Thread: I hate my past self

Default I hate my past self

When I was around 4, I started being interested in wearing spare pull ups for toddlers that might need them if relatives came over. Sadly I was easily found out because I was 4 and wasn't sneaky enough. My parents quickly suppressed my fascination.

I also had a large pack of diapers kept at the top of my closet for storage at the time and when my parents found out they removed the package.

Skip ahead about 8 years when I was 12, my interest in diapers returned. I was pretty small and could have fit into those diapers even at that age... Darn.

Ahh... Being a DL does have it's downside. Been through the whole 'caught' thing by my parents countless times. Done that, been there, got the postcard. Best to focus on the positive. Being a DL in my opinion is a blessing not a curse. I consider myself very lucky to have such a desire for diapers. Not only is it harmless, it makes me feel safe and has also led me to find this fantastic community, ADISC.

At that young age, you desire diapers like you desire diapers now. It's just a thousand times more difficult to hide.

when i was 3 and 4 i had an infant nappy in my dresser i used to hold and smell and caress it, my parents found out and that was the end of that. what i hate about my young self is the dumb decisions i made, i tried wetting the bed to get put back in diapers but i was too chicken and only did it once, also i would sometimes find diapers and i would put them on and wear them for a bit suppressing my desire to flood them and sometimes id just go a little bit, but rather than take the diaper i would do my best to get it folded as neatly as it came out the pack and put it back only to regret it later. the most embarrasing time was when i was 16 i was staying at a friend of my moms house and i found a single pull-up upstairs on a chair, i put it on and slightly tore the side doing so, i also did pee in it a little, and then i took it off and put it back before i was caught, only it had to be obvious whenever the person they were intended for went to use it, thank god i wasnt around when and if that discovery was made. Also the same summer when i was 16 i did the same thing with one of my grandpa's belted undergarments, WTF WAS WRONG WITH ME...LOL!

After reading this thread, it makes me feel quite fortunate. I guess I was just one of the few "lucky" ones... I was a chronic bedwetter and by the time I was 6, my mom just started buying me goodnites and putting them in my pj drawer until I was about 12. A word was seldom spoken about it, except on the occasional long car or plane trip, when she'd tell me to "put one on just to be on the safe side". God only know's what would have happened if she had'nt been as understanding, alot of soaked nights to say the least im sure!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyJammies View Post
    After reading this thread, it makes me feel quite fortunate. I guess I was just one of the few "lucky" ones... I was a chronic bedwetter and by the time I was 6, my mom just started buying me goodnites and putting them in my pj drawer until I was about 12. A word was seldom spoken about it, except on the occasional long car or plane trip, when she'd tell me to "put one on just to be on the safe side". God only know's what would have happened if she had'nt been as understanding, alot of soaked nights to say the least im sure!
    That's pretty nice.
    I spent about ages 5-11 In a soaked bed everynight almost.
    They put some plastic down on there to help protect the mattress, It only made it pool there.
    It made my childhood miserable even more, It makes me angry everytime I think about it. And how I didn't start using pull-ups for my DL urges util after I had stopped bedwetting, I wish I would have used them 5 years earlier and pleaded to wear them every night. But I didn't know as much back then to even think about something like that unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    That's pretty nice.
    I spent about ages 5-11 In a soaked bed everynight almost.
    They put some plastic down on there to help protect the mattress, It only made it pool there.
    It made my childhood miserable even more, It makes me angry everytime I think about it. And how I didn't start using pull-ups for my DL urges util after I had stopped bedwetting, I wish I would have used them 5 years earlier and pleaded to wear them every night. But I didn't know as much back then to even think about something like that unfortunately.
    That's super lame, im sorry... Yeah I wore diapers to bed until I was 5 when I out grew the largest size pampers. So I only had to deal with the wet bed/plastic sheet issue for about a year until mom found goodnites at the store. I can't even begin to imagine spending my whole childhood soaked at night, that sounds horrid.

In hindsight I count myself lucky. At age 8 I had the mortifying experience of wetting my best friend's bed on a sleepover. Subsequent times his mother put me in protection (thankfully not in front of my friend) and at first going to bed very sad / embarrassed turned to relief as wetting only a diaper and plastic underpants instead of the sheets where everyone would have noticed was a big weight off of me. My parents never said anything which I was glad of but it did teach me the responsibility / enjoyment of being protected at night. Wore several more times plastic pants growing up (due to not understanding wet dreams) and was fine after becoming a full teenager. Fast forward to my first time at college and having heavy accidents the first week and realizing from my past that wearing protection was the best option, I soon discovered that being an adult gave you more options to tackle this issue. Generally, folks are more understanding when they get older....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny456 View Post
    When I was around 4, I started being interested in wearing spare pull ups for toddlers that might need them if relatives came over. Sadly I was easily found out because I was 4 and wasn't sneaky enough. My parents quickly suppressed my fascination.

I also had a large pack of diapers kept at the top of my closet for storage at the time and when my parents found out they removed the package.

Skip ahead about 8 years when I was 12, my interest in diapers returned. I was pretty small and could have fit into those diapers even at that age... Darn.
    Don't blame yourself. Being a DL has its downsides, of course, but it is awesome. As RouteLeader put it, it is harmless (I would like to add that it is harmless when it is not an obsession and you take care of your body accordingly), it may be loving and cute, and it's something for from you to you, which is awesome. Is a unique way of give you something great.

As someone stated over there: Past is history, tomorrow is a mistery, and today is a gift. That's why it's called present.

Hugs.
    Last edited by bigpa; 16-Dec-2013 at 06:54. Reason: Some grammar corrections ;)