Thread: Have I found the right place?

Default Have I found the right place?

I hope I have.

I'm a repressed TG / Sissy LG.

I first realised I ought to be a girl over 40 years ago, but when I said something to my mum I was told "not to be so silly" ... and I never dared mention it again.

I grew up wishing I could have been a girl ... but pushing this idea to the back of my mind for the sake of conformity. I don't know why I bothered, however. Everyone knew I was "different" ... and I was bullied mercilessly because of my differences.

I'm married now (approaching my silver wedding, in fact) and outwardly have the appearance of a boring, respectable, middle aged man.

But inwardly ... well, inwardly, I'm still the little 6 year old girl that I so desperately wanted to be when my mum told me not to be so silly.

Welcome to the community!

And you are most definitely welcome here on ADISC. We are a support community, and we strive to support anyone and everyone when they have any issues they are trying to deal with (nobody should ever have to struggle through it alone).

So, look around, join in on a few threads, and see if you can find whatever you're looking for. We are more than happy to help.

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAbi View Post
    I hope I have.

I'm a repressed TG / Sissy LG.

I first realised I ought to be a girl over 40 years ago, but when I said something to my mum I was told "not to be so silly" ... and I never dared mention it again.

I grew up wishing I could have been a girl ... but pushing this idea to the back of my mind for the sake of conformity. I don't know why I bothered, however. Everyone knew I was "different" ... and I was bullied mercilessly because of my differences.

I'm married now (approaching my silver wedding, in fact) and outwardly have the appearance of a boring, respectable, middle aged man.

But inwardly ... well, inwardly, I'm still the little 6 year old girl that I so desperately wanted to be when my mum told me not to be so silly.
    Hello and welcome!

We are a support community, and we strive to support anyone and everyone when they have any issues they are trying to deal with (nobody should ever have to struggle through it alone).
    -Ronbeast described the most basic and essential part of the community here.

As he said we are all here to help, and if you want to have fun too.

I think you'll find that we are accepting and always open to conversation.

Anything you do for fun, like hobbies maybe even some games maybe board or otherwise?
    You said you are a LG any dolls, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAbi View Post
    I've got several teddy bears, including one GREAT BIG one
    Hmmm I have about half a dozen raccoons (Meeko chitters ) and some miscellaneous beavers, an armadillo, a plush heart.

Hi and welcome. I have a big teddy bear that I sleep with, along with a plushie dog and moose. It's who we are!

Welcome to the age of enlightenment, Littleabi. You are among others now who understand that outward appearances don't tell a complete story

Don't get strung out
    By the way I look
    Don't judge a book by its cover
    - Frankenfurter, Rocky Horror Picture show

I am happy that at last, and after many years lost in the wilderness, I am here now. Live and online I know all sorts of people, to varying degrees of closeness, and they come in all variations of identity: gender, species, sexuality... I also didn't quite "fit in" though I am perfectly happy with my gender and who I like to sleep with. But be that as it may, there are lots of ways I have found to be different, and in the world I have shaped to my liking, of late, and with prices paid and pipers enriched, I am happy here. I too am of a certain age, and songs like When You're Strange still speak to me. You are who you are, and however long it took to arrive, you are here now, and I bid you welcome. We can go all the way back to the 70's to find more songs that speak to us... From Grease we can hear