Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: most powerfull and insanly stuipdly expensive gaming PC ive ever seen

  1. #1

    Default most powerfull and insanly stuipdly expensive gaming PC ive ever seen

    I stumbled across this a week ago and after their recent video i had to share, i thought my cousins Tri Titan i7 rig was OP this is a whole new level of irresponsibility



    Arma 3 MAX SETTINGS - 1440p on LPC - YouTube

    How much does the Large Pixel Collider cost? - YouTube

  2. #2

    Default

    Things like this impressed me once upon a time but not so much anymore. There's no real challenge in it, frankly, any idiot can thrown down a tonne of money and build a monster uber machine. It's not hard, why be impressed? It's finding the hardware that gives the consumer the most bang for your buck is what really impresses me. Trying to find that sweet spot where your dollar is maximized, that's something that I find very interesting.

    And even so, they sorta cheaped out. They only put in a six core CPU, while that's as high as the i7's go, there are enterprise E5's on the same socket, that are compatible with that motherboard, with 12 cores.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    And even so, they sorta cheaped out. They only put in a six core CPU, while that's as high as the i7's go, there are enterprise E5's on the same socket, that are compatible with that motherboard, with 12 cores.
    that Processor is the equivilant of 12 cores it hyperthreads.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    that Processor is the equivilant of 12 cores it hyperthreads.
    Actually, no. ;)

    The perfomance gain is ~30% if the program can utilize HT, if not there is none.

    As example a 3770k from 6287 w/o HT to ~8800 with HT and on the other hand "nothing" in Maya with a xeon e5.


    And it can even get worse. Especially with 8 or more cores the execution time doesn't improve, but the cpu time goes up.
    Since... well you have to know what HT is. it just means that the physical cores have to split its execution capacity in two. So the total execution capacity does not increase, since each virtual core is twice as slow and the virtual cores take turns to execute on the physical core, which draws performance of the latter.

    Anyway, I remember someone using nearly the same gimmick PC with 2 xeons used with a custom board. It's funny, but nothing else.
    It's just a kind of waste of money, you don't need the extra performance in contrast to a... 780 and a 200/300$ i5/i7. In 2 years a 200$ I5 (or whatever it may be called than perhaps) will outperform the extreme edition and one gpu will beat the old sli compound. A company would anyway want a Quadro, if you keep the price range in mind. ^_-

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    Actually, no.

    The perfomance gain is ~30% if the program can utilize HT, if not there is none.

    As example a 3770k from 6287 w/o HT to ~8800 with HT and on the other hand "nothing" in Maya with a xeon e5.


    And it can even get worse. Especially with 8 or more cores the execution time doesn't improve, but the cpu time goes up.
    Since... well you have to know what HT is. it just means that the physical cores have to split its execution capacity in two. So the total execution capacity does not increase, since each virtual core is twice as slow and the virtual cores take turns to execute on the physical core, which draws performance of the latter.

    Anyway, I remember someone using nearly the same gimmick PC with 2 xeons used with a custom board. It's funny, but nothing else.
    It's just a kind of waste of money, you don't need the extra performance in contrast to a... 780 and a 200/300$ i5/i7. In 2 years a 200$ I5 (or whatever it may be called than perhaps) will outperform the extreme edition and one gpu will beat the old sli compound. A company would anyway want a Quadro, if you keep the price range in mind. ^_-
    Fair point i didn't know about that Glad i went with an AMD FX8350 8 Core processor then instead of an i7 Quadcore me personally i run and Overclocked AMD 8 core and an Overclocked Nvidia GTX 770 4GB and im almost at par performance wise with my brothers i7 quadcore and dual Titan setup. but as far as my family goes i have the baby computer i only spent $4000 and stayed with a single GPU and and instead of their 32 GB i stayed with 16GB on mine where as the rest of my siblings and cousins were well into the $6000-$7000 range (bear in mind that also includes anywhere from three to 5 HD monitors and a bunch of high end Goodies) Gotta love rich grandparents they promised each of us a computer built to our specifications upon Completion of at least and accociates degree.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    that Processor is the equivilant of 12 cores it hyperthreads.
    No, hyperthreads just means that a single core can execute two threads simultaneously. The total power of that core doesn't go up, it can just be more efficiently taken advantage of in certain situations.

