Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: I want to substitute my disposables for cloth diapers but...

  1. #1

    Default I want to substitute my disposables for cloth diapers but...

    Hello to you all, my beloved diapered community. I seem to have a bit of a problem and could really go for some advice. I live in a set of condominiums that used to be apartments and so I have neighbors below me, and to the side. Up until a few months ago I had the freedom to wear my diapers comfortably in my room without worries of disturbing anyone because there was no one living below me. I must admit I felt very lucky and I had my fun on the weekends when my roommate would leave for the weekend.

    Well that all changed when I got new neighbors a few months ago, I knew I knew I couldn't just wear them whenever, the walls here are THIN, I can hear people cough through the walls and talking sometimes. As many of you will know and from all the posts on here, holding back diaper desires doesn't work forever.

    There was a time where I turned very selfish and smoked weed out on my balcony and would stink up the place outside (There's kids all around here). I would sometimes drink in my house and the urges would get the best of me and with "liquid courage" I would start wearing my diapers all around the house. As you might expect, I totally put myself way out and now all my neighbors now know about that "weird guy" who's into diapers. Yes it did cause some problems to my confidence and self respect at first, but I moved on and decided I deserved the shame for shoving my tastes onto unwilling people.

    Im not a bad person, I came out of the Army with some baggage and some of the things Ive done are a reflection of what i did to "fix" myself after the brainwashing. Some where self destructive, such as my smoking and excessive drinking. Me being a DL is from way back, so not the army's fault. But anyhow, Im now in the process of improving myself and I started by not smoking at all, I'm a few months smoke free and I want to look into going back to school and finally getting a job.

    Drug and alcohol abuse aside. Im a DL and I can love and accept myself for it, it matches my big Kid mentality just perfectly. I wish I could still wear my bambino Teddy's here at home but its now out of the question, my neighbors deserve some respect and I'm gonna give it to them by respecting their privacy.

    I can't fight the urges and I'm sure as heck not gonna suppress them, and here's where I get to my actual question. I wanna get into cloth diapers that are cute, but i cant seem to like those pre-fold diapers, I'm looking for something that has that disposable "hourglass" shape. I have seen some cloth diapers on e-bay and such and they're cute as a button. I wanted some advice on which are well made and fit well. I'm a bit chunky and starting to lose some weight but because of my genes Im gonna have a booty that comes with some meaty thighs.

    I apologize if this post is too long, I wanted to come out from the shadows and share with you all a bit about myself and also ask for some advice. I fear my story may make me sound more negative than I actually am, all I ask is that you get to know me a little better before making an all out judgment about the kind of person I am. I have a background of self loathing and its in part because of this site that I am looking forward to humanizing myself.

    I thank you all for the positive environment here on Adisc and look forward to those diaper recommendations. Waddle on with a smile on your face and your chin up

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sulqy117 View Post
    Hello to you all, my beloved diapered community. I seem to have a bit of a problem and could really go for some advice. I live in a set of condominiums that used to be apartments and so I have neighbors below me, and to the side. Up until a few months ago I had the freedom to wear my diapers comfortably in my room without worries of disturbing anyone because there was no one living below me. I must admit I felt very lucky and I had my fun on the weekends when my roommate would leave for the weekend.

    Well that all changed when I got new neighbors a few months ago, I knew I knew I couldn't just wear them whenever, the walls here are THIN, I can hear people cough through the walls and talking sometimes. As many of you will know and from all the posts on here, holding back diaper desires doesn't work forever.

    There was a time where I turned very selfish and smoked weed out on my balcony and would stink up the place outside (There's kids all around here). I would sometimes drink in my house and the urges would get the best of me and with "liquid courage" I would start wearing my diapers all around the house. As you might expect, I totally put myself way out and now all my neighbors now know about that "weird guy" who's into diapers. Yes it did cause some problems to my confidence and self respect at first, but I moved on and decided I deserved the shame for shoving my tastes onto unwilling people.

    Im not a bad person, I came out of the Army with some baggage and some of the things Ive done are a reflection of what i did to "fix" myself after the brainwashing. Some where self destructive, such as my smoking and excessive drinking. Me being a DL is from way back, so not the army's fault. But anyhow, Im now in the process of improving myself and I started by not smoking at all, I'm a few months smoke free and I want to look into going back to school and finally getting a job.

    Drug and alcohol abuse aside. Im a DL and I can love and accept myself for it, it matches my big Kid mentality just perfectly. I wish I could still wear my bambino Teddy's here at home but its now out of the question, my neighbors deserve some respect and I'm gonna give it to them by respecting their privacy.

    I can't fight the urges and I'm sure as heck not gonna suppress them, and here's where I get to my actual question. I wanna get into cloth diapers that are cute, but i cant seem to like those pre-fold diapers, I'm looking for something that has that disposable "hourglass" shape. I have seen some cloth diapers on e-bay and such and they're cute as a button. I wanted some advice on which are well made and fit well. I'm a bit chunky and starting to lose some weight but because of my genes Im gonna have a booty that comes with some meaty thighs.

