Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UKers - any update on Tena Slip going cloth?

Default UKers - any update on Tena Slip going cloth?

The last thread was closed due to inactivity ( http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...th-backed.html ) the last update was in October.

I see the Tena UK site still shows the plastic-backed model, but has anyone seen the new cloth-backed version in distribution yet? I'm asking because I'm thinking of stockpiling from Bambino (the main US importer) before demand starts to rise when plastic-backed will stop being available.

Obviously I could do it now, but I'd rather spend a few hundred dollars on Christmas gifts for myself for others

+1

Just ordered a case for myself. Any word on a petition to keep them plastic?

Well I went to the John Bell & Croydon Pharmacy in Central London last month and they still stocked the plastic sort. Saying that, I don't think nappies exactly fly off the shelf there.. Blushing buyer and all !

They have a long shelf life, so even if they do switch over, it'll probably be a little while until it filters down to the shop floor level. I've yet to encounter any from my local suppliers.

Just ordered some from Incontinence Choice, hope they are still plastic!

Incidentally I notice that Incontinence Choice now sell the Ultima. Are these cloth backed, like the ones airoliver/SAVE sell? I really didn't like them as much when I tried them

Just ordered some from Incontinence Choice, hope they are still plastic
    Let us know what arrives, I am about to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by babybobby View Post
    +1

Just ordered a case for myself. Any word on a petition to keep them plastic?
    A petition? Is a multi-national corporation really going to listen to what 'we' have to say about their product? Could you imagine the ensuing PR disaster that would follow if they changed their products to meet the needs of people who use their products for pleasure, not purpose?

Is it just me or do all the diapers that go cloth just become rubbish?

Why are they all moving to cloth backings is it a cost thing?