitely a cool movie, as well as Final Fantasy Advent Children. Then there's Slappy and the Stinkers, The Little Rascals, The Sandlot (only number one, number 2 doesn't ring the same reminiscent bell for me), 101 Dalmatians, Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat, Halloween Town, The Parent Trap (the remake), The Little Giants, and a few others I can't immediately think of off the top of my head.

There was this fantastic animated story of how Santa Claus came to be but I can't for the life of me remember the name. I just remember he was found and raised by elves and ended up giving poor kids toys in this renaissance era type setting and there was a huge battle at the end between the elves and the giants etc. That movie is one of those ones that was burned into my mind as a Christmas icon. I watched it almost every year for about 8 years straight until about 4 years ago.

As for shows, Tom and Jerry of course. Captain Planet. SWAT Kats. The Jetsons. The Flintstones. Blues Clues. Sagwa the Cat. Arthur. Out of the Box (I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE ON THAT FREAKIN' SHOW! SO DAMN JEALOUS!). Liberty Kids (short lived series, but still cool). Jackie Chan Adventures. Dragon Ball Z. Samurai Jack. Gundam Wing. Cowboy Bebop. Trigun. Ruroni Kenshin. Yugioh (the first season ONLY). Pokemon (same as Yugioh). Naruto. And a buncha of others I can't readily think of at the moment, but if I saw them, they would jump out at me.

YES YES YES!!!! I FOUND IT! The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus (2000) Highly recommended film. I loved it as a child. Still love it. Found a link to the whole movie on youtube. The life and adventure of Santa Claus (2000) version - YouTube

Toy Story is a film I saw as a teenager and every time I see it now it really brings me back.

I agree with Transformers the Movie, this was a huge part of childhood. Also the Goonies.

Most studio ghibli films...

Epically spirited away...the cat returns...kiki's delivery service and howls moving castle...

I don't watch much cartoons...but the old road runner ones are great!

i was a 90's kid so there were so many awesome films to choose from, the lion king of course, a goofy movie, toy story, alot of the muppets movies made around the early 90's and the rugrats movie (the first one) ^^