Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought this was well said.

InnocenceAlone

Default I thought this was well said.

One of my friends wrote this and I agree with her.

<big>I NEED TO FRICKEN VENT. D:<<<<</big>

Okay.

Not naming any names.

But guys,

GET SOME BALLS.

Girls,

GET SOME BOOBS.

SERIOUSLY.

It annoys the CRAP out of me how everyone is so "I'm soo alloonneee." "Noone loves me..", "My life is over.."

WHAT EVER.

No, I know some of your lives suck major, but it annoys me how you can't just look at the fricken bright side.

"There is no bright side.."

YES THERE IS, YOU'RE JUST TOO FRICKEN LAZY TO LOOK.

Be grateful for whatever the hell you have.
    Maybe all you have is a box.
    Be happy you have a box.
    Be happy you have parents.
    Be happy you have a roof .. or a box over your head.
    Be happy you have clean water.
    Be happy you have school, even if you hate it.

Look at children in Africa.
    Seriously.
    They drink out of polluted rivers, where antelopes, rhinos, hippos etc, CRAP in them.
    They have to drink that.
    They HAVE no school.
    Many of their parents died, being shot by their own kind.
    And 12.. 13.. 14 year olds have to take care of 3+ children, having barely enough food for each.
    The 13 year old "parents" go without food so the others can eat.
    They can't read .. or write.

You think they are getting help, they ARENT.
    They are getting shit.

You think you have it hard?
    Look at them.

Be happy you can read, write, go to school, be cared for, have a roof over your head, have clean enough water. ETC ETC ETC.

How are you reading this?
    Internet.
    Computers.

They don't have those over there.
    No electricity.
    No running water.

THEY are in hell.
    "America" is heaven to them.
    But we do SHIT for them!

All we do over here, is buy, buy, angst, angst "I don't have anyone to talk to..."
    , cry, whine, ETC!?!

They sleep ON THE GROUND.
    Where poisonous snakes, spiders, and scorpions could kill them while they are asleep, and noone can help them.

No, not like, on the floor of your house ground.
    The ground outside.

You say you can't go to an Innerpartysystem.. Three Days Grace.. Jonas Brothers, WHATEVER concert.
    You say "ITS NOT FAAIIIRRR!!!"

Innocent seals are clubbed.
    Children are raped.
    People starve to death.
    People in China, and Japan, step on kittens.

Life isn't fair, sweetie.
    Stop being spoiled.

Be pissed at me, whatever.
    The truth hurts.

~~
    She was upset about someone I guess so she vented. What do you think about what she said?

Wow, nice rant if I do say so myself. While I do agree with the content, I think this might have better been a blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Really? People in Japan step on kittens?
    i think it's referring to some shock video of an asian woman who crushes a kitten by stepping on it w/ high heels. she was arrested for animal cruelty i believe.

I don't blame people for eating cat's even though I am a American but really, why step on them. <_>

It just seams like it would be going out of your way. Also kittens are like the cutest things evar. :P That alone is enough to not only get peopel to stop stepping on them but to actually pick them up and say they are cute for 6 months until they become a complacent roommate.

Ok, this makes a lot of sense...But...

If you compare an American's quality of life to a Third World Countrian's quality of life, Of course you're going to be way better off. We all take things for granted, like having a roof over our heads, and food in our tummies.

But if you compare yourself to other American's lives, that's where you get upset. Some people have everything. Nice looks, Nice rides, Hot partners, etc...

I know that I am very fortunate to be where I am in the World. I'm even more fortunate than most people, because I was an Orphan as a child, and I was lucky enough to be adopted into a very loving and caring family.

But sometimes, that's not enough for me. I still want things in life that make me happy, sometimes food and shelter isn't enough. Sure it keeps my hunger down, and protects me from the harsh weather in New England, but people also need a reason to live, not just the fuel to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    But sometimes, that's not enough for me. I still want things in life that make me happy, sometimes food and shelter isn't enough. Sure it keeps my hunger down, and protects me from the harsh weather in New England, but people also need a reason to live, not just the fuel to stay alive.
    I never heard of a Xbox 360 being a reason to live. <_>

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I don't blame people for eating cat's even though I am a American but really, why step on them. <_>

It just seams like it would be going out of your way. Also kittens are like the cutest things evar. :P That alone is enough to not only get peopel to stop stepping on them but to actually pick them up and say they are cute for 6 months until they become a complacent roommate.
    I likes you now:3

I never heard of a Xbox 360 being a reason to live. <_>
    You have unlocked the having life achievement!

Don't knock seal-clubbing. It's awesome.

What I think about the woman's rant that you posted, Innocence, is that -- while it's a nice sentiment from level-headed people to those with their heads shoved up into the ass-ends of the clouds -- it seems rather ineffective. It's almost too generalized and attacks anyone who reads it while it lacks the ability to focus in on those who need to and specifically get their attention. It doesn't garner the support within from those who already don't think like that. Instead, it just assumes that everybody doesn't know how harsh life can be, and that they all need their tits jogged in with a few punches from Reality.

It's something I'd read, scratch my head, and think, "Good attempt, poor execution, try again next time."

What it feels like is a 16-year-old girl trying to tell me how I should or shouldn't think, as if she has any room to do so. Is she 16? Is she older or younger? I might not know, but that's what the writing tells me, and someone expecting to persuade people to think needs to embody a wise, almost timeless tone with their work to expect that people old and young or happy or crotchety or whatever-the-fuck will realize that there's something in there to listen to.