    Also, the 12 core Xeon E5's are also multithreaded... 24 threads. :P

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Fair point i didn't know about that Glad i went with an AMD FX8350 8 Core processor then instead of an i7 Quadcore. me personally i run and Overclocked AMD 8 core and an Overclocked Nvidia GTX 770 4GB and im almost at par performance wise with my brothers i7 quadcore and dual Titan setup.
    The quad-core i7 3770K consistently outperforms the octo-core FX8350 in almost all benchmarks and reviews. 'More cores' doesn't necessarily make something better than something of an entirely different architecture. That said, CPU power isn't a huge factor for a lot of people. GPU matters far more, as it's been demonstrated in several other benchmark reviews that set out to simply use the same 'basic setup' with different CPUs and calculate the difference.



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    i only spent $4000 and stayed with a single GPU and and instead of their 32 GB i stayed with 16GB on mine.
    How in God's name did you built a PC with only 16GB of RAM, a $200 CPU, and still manage to come to $4000 for the total bill? That's a frighteningly inefficient expenditure of funds. o.O Is the case gold plated or something? I mean geez, the guys at the computer store musta seen you coming MILES away, ha ha.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    How in God's name did you built a PC with only 16GB of RAM, a $200 CPU, and still manage to come to $4000 for the total bill? That's a frighteningly inefficient expenditure of funds. o.O Is the case gold plated or something? I mean geez, the guys at the computer store musta seen you coming MILES away, ha ha.
    3 Asus 1440p 1MS HD monitors at over $300 a piece a $250 super case a $700 custom circut Liquid cooling system $120 keyboard $100 mouse a $250 headset ECT. the total of $4000 was rounded to the nearest 1000 and included EVERYTHING that connects to it.

    its got its own 5.1 surround audio system, 3D setup, all Software, the pretty lights i spent more in extras than i did on the computer because it was all FREE!(as in I didn't pay for it my grand parents did as a graduation present as they did with all my cousins and siblings)

    the computer will be upgraded on MY budget when the time comes so i made sure that all the extras wouldn't need to be upgraded again this decade. i mean the most i have to do for the cooling setup is water blocks if i upgrade. i admit i went a bit overkill on the 180MM tripple radiator, but it can handle anything i can throw at it for the next 2 decades the pump was the best and fastest i could find. distilled water, high end no crimp tubing

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    3 Asus 1440p 1MS HD monitors at over $300
    Well, Asus only has two 1440p monitors, the PB278Q (I have it, nice. I use it for doing visual effects and compositing work, wish I could have afforded something higher res though) and then there's the newer PA279Q. But those start at around $500 and the newer one is closer to $800. So you either have no idea what you spent on your monitors or you didn't get any of the 1440p displays and instead got something else.



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    $700 custom circut Liquid cooling system
    You spent $700 on a liquid cooling solution, while only getting your FX-8350 to a measly 4.6ghz? A mere 15% over it's maximum turbo? ...I got an i7 3770K overclocked from 3.5ghz to 4.4ghz, it would out perform your FX-8350... And it's cooled by a $60 kit from Corsair. I dunno how to tell you this but... You've been had. You've been seriously taken advantage of. I feel bad for you. o.O

  9. #9

    Default

    oh don't get me wrong the OC will go much higher bear in mind the computer is only 1 month old and all i know about the monitors is what newegg posted and they were like 50% off when i got them ~600 - 50% = ~$300. and i bought and built the whole thing. i intent to OC into the high 5's to mid 6GHZ range but before i do that i have to square away a larger Power supply and add the second power wire to stabilize the voltage going to the motherboard i only got an 850Watt PS and im overdrawing it as is so its going to be replaced with an EVGA 1300Watt.

    and second do you thrive on starting drama because every post you made it seems like your just Trolling

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    i intent to OC into the high 5's to mid 6GHZ range but before i do that i have to square away a larger Power supply and add the second power wire to stabilize the voltage going to the motherboard i only got an 850Watt PS and im overdrawing it as is so its going to be replaced with an EVGA 1300Watt.
    That's not going to happen. Like, it's just not. You could hit MAYBE the low 5ghz if you're lucky but 5ghz tops would be more realistic. High 5ghz or even 6ghz really isn't possible with that CPU. (Or any CPU really). Even record breaking attempts such as 8+ghz, involve disabling all but ONE core and pouring liquid nitrogen into the CPU. They get numbers for breaking records but they aren't functional. I'm sorry... But the simple fact remains, someone ripped you off. Honestly, you could have taken the money from that CPU and that rip off liquid cooling system, and just purchased a faster CPU out of the box.

Similar Threads

  1. Not-So-Expensive Plushies
    By CrinklySiren in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-Aug-2012, 08:29
  2. Expensive! Very Expensive
    By Kyatto in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 30-Oct-2010, 11:31
  3. Bambinos Too Expensive?
    By joey225 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 25-Jul-2009, 11:21
  4. why are adult diapers sooo expensive
    By kitty0230 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 28-Jan-2009, 03:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.