Thread: Soooo... Tena Slip Plus?

Default Soooo... Tena Slip Plus?

I just bought them, and I have to admit it's the first 'real' diaper I wear since I was a toddler (Drynites don't count) and I don't like them much...
    First, diapers aren't as fit to me as pull ups because I live with my mom. If I put a pull up on and she gets home I can take it off and wear it later, but with a diaper I can't use it anymore even though I've not used them (though diapers are much more absorbent)
    Second, I think the straps in the Tena Slip Plus are weak, they lose strength...
    Third, I don't know if this is supposed to happen but after I wet, the diaper feels moist, and I see people saying that good diapers absorb the moisture and keep dry even after usage...
    Forth, I can't seem to adjust the damn thing correctly, like I put it on and try to tighten it as much as I can, but it gets a little looser after some hours (and wettings, maybe because it gets heavier, it decays)... Thoughts?
    Last edited by SomethingNotTooDark; 30-Nov-2013 at 12:25.

I've had a lot of experience with Tena Slips, and I never thought the tapes were weak. They always seemed to fit fairly well.

I think the active life of any adult disposable is probably four hours. That's not to say you cannot wear one longer than that, but after that point (and several of what the disposable diaper industry likes to call "insults") everything begins to stretch and sag.

I can't comment on the "wet" feeling; I've never really noticed it. I do think, however, that expecting something to "feel dry" after you've effectively poured a half-gallon of liquid into it is rather an unrealistic expectation.

Yes, I agree, but for example staying all night, it just felt weird... Maybe I'm not used to it... As to the wetness, maybe it's because drynites don't take a lot but I never noticed it while wearing them...

the TenaSlip Plus are the least absorbant in the range; best to get the Maxi for a better comparison with Drynites, although, comparing adult diapers with baby/child diapers doesn't really work.

adult diapers are operating at the limits of the materials' ability, in terms of their strength, rigidity and stickiness (for tapes) and 'beefing them up' would be cost-prohibitive to the consumer.
    better comparables are the more rigid and stronger pads with a 'cloth-like' outer, as the outer material gives greater rigidity and strength to the garment, but these pads are still operating at the limits of the ability of the SAP to retain moisture.

It'll take some getting used to for you to figure out how best to fit into a particular brand of diaper, how much it holds before it gets uncomfortable, etc. Some just aren't meant to take more than a full wetting, and some can't even cope with that very well. I've had diapers where I wet once and if I sit down I can feel it all pressing out of the padding. A good diaper, for most ABDL purposes, will absorb at least a full bladder's worth of pee without leaking, pooling up, or getting uncomfortable. You're never going to be dry to the touch once you wet, mind you, but your skin shouldn't feel soaked either. Also, a well-fitting diaper shouldn't let air in around the legs, and that draft is often what makes you feel damp and cold.

As far as wearing around your mother, it is possible to slip a diaper off and put it back on again later. It isn't quite as easy as with a pullup, but a lot of people prefer the feeling of a tape-on because that's what they were put in as kids. Some advice: cloth-backed diaper with velcro closures can be taken off and put back on way more times than plastic-backed diapers with tapes. Some diapers have double tapes, you can adjust then at least once without ripping into the backing. I've found it very effective to put a strip of clear packing tape over the front of a plastic diaper, as it keeps the backing from tearing when you pull off the tapes. That will really increase the lifespan of a diaper.

Also, it's been my general observation that baby diapers tend to hold up better than adult diapers, so a good strategy if you're just interested in the longevity of your diapers is to buy a pack of baby diapers along with the adult diaper and to put a baby diaper inside the adult diaper. The baby diaper will take most of the hit from your sweat and the general humidity of your skin, leaving the adult diaper in much better shape.

Ultimately, it's not important whether you wear pullups or tape-ons. What's important is that you're happy with what you've got. A lot of people prefer tape-on diapers, but if you find that you prefer pullups, there's no reason why you should feel that you're supposed to like tape-ons more.

I have been seeing Tena slip plus at my local supermarkets lately.
    Its slightly cheaper then the Maxi at the pharmacist in price but contains 30 instead of 24.
    Im tempted to buy some as i do not need the capacity of the maxi, as i end up waisting it,and like the blue color of the plus.
    Has anybody found them to at least swell like the slip maxi?

I use Tena Plus (Flex, not Slip) at work, where the slimmer pad is more discrete. It does swell like the Maxi, but obviously not as much because it contains less SAP.