Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Plastic Pants...

Default Wearing Plastic Pants...

Being totally incontinent and wearing diapers 24/7, I find wearing plastic pants is necessary, especially @ night during sleep.

Here is one of the cheap plastic pants I wear every night:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0929.jpg 
Views:	9453 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	19463

They come in 3 to a package for $15.00

I have 12 of them, and I "rotate" wearing each plastic pant and every morning I hand wash/rinse each of them and hang them up to dry.

I've always wanted to try plastic pants. Want to recommend some for me? I'm really tiny (can fit into 4T-5T Pull Ups).

Are you saying a statement or asking something?

Anyways.... I found that plastic pants don't do jack shit with disposables. IF the disposable leaks it will just leak/wick though the plastic pants and end up getting your pants wet anyways.

Now with cloth deffinatly an absolute must!

I've found that good PUL pants give you just enough more protection to buy you some time. You will probably know when the diaper has leaked a little. If you have some sort of waterproof pant over it, then it should contain it long enough to keep your outer clothes dry.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    Are you saying a statement or asking something?

Anyways.... I found that plastic pants don't do jack shit with disposables. IF the disposable leaks it will just leak/wick though the plastic pants and end up getting your pants wet anyways.

Now with cloth deffinatly an absolute must!
    Yes, and no...

You need something between the two then they will work wonders...

If you have a plastic backed diaper and plastic pants...small amount of leaking will eventually come out...

If you put even just a pair of cotton underwear between the layers it will work...and handle a small leak easily...

I wear lined plastic pants over my disposable diapers. For years I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants, but when better, premium disposables became available I tried then and liked them. Even then I had leaks (I had leaks with cloth/plastic, too). Since I had plastic pants already I used them with a liner over my disposables. Then lined plastic pants, lined with terry cloth, became available so I started using those. Now it's either those or a plastic pant/terry cloth panty combination for me.

Now I don't worry about leaks. I don't check my diaper to see if it's full; I can change when it's convenient or strategic now, knowing my lined plastic pants will provide protection and security. After years of experimentation this is the best solution I've yet found.

I leaked out the waistband of my plastic pants in bed twice, I'm not sure I'll ever wet in bed wearing a goodnite again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    If you have a plastic backed diaper and plastic pants...small amount of leaking will eventually come out...
    That's not completely true. I wear plastic pants over my diapers most of the time and even when the diaper leaks a bit inside the plastic pants it usually doesn't leak outside.

When I'm close to diaper capacity I usually check the situation inside the plastic pants, often discovering that the outside of the rear of my diaper is wet, but my clothes don't have wet spots on them. Of course waiting much longer than that to change means asking for a major leak which, at a certain point, becomes unavoidable.

Plastic pants don't do miracles, but certainly buy you the confidence that, unless you *really* overdo it, you're not gonna get wet spots on your pants for several hours no matter what happens inside your diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by shertion View Post
    I've always wanted to try plastic pants. Want to recommend some for me? I'm really tiny (can fit into 4T-5T Pull Ups).
    I've been getting some good plastic pants from adultclothdiaper.com . They have a variety of styles. I have good luck with them at night. I want to try some from babypants.com, because they have some baby print styles that are said to be soft and quiet when worn.
    Either is quite more expensive than the ones shown at the top of the thread, coming in between 9 and 15 dollars each. They last about 45-60 nights before getting too stiff and start to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    I leaked out the waistband of my plastic pants in bed twice, I'm not sure I'll ever wet in bed wearing a goodnite again.
    I've been wearing Goodnites at night to bed with a thinner cloth diaper over the Goodnites and then Leakmaster highback plastic pants. They definitely don't leak. The reason why I added the Goodnites to the cloth diaper is because they repress the smell of pee. My wife was spraying with Fabreeze when I got up in the morning, but not if I have the Goodnites on with the cloth. I like the feeling as well, as they really swell up. Of course they will leak into the cloth, but they seem to filter the pee before it hits the cloth diaper.