Thread: Marleys Mellow Mood

Default Marleys Mellow Mood

For some time I've wanted to try a drink called 'Marleys Mellow Mood', you can probably tell it's related to Bob Marley and with him being a marijuana icon it's obviously a relaxation drink. I know what's in it, and it doesn't look that bad compared to how often I have red bull.

Has anyone tried this drink? What are the effects like?

Smile

Sorry to be a cynic, but it's just a silly branding exercise associating the name of a dead musician with some common herbs. According to their website, the drink contains lemon balm, hops, chamomile, valerian root and passion flower. I don't think you're going to be tripping your tits off. :-)

But it's probably less "harmful" than Red Bull if it doesn't contain caffeine, taurine or gluconolactone.

Oh... and having seen this "news" story, it's pretty clear that the company has paid a PR agency to develop brand awareness. Bob Marley is associated with marijuana intoxication. What better way to promote a Bob Marley drink by suggesting that children get so intoxicated from it that they have to be removed from school? "Hey man, this shit is getting kids stoned! Let's buy some!"

Bob Marley Drink Pulled From NJ Schools: 5 Things To Know About Mellow Mood Beverage

As I said... you can call me a cynic!

I've tried the drink. It actually does induce some relaxation, and has a pretty good taste. Don't know if it's really worth the price though. You may be better off just buying some chamomile. It definitely will not get you high though.

I'm pretty positive it has melatonin in it, a common over the counter sleep aid. I've had a few of these after work a couple times, seems to help knock me out faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny456 View Post
    For some time I've wanted to try a drink called 'Marleys Mellow Mood', you can probably tell it's related to Bob Marley and with him being a marijuana icon it's obviously a relaxation drink. I know what's in it, and it doesn't look that bad compared to how often I have red bull.

Has anyone tried this drink? What are the effects like?
    I have drank them on 3 separate occasions. They definitely help you relax, when I had it the first time i finished the bottle and was drowsy after about 20 minutes. Think of it as an opposite to Energy Drinks.

I was hitherto unaware of this drink, but I do agree with what tiny said. I have no intention of trying this drink. Then again, I don't bother with energy drinks in general.

I actually bought this Bob Marley drink a few years ago and accidentally left it on the bus so I never got to try it. I don't really go for these types of drinks as I am rather sensitive to caffeine and other stimulants/depressants.. When I have a Red Bull I might as well be sorting 5 lines of cocaine and a pint of horse tranquiliser.

I used to drink these almost every night. I lived near a convenience store that stocked them regularly, so I would pick one up, shot gun it and go to sleep. These drinks don't get you "Stoned" or make it so you are incapable of functioning, it basically gives you the same feeling you get after eating a lot of turkey, only it feels a bit stronger than that.

As mentioned above, I believe it does in fact contain melatonin, which is probably the primary reason that these actually work. I like the carbonated cans better than the juice, but I had about the same results with each type.

All in all, I basically just like these drinks for those nights where I have trouble sleeping, and they do provide a good bit of relaxation for the price.

-Ron