    I apologize if this post is too long, I wanted to come out from the shadows and share with you all a bit about myself and also ask for some advice. I fear my story may make me sound more negative than I actually am, all I ask is that you get to know me a little better before making an all out judgment about the kind of person I am. I have a background of self loathing and its in part because of this site that I am looking forward to humanizing myself.

    I thank you all for the positive environment here on Adisc and look forward to those diaper recommendations. Waddle on with a smile on your face and your chin up
    Here's a site for you all in one adult baby cloth diapers I've worn these AIO's now for a year and they are excellent. They are top quality and well made.

  3. #3

    Default

    alright how does wearing diapers interfere with the lives of your neighbors? if you leak all over the place you just need a mattress protector and/or plastic pants and that will fix that issue. if you have trouble keeping the smell under control then use air freshener and do NOT mess in diapers and drink more water so when you wet them the smell is not bad. then make sure to prevent anyone from coming into your place where you are alone in your bedroom or whatever private area you have a right to have(you do have your own private bedroom at least correct?). also does your AB/DLism actually make so much noise that it violates the nuisance laws you have in your area you make in your own bedroom? if it does I would just quiet things down but only in a REASONABLE way. if someone actually complains about just HEARING the slight crinkle of your diapers through the walls tell them to know their place and outright ignore their attitude problem IN A TO THE POINT NON VIOLENT WAY to their face. if they call the cops because they CLAIMED that you have disturbed the peace tell the cops IN A CALM AND RELAXED NON CONFRONTATIONAL TONE that they are complaining about a ANY noise you could have made and that you still have a right to free NORMAL decibel level conversational speech as well as the right to just clean up your private room making less then 50 decibels of sound doing so and have the cop go to the person CAUSING the trouble to stop wasting the cops time. as for your smoking yes by all means do whatever you have to in order to quit and continue to do whatever it takes to stop drinking because you obviously have seen some horrible things I suspect and I would also recommend you go to a therapist as well as sign up for help at the local VA. they would at least be able to direct you to other services you could use. the ONLY reason why I could think of for you to want to use cloth diapers instead of disposable is because they do in fact save money and help the environment as well actually. just DO NOT buy them to mollify or otherwise placate your neighbors.

  4. #4

    Default

    Like I said the walls and the floor are very thin, the sound is mostly louder for the people downstairs. I have my own room yes. Ive actually heard them remark on what I'm doing, like when i take my diapers off or re-adjust the tapes. You would have to check this place out to see what I mean about the way sound carries.

    I am choosing to be a respectful person and they're a family of 5 with a teenager and the younger 2 are probably under 10 years, i just feel like they don't need to have my habits thrown in their face you know? And besides why would I want to cause animosity with my neighbors over diapers lol

    Thank you for your concern and it is exactly because of the VA that I'm getting help.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Here's a site for you all in one adult baby cloth diapers I've worn these AIO's now for a year and they are excellent. They are top quality and well made.
    Oh those are good,thanks for the link. Could you tell me about the fit, particularly about how they go around the thighs, mine are pretty big and would hate to see these diapers not fit right.

  5. #5

    Default

    I doubt that they would put two and two together, hearing the tapes of a diaper and knowing that it's a disposable diaper. What you do in your room is your business and not theirs. It's not like wearing a diaper out in public, or on your balcony. I wouldn't worry about it.

  6. #6

    Default

    Before you order cloth diapers, think about where you do your laundry. If you do laundry in a laundry room you share with neighbors, there's a risk that they will see you taking diapers out of the laundry.

    I wouldn't worry so much about your neighbors hearing your diaper tapes. If they know what you're doing, the cat is already out of the bag, and there's not much harm in continuing. If they haven't figured it out (either because they haven't heard or because they don't know what the noises are), they're not likely to figure out it. There are a lot of other things you could be doing that would be a lot more awkward for them, like having noisy sex or spanking scenes. Diaper tapes are pretty tame by comparison.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sulqy117 View Post
    Could you tell me about the fit, particularly about how they go around the thighs, mine are pretty big and would hate to see these diapers not fit right.
    If you have large thighs, be careful ordering plastic pants. Look at both your hip size and your waist size when you order, and don't be ashamed of buying a very large size. I wear size M or size L clothing, but the plastic pants I wear (the PEVA pants from Baby Pants) are size 2XL. Anything smaller hurts the skin on my legs.

  7. #7

    Default

    I often worry (when I'm living in a place with roommates) about the velcro sounds. I try to do re-taping under a blanket to dampen the sound. But honestly, it probably is very unlikely that someone would figure out that's it diapers; lots of things have velcro. I do understand your concern though, and I still worry about it too haha

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by buridan View Post
    Before you order cloth diapers, think about where you do your laundry. If you do laundry in a laundry room you share with neighbors, there's a risk that they will see you taking diapers out of the laundry.

    I wouldn't worry so much about your neighbors hearing your diaper tapes. If they know what you're doing, the cat is already out of the bag, and there's not much harm in continuing. If they haven't figured it out (either because they haven't heard or because they don't know what the noises are), they're not likely to figure out it. There are a lot of other things you could be doing that would be a lot more awkward for them, like having noisy sex or spanking scenes. Diaper tapes are pretty tame by comparison.



