Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My current situation with friends

Default My current situation with friends

Currently my friends do not know that I'm abdl but they do know I'm a brony and are fine with that because half of them are Bronies themselves or reference it at times, I know my best friend has a fetish but won't tell me and he might know I have a fetish but I won't tell him. There's a chance he might be ABDL as well because he sometimes jokes about people who have diaper fetishes, probably to act as if he isn't one.

I plan on telling him when I get an opportunity for the situation where we would tell each other our fetishes if we promise we will both say ours to each other's and not chicken out, and also make sure we keep them a secret.

I guess things would be much better if we knew about and tolerated each-others fetishes so I could openly talk about it to someone in real life.

What's your situation with your friends or family and ABDLism.

Joejoe

Why do you want to tell them? I'm not sure if that is a good idea.

I only want to tell my best friend, and only if he tells me his fetish. Though we've benefit friends long enough and he's the person who wouldn't ditch me because of how I am, though I would need to prepare for a little bit before telling.

He might not be surprised because one time he sarcastically asked if I had a diaper fetish and I'm sure I turned beat red.

Well for me one friend knows about my diapers, and that I wear them for reasons other than incontinence. My closest friend though. Only knows that I wet the bed by accident time to time. So he accepts the fact that I wear them, but does not know the extent as to why I wear them. I could go on, and tell him my past. Explain that I have had a fascination for them since the age of 13. Though I do not think that would make much sense to him. So just to make it easier I let him believe whatever helps him make sense of it. I do not want to deceive him, but imo being bold is not the best way to handle certain situations.

I told my two best friends that I was a babyfur (because they all know what that is because I joke about babyfurs a lot, but not in a hateful way) except with less of the furry part and just a little bit about it, for me it was incredibly uneventful and kinda underwhelming the two reactions where esentialy "wait your being serious, oh okay then" and "okay."

I don't think its wrong to guess that your friend may have some connection to diaper fetishists, though may not necessarily be one. its how I work, I almost always make jokes about groups that I'm almost a part of.

I know that It can be really hard to tell something like this but I always wanted to say on some level but would stop my self, it sounds the same for you and your friend. as long as your both accepting people and both have a fetish then telling him would be a relief for both of you and go well.

there is even a possible chance you could get a playmate (based on all the diaper jokes) but don't get your hopes up if you do decide to tell him

Why do people need to know though. It's ok that he's a good friend, but surely this is a personal fetish you don't show off out in public? Never understood why people need to tell others when they don't plan on doing it out in the public view. Oh well, each to their own! Good luck if you do tell though

For me, being accepted by my friends is the ultimate confirmation that it is okay to be who you are. It is not about show, and tell to get reactions. I personally do not want allot of people to know about the AB/DL lifestyle.
    If people in public figure I am wearing protection then it would not be something I would want them to talk about, or see. If you do not want to tell anyone that is up to you, but for many it is allot of baggage to carry on there own.

Having at least a few good people you actually know to talk to helps keep people sane. It relieves my tension, and I do not feel like I have to hide. Also telling someone also reassures them that you trust them. So far I have had a better relationship with the couple people I have told. They know I am more accepting of diversity than most people they know. It also sort of breaks the ice, and makes them feel less bad about themselves.
    That is of course if there is something just as equally embarrassing they are not talking about.

Update: I do not tell people that it is a fetish if they are vanilla. Doing so makes it seem more perverse than it actually is. I clearly explain to them my reasons behind it if I must explain at all. I never had a negative reaction so far. Being honest is not always the best idea, but if you are. Please do not tell them in a way that will potentially freak them out. Be reasonable, and do not lie if you can manage that. Lying only makes life worse especially to someone you care about. If you need to dodge the truth bullet. Say something in a way that is using a bit of discretion. No need to jump out of the bushes with only a diaper on in front of your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Why do people need to know though. It's ok that he's a good friend, but surely this is a personal fetish you don't show off out in public? Never understood why people need to tell others when they don't plan on doing it out in the public view. Oh well, each to their own! Good luck if you do tell though

