Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of underjams?

Default What do you think of underjams?

The other day I saw some underjams at my local supermarket, and since then I've been thinking of buying some. So what are your thoughts on them, would you recommend them etc.? Previousley I've been using drynites pyjama pants and I'd say they're pretty good. Do you think I should buy some drynites instead? Are underjams at least worth a shot? I've read that underjams are a bit tighter than drynites, but I think I could fit in them(I'm rather skinny). But anyway thanks for help!

Smaller? Yes. Tighter? No. The elastic on these is much softer and stretchier than on GoodNites, but some have had problems with the elastic tearing over time. I have 44" hips, and with a little pre-streching, I can wear UnderJams. With GoodNites, I have to do some modding.

All that said, these have the same rise as size 6 Pampers baby diapers, and the crotch is much narrower (just like GoodNites). The tapes on the diapers can be over-stretched considerably, so I'd argue that they're functionally superior in most cases. I find both UnderJams and GoodNites to be unusably leaky due to the narrow crotch, which is, of course, because I'm *slightly* too large for them. If you're on the small side for an adult, however, they may be ok.

my kids prefer them over goodnites/drynites if that tell you anything. they are in my opinion 10X better

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDriver View Post
    The other day I saw some underjams at my local supermarket, and since then I've been thinking of buying some. So what are your thoughts on them, would you recommend them etc.? Previousley I've been using drynites pyjama pants and I'd say they're pretty good. Do you think I should buy some drynites instead? Are underjams at least worth a shot? I've read that underjams are a bit tighter than drynites, but I think I could fit in them(I'm rather skinny). But anyway thanks for help!
    I think that they are much softer than the goodnites. They are also smaller than goodnites, but absorb more. I would wear them more, if they were alittle bigger. I'm a 29" waist, and they are too tight for me. If I'm going to wear a pull-up, I'll wear the goodnites since they are larger.

Don't bother with underjams. The sides tear very easily

Thanks for advice everyone! I think I'm going to at least try them, even though the sides may tear. Would you recommend boys or girls version?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDriver View Post
    Thanks for advice everyone! I think I'm going to at least try them, even though the sides may tear. Would you recommend boys or girls version?
    In terms of functionality, I'm of the opinion (though I haven't tested rigorously) that GoodNites/UnderJams/Pull-Ups/Easy-Ups are gender-neutral except for the prints. They are exactly the same shape, in any case, so there is no difference in terms of fit. I would say go for the ones you like the looks of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    In terms of functionality, I'm of the opinion (though I haven't tested rigorously) that GoodNites/UnderJams/Pull-Ups/Easy-Ups are gender-neutral except for the prints. They are exactly the same shape, in any case, so there is no difference in terms of fit. I would say go for the ones you like the looks of.
    Not true at all girls have all absorbancy at tge bottom while the boys have more padding up front and barley any at the bottom. I tested thoroughly

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Not true at all girls have all absorbancy at tge bottom while the boys have more padding up front and barley any at the bottom. I tested thoroughly
    Please do a write-up if you can. I bought packs of girls and boys GoodNites in August with the intent of doing this test, but still haven't. Baby diapers have been gender-neutral for decades now, so it's a little surprising (but far from unbelievable) that they'd bother with different styles of padding for these. If you lay them out flat, you'll see that they're exactly the same shape, too. One might expect the boys ones (at least in XL) to be a little roomier up front if they were differentiating the padding, but they aren't (roomier).

Anyway! This is a comparison I'd love to see real data for.

EDIT: As long as we're talking capacity tests, here's what I'd recommend doing (and will do, ASAP), since pouring water into the fronts of diapers and such is horribly imprecise.

Just a thought.

1) For each diaper, cut the padding horizontally (side-to-side) into inch-wide strips starting from the front.
    2) Place each strip in a paper coffee filter (to avoid SAP spillage), staple closed, and number in ascending order.
    3) Soak all of these "padding teabags" in a basin of room-temperature water for five minutes.
    4) Remove from water and allow to sit for about an hour in a colander or something else that will let loose water drain away.
    5) Weigh each of these and graph the weights for each diaper in order of ascending teabag number.
    6) Superimpose the graphs for comparison.

Data... Yummmmm...
    Last edited by Cottontail; 22-Dec-2013 at 05:53.

When they first came out. I got a sample of them and the sides ripped after a while of wearing it. I never peed in it so I wouldn't know how well they hold but I assumed not an adult pee because they didn't look too absorbent or something that holds a lot of pee.