Hey everybody! I'm not an AB, I'm a DL with some interest in diaperfur. and babyfur. I didn't experience very much with my fur side, but I when I was a teenager (I think that earlier too) I loved the series and movies with anthropomorphic characters.
I recall when I was around 10 (around 1990) there was an animated serie with a pack of anthropomorphic dogs which I liked very much (I don't have a clue about its name). I recall specially that in an episode, the leader was caught and put in a dog pound with the argument suggesting that they would kill him. The character was very nice and joyful and the simple idea almost made me cry (I'm remembering my own reaction, it makes me smile).
Specifically movies, I saw the Lion King when I was about 16 (1996, two years later after the movie's release). With that movie I think my fur side grew sistematically. Nevertheless, I never experienced further, as I previously said.
But there are some movies that somewhat make me want to be younger. Yes, I can enjoy them as an adult (I'm 33) but I think some of their magic is lost being an adult. Examples:
- Sen to chihiro no kamikakushi (spirited away, from Hayao Miyazaki)
- Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro, also from Hayao Miyazaki)
- Despicable Me (although this one I think that has a huge message to adults)
- Kung fu Panda (yes, this one also had a great message to adults)
- Tom and Jerry. I almost feel guilty to lose time seeing them, although... I am unable to stop laughing...
- Silver Hawks (wings of silver, nerves of steel!...)
- Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (Fullmetal Alchemist, from Hiromu Arakawa, also with a strong message to adults)
- Kaadokyaputaa Sakura (Card Captor Sakura from Clamp, what a love story)
These are some examples that make me skip reality and make me want to be younger. Movies and series that I enjoyed so much I almost felt myself inside the story.
What are the movies or series that really touched you?
Which ones would you recommend to enjoy an afternoon absolutely lost in a fantasy world?