Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever shoplifted diapers?

Default Have you ever shoplifted diapers?

Just for the record- This thread is not advocating the shoplifting of diapers, or anything else in any form.

When I was in a very early teens (approx age 12-14), I routinely shoplifted diapers. I would walk into a supermarket or large pharmacy, and when no one was in the diaper aisle/section, I would rip a hole in the back of the diaper package and grab a handful of baby diapers and stuff them under my shirt. At that age I could very easily fit into baby diapers as I was extremely skinny.

I am 22 now and I wouldn't even dream of shoplifting anything, although I do look back at my those days and wonder what was going through my mind. After a long time pondering, I came up with the following conclusions..

Teenagers are not rich (especially younger teenagers), and diapers are expensive. I was at an age where my hormones were kicking in and my interest in diapers had skyrocketed.

I had been caught with diapers at the age of 12 by my parents and both of them disapproved big time, so I was pretty much banned from buying diapers with my meagre pocket money.

Given these factors, I was willing to do anything possible to get hold of diapers, I shoplifted diapers nearly every weekend, and amazingly never got caught. But can you imagine if you would have been caught stealing diapers at that age?

In my mind, I had to get hold of diapers and it was an addiction. Now I have my own job, place to live..etc.. buying and wearing diapers is not an issue anymore. But those teenage years were dark times.

Have you ever shoplifted diapers as a kid? What lengths have you gone through to get hold of diapers, and how did you cope with being a teenager and your DLism?

DLMax

I have never shoplifted diapers, however often when I was at the store with my mom when I was younger I would kind of stare at the diapers and look around to see if I had a chance to grab a few. I never actually went through with it though.

Smile

No way! I'm not judging or anything, but the idea of being caught stealing mortifies me... and the idea of being caught with diapers in public mortifies me... So being caught stealing diapers is such a doubly-terrifyingly embarrassing prospect that the thought never really occurred to me!

But it's pretty well-understood that the hormones and brain structure of your average teenager makes them pretty impulsive compared to middle-aged people!

I only sort-of shoplifted a packet of sweets once (many years ago) when I was in the queue at a newsagent's waiting to pay, and saw my bus arrive! Without thinking, I raced out of the shop, got on the bus just as it was about to pull away, and only then noticed the unpaid-for sweets still in my hand! I felt so guilty, I went back that afternoon and explained to the somewhat bemused shopkeeper that I owed him 25p!

medicNS

Sadly I have... I remember it like it was yesterday but it was almost 15 years ago or more. My very first one was from Wal-Mart and it was a vintage Attends. I did this repeatedly for some time and god what was I thinking?! At some point in time I even started taking them and going to the bathroom of a different store where I would put it on and this is where I had my first experience messing in a diaper. I would take it off, clean up and just leave it there in the trash can before calling my parents to come pick me up. They initially dropped me off to hang out with friends at the arcade...ofcourse this was a lie lol

Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    When I was in a very early teens (approx age 12-14), I routinely shoplifted diapers. I would walk into a supermarket or large pharmacy, and when no one was in the diaper aisle/section, I would rip a hole in the back of the diaper package and grab a handful of baby diapers and stuff them under my shirt. At that age I could very easily fit into baby diapers as I was extremely skinny.

Have you ever shoplifted diapers as a kid? What lengths have you gone through to get hold of diapers, and how did you cope with being a teenager and your DLism?
    Yes, I have. It was about the same age for me as you described. I couldn't walk to a store or anything on my own. I would have to wait until my parents needed to go, and I'd go along as well. I'd try to make my way into the baby area / isle, and I'd take some. I didn't have any money, and couldn't get them any other way. My hormones would just urge me to do it.

I always felt bad about taking them, and I would never be able to do something like that again. I stole baby diapers a few times, and then some pull-ups. When Goodnites first came out, they were MUCH larger than they are today. I still have some of the old packages from when they first came out, that I was able to get a few years later. I found them at some discount store. But I remember taking Goodnites and being amazed at how big they were, and that they actually fit me.

It was hard to be a teenager and dealing with DLism. I didn't know anyone else that did this kind of stuff, and I was scared to death that I was going to get caught by my family with hidden diapers in the house. I don't think it was until I was an older teen, that I first did some searches online and started to find this community, and learned that there were others out there like myself.

It was always embarrassing for me to buy diapers. Even if I was getting Goodnites as an older teen, I just knew that they were thinking that the diapers were for me. I couldn't bear to think what would happen if someone that I knew actually saw me buying them, and so I'd drive about 2 hours away from home, just so I wouldn't know anyone in the store, and they wouldn't know me.

I will admit when i was 8 i did. Got caught punished and was made to wear nothing but a diaper by the front door. Needless to say i never shop lifted again.

skyfoxpup

i never did with my luck my parents would have made me wear them

god no! I have never shoplifted anything, ever.
    Its basically guaranteed that you'd get caught. stores all have those blacked out cameras nowadays.

I never stole any from a store but did nick a few from a daycare center in a building I cared for. Those few hooked me on baby disposables and later adult ones in addition to my cloth love. I felt bad about it and took extra good care of their unit and systems. Now, 25 years later, I see opened packages at Goodwill and the groceries store and know there are desperate DLs around.