    If you have large thighs, be careful ordering plastic pants. Look at both your hip size and your waist size when you order, and don't be ashamed of buying a very large size. I wear size M or size L clothing, but the plastic pants I wear (the PEVA pants from Baby Pants) are size 2XL. Anything smaller hurts the skin on my legs.

    I didn't mean to make my post all about my relationship with my neighbors hang so much on my question. The fact is they DO know and its not something thats all in my head.

    Thanks for that input on the plastic pants buridan, ill be buying bigger sizes first to find my size. Would any one know of another site or place where i can find diapers shaped like disposables that are cute and hug like disposables. Oleman72 gave me a site that looks great, i will be buying one of those soon. Any other sites would be appreciated.

    doing laundry is not a problem for me, i have my own private washer here. I want to use cloth diapers because theres no crinkle and therefore no worries for me at all. I have one question for you buridan, what materials have you tried for cloth diapers? Which cloth diapers are your favorites and which ones to avoid?

    Also thank you for your input dogboy.

  9. #9

    Default

    I alternate between disposables at night and cloth, sometimes both if I know I am in for a wetter night then normal. I like Cloth Diapers, Adult Cloth Diapers, Baby Cloth Diapers - Babykins & Kins Products All in ones the best, and Gabbys are also good Adult Products : Gabby's I am in Canada, and both were great to deal with. As far as the neighbors go, if the blinds are pulled, I would not worry about what you are doing in your own home, it is none of their concern, but totally understand if you want to ease off and try and keep everyone happy! Hope you find a solution that works for you and your piece of mind! :-)

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sulqy117 View Post
    Like I said the walls and the floor are very thin, the sound is mostly louder for the people downstairs. I have my own room yes. Ive actually heard them remark on what I'm doing, like when i take my diapers off or re-adjust the tapes. You would have to check this place out to see what I mean about the way sound carries.

    I am choosing to be a respectful person and they're a family of 5 with a teenager and the younger 2 are probably under 10 years, i just feel like they don't need to have my habits thrown in their face you know? And besides why would I want to cause animosity with my neighbors over diapers lol

    Thank you for your concern and it is exactly because of the VA that I'm getting help.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh those are good,thanks for the link. Could you tell me about the fit, particularly about how they go around the thighs, mine are pretty big and would hate to see these diapers not fit right.
    alright let me tell you this right now if they make comments to you about how your AB/DLism somehow ENTITLES them to tell you what to do in the privacy of your own room as if they where your parents? tell them to know their place and get used to it or move out. you are doing nothing wrong but getting YOUR therapy session's done (possibly?) and by doing so probably reducing the cost of keeping you functioning in terms of taxpayer dollars by simply inventing your own form of in home therapy which at worst does no harm to you as a person and at best keeps you functioning in a healthy manner. if they have a problem with this(possible?) FACT yell at them the next time you hear ANYTHING from them through the floor and tell them when they talk back to you "oh i get it, it's ALRIGHT for you to do the SAME thing to ME when you DELIBERATELY disturb me but when it happens to YOU it's different right?" you see the hypocrisy of their statements now? you are NOT choosing to be disrespectful to them by simply doing this where no one can see it, you are choosing to placate or mollify THEIR disrespectfulness to you a former member of the military and you not only have a RIGHT to stand up for yourself but you may have a RESPONSIBILITY to do so as well. THEY are the ones causing the animosity not you in all honesty just ignore their attitude chances are they will move away and leave you in peace after they realize they can't justify their actions. and if they call the cops on you just tell the police that they are being rude to you for ANY noise you make which includes you taking a shower or cleaning the house and have the cop tell THEM to stop calling them in for you practically LIVING in your own home. you see if they pull that stunt with you chances are the cop will not care about your "therapy" and in fact will probably chew out the family that WASTED his time in the first place and threaten to report that particular violation of the law and possibly get the neighbors charged for false flag issues. just REMEMBER to do all this in a NON CONFRONTATIONAL manner if a cop really does show up and you should be fine.

    keep in mind though that IF your doing this just to save money or for environmental concerns then using cloth diapers instead of disposables is perfectly rationale and even recommended. just make sure THAT is the reason WHY your buying cloth diapers instead of disposables though instead of just placating or mollifying someone's backward mindedness and in fact I would suggest doing both calling out their hypocrisy AND buying cloth just so they do NOT look for new ways to harass you about getting your relaxation done. keep in mind their attitude problem is not going away just because you bought cloth and in all honesty they have no business what to tell you what their doing in the privacy of your own room that you pay for in the first place. last I checked your 27 years old and they are not your parents and seeing how it is your a human being then you should be respected as such.

Similar Threads

  1. Substitute for diapers?
    By NaughtyPants in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-May-2013, 19:16
  2. What are the best cloth backed disposables?
    By MarchThackery in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-Feb-2012, 16:58
  3. Hate Cloth-like Disposables?
    By CryBabyBoo in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 20-Oct-2010, 04:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.