Thread: Question concerning diaper wearing

Default Question concerning diaper wearing

Hello,

First of all I just want to say 'hi' because I'm a new member.

Secondly I have a little question: I often get urges to wear diapers as I really enjoy doing so and they make me feel really comfortable and calm. The problem is that after a few days I often regret it. Back when I lived with my parents this was because I was afraid of them finding out and would be ashamed of me. But now I'm in college and have my own room ergo: more freedom, so I want to try it again but I'm afraid I'd get a backlash again in which I want to throw away my nappies. I think I mostly get these backlashes because I don't feel completely comfortable with it yet, perhaps don't completely accept it yet. So I wonder if you guys have any hints as to how I can prevent this backlash and learn to accept this side of me.

Hello and welcome to ADISC!

Sounds like a classic example of the binge/purge cycle. I had my last purge at 19 and went through a sort of revelation after that, and accepted myself. Just remember that you have your own room now, more freedom and more time to discover yourself a bit more. These are fertile grounds to accept yourself as a DL.

When I was in a binge session 3 years ago, I had written on a piece of paper inside my diaper stash:

"Note to self: If you are thinking of throwing away all of your nappies again- DONT! You will always have these desires and you should be proud of who you are."

When I felt like purging a couple months later, I read what I had written on that piece of paper and managed to snap out of it. Hope this helps.

I can't say just what it was that finally made it click for me that although liking diapers was weird, it was ultimately okay. You can look at it rationally and objectively to see that it's not intrinsically harmful or really any stranger than other deviant urges that are considered far more socially acceptable (BDSM, anyone?). Like so many things, it's what we do with it that determines whether it's beneficial or harmful. By itself, it's just neutral.

You've probably considered something like this already. While the rational plays a part, I'm guessing that it's the more emotional aspects that are weighing on you more heavily, particularly after the DL version of the morning after. Have some compassion for yourself. Think of how you'd respond to a good friend who had some a secret that was deep and dark to them but really not so bad. You're just another human and you get to choose what works for you when it's not hurting others.

Practically, maybe start out with smaller purchases until you feel like you're comfortable enough to hang onto things. When you have that urge to throw things away, put it aside for a little while, knowing that you can always throw things away the next day or the next. Having some comfort and acceptance for yourself is so much better than the alternative and I think you'll find it's worth some work. Good luck!

Yes, it's mostly emotional. It's sometimes hard to think outside of societal norms so eventhough /rationally/ I shouldn't feel guilty - after all, I'm not doing anything which hurts me or someone else, and I enjoy myself while doing it - I still do because I start worrying about what other people would think about me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    "Note to self: If you are thinking of throwing away all of your nappies again- DONT! You will always have these desires and you should be proud of who you are."
    I think I might try something similar :p. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AarX1995 View Post
    Yes, it's mostly emotional. It's sometimes hard to think outside of societal norms so eventhough /rationally/ I shouldn't feel guilty - after all, I'm not doing anything which hurts me or someone else, and I enjoy myself while doing it - I still do because I start worrying about what other people would think about me.
    Sadly, we live in a very judgemental world. Saying 'I snort 10 lines of cocaine a day' would attract less attention then saying 'I like to wear diapers'. Remember not to worry about what other people think, life is too short to think like that.

Get the baby powder out, slip on a fresh diaper and relax. Enjoy the exclusive benefits of being a DL. In my opinion, I think we are lucky to be DL's, its a massive part of my life and I simply couldn't imagine myself without wearing diapers. They make me so happy.

eeeeee i love my diapys!!

But does anyone have tips on how to accept it more easily? Like, how did you guys manage it?

Personally I really don't want to get a 'purge' again. Diapers are somewhat therapeutical, like a hot bath or something, make me completely relaxed. I'd hate to feel bad about it again.

Pretty simple, just don't feel bad about it. Look at it this way, who are you hurting wearing them? No one, you enjoy it, therefore, I figure life is too short to not enjoy what you do, especially if it harms no one else. Just accept it, there are TENS of thousands out there like yourself, everyone has something they do in life they question the morality or behavior of, but don't come down on yourself so hard, just "go with the flow!" Or like Huggies slogan says, ENJOY the ride! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AarX1995 View Post
    But does anyone have tips on how to accept it more easily? Like, how did you guys manage it?

Personally I really don't want to get a 'purge' again. Diapers are somewhat therapeutical, like a hot bath or something, make me completely relaxed. I'd hate to feel bad about it again.
    What happened with me was that I realized that, assuming wearing was infrequent, the cycle would go something like this:
    1) "I kind of want to wear a diaper, but I won't"
    2) "I really want to wear a diaper, but I won't"
    3) "I feel like I absolutely have to wear a diaper" (at this stage I would basically lose some of my capacity for rational thought. I sometimes wonder if it's the same phenomenon that allows people to date someone who's a complete jerk and not notice until months and months into the relationship.)
    4) actually wearing a diaper (or even several diapers over a few days
    5) "I don't really feel like wearing anymore"

Basically I didn't wear until I was in the semi-crazed state 3. After that wore off, I'd look back on it and be like "yeah, I wasn't in my right mind then (which is a 100% accurate statement), how could I possibly have done that", which would cause me to feel regret. I dealt with it by forcing myself to wear even after I didn't feel a burning need to do so anymore. After a few instances of doing that, I sort of showed myself that I could enjoy them even when in a "rational" state where I was clearly in full control of my actions.

There's still a tiny bit of a purge cycle now (though granted I didn't have that much of one to start with really), but it only lasts for a few minutes. I handle it by looking at the bright side and taking it as an indication that I still have a sense of what society considers acceptable or not (even if those norms are routinely broken in private, which there should be no reason to feel bad about doing).

Saying 'I snort 10 lines of cocaine a day' would attract less attention then saying 'I like to wear diapers'. Remember not to worry about what other people think, life is too short to think like that.
    This. It is much too short. Be easy on yourself. Running from it or letting it fester is much worse. Don't get me wrong, acceptance is hard to do. But even part-time acceptance is better than beating yourself up for it.

Sadly, we live in a very judgemental world. Saying 'I snort 10 lines of cocaine a day' would attract less attention then saying 'I like to wear diapers'. Remember not to worry about what other people think, life is too short to think like that.
    Though to be fair, if someone told me they snorted 10 lines of coke a day I'd mentally place them into the "just another crack addict" category and not give it a second thought. Or if they were to tell me they were into bondage, it just goes into the "person who likes handcuffs" bucket and I don't care. If someone were to tell me they had this thing about being slapped in the face with wet fish, it'd pique my curiosity because I don't have a mental category for "just another person who likes to be slapped in the face with wet fish". I don't think that most of the general public has a mental category for people who like diapers, so it ends up being a "weird" ("new") thing for them that they don't know how to deal with. That then leads to unpredictable actions on their part.