CrinklySiren

All my friends know about my ABDL lifestyle, i dont hide it from anyone because i dont like having to "fix" my little room every time someone who doesnt know comes over. Besides if they have a problem with me being something (despite not practicing it most of the time) then its not my problem. However, this isnt a fetish for me so I'm pretty sure that changes the whole situation. But i can understand wanting someone to talk openly about your fetishes, I like to believe its a normal human desire to express sexuality and be embraced for it.

Personally, if you ask me, I feel there is nothing quite like being able to talk openly with a friend about things that turn you on, every time that i can be open with a friend (be they vanilla or kinky) about fetishes and sexual desires, i feel so much closer to them especially since they drop the fear of openly talking about theirs. Talking about your fetishes is fun (at least for me it is, and for a small amount of my friends), we just have to learn to take it off a pedestal. In fact, i would dare say that for me its a bigger risk because when you say you have a fetish for something, people generally dismiss it because a sexual kink is a sexual kink, but when you have an emotional attachment to being a baby and wearing diapers as well as wanting a mommy or daddy, or if its a large part of your personality, then it tends to freak people out. So I say, if its just a fetish for you then i dont see an issue with wanting to discuss it openly with a friend, just dont be awkward or weird about it, or dont put it on a pedestal or hype it up in any way, because then its gonna be uncomfortable. BUT, if this is more than just a fetish for you, then I would suggest either A) choosing wisely, or B) Don't choose at all and just say fuck it. I chose route B but thats because I knew and accepted the consequences and possibilities of losing all my friends, i just grew tired of hiding because its not in my nature to hide or be secretive. I'm painfully extroverted -_- lol

Also, dont let "being a brony" be an indicator for any suspicions you might have about your friend(s), because i've learned over the years that ABDLs come from all walks of life... and there are SO many things that can be misread as "indicators" that someone is ABDL. Even sometimes the people who seem most obvious as ABDLs end up not even knowing what it is or even being one. By that logic, sometimes the people you would never expect end up being ABDLs.

As for the person who asked why would people need to know. That depends on where you land on the spectrum of being ABDL or being Little. To some its a fetish, to others it isnt, to others its a small yet significant representation of their personality and self expression, and being told or feeling like you have to suppress your personality or creativity or self expression is one of the most horribly feelings ever, so by that measure, a lot of us feel the need to tell others and be accepted so that we can freely and openly be ourselves without fear of judgement from the people we care about most.

It was hard to tell my friends and family that I was a Brony too. But after they saw how much of a positive impact the fandom had on me, they grew to accept it. A few of my friends actually watch the show regularly too after seeing how good it actually is. As far as my DL goes, only one soul I know knows and that is my best friend of 14 years. I told him in September a little while after I found this site and realized I wasn't alone. He openly accepted this part of me, like I knew that he would. He is a therapist too, so whenever I need to talk to him about it I can. It's really good to know that at least ONE person knows so you don't feel isolated. As far as my family, they don't need to know.

Absolutely no one know, neither family nor friends. Though I've had the desire to wear and use diapers since my pre teen years, I've just recently been able to actually indulge and enjoy myself. Although honestly, sometimes I feel as though I want people to know, just so I don't have this big secret holed up inside. I've caught myself at times dropping hints about my AB/DL side to my family, but so far no one has noticed.
    I actually keep my diapers hidden in plain site.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely no one know, neither family nor friends. Though I've had the desire to wear and use diapers since my pre teen years, I've just recently been able to actually indulge and enjoy myself. Although honestly, sometimes I feel as though I want people to know, just so I don't have this big secret holed up inside. I've caught myself at times dropping hints about my AB/DL side to my family, but so far no one has noticed.
    I actually keep my diapers hidden in plain site.