Thread: Taping nightmare fail

Default Taping nightmare fail

So for only the second time I can remember, I had the tapes on a bambino diaper fail on me earlier today. I managed to get one on (a bellissimo) while I *thought* I was home by myself. The rest of the family left for the pre-Black Friday shopping almost as soon as we were back home.

Anyways, long story short...they ended up getting back WAY earlier than I had thought, and I ended up getting called out to the garage to help carry one of the four TV's they bought.

While I was in the middle of walking back inside the house carrying a big box with a fragile TV inside, one of the tapes (I found out later it was the bottom right one) popped off while I was walking and made a sound that was like a small firecracker in our garage. The noise clearly came from just under my pants, and my mom was like a foot or two behind me carrying another TV. -_-

I just kind of kicked it into high gear and ran off best I could after this went down, and it only just happened so I'm not really sure what the fallout is so far. For now, I'm hiding in the dark pretending to be asleep cursing the diaper-tape gods.

I'm not sure whether to giggle, or to feel a tiny bit sad I found it hilarious.
    I'm sure they won't associate the sound with anything.
    Though I am sure they are curious since you high tailed out of there.
    It will be okay, just relax.

Chill,

I doubt they will think of diaper...more likely something shifting breaking some foam in the box you were carrying...

If they ask why you high tailed it out...say you twisted your back, or wrist,or ankle...add in any place you may ever have had any issues with...

Dont worry,

Be happy!

I suppose it doesn't really help matters that that diaper I had on, because I had literally JUST got it on, was very much not...idk, broken in?

With bambinos at least, for at least a little while after just getting one of their diapers taped on, the thickness of the padding kind of forces you to waddle slightly, no matter how hard you try to walk normally. I kind of had it under control last night while I was walking at a snails pace with the TV, but honestly when I took off out of that room that all went out the window.

Fortunately for me, my family has been gone for almost the entire day today so far (yet more shopping :/), so I at least have some time to sort of chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Chill,

I doubt they will think of diaper...more likely something shifting breaking some foam in the box you were carrying...

If they ask why you high tailed it out...say you twisted your back, or wrist,or ankle...add in any place you may ever have had any issues with...

Dont worry,

Be happy!
    While you make a good point, I wouldn't say that I ran fast out of a situation because my knee or ankle hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    While you make a good point, I wouldn't say that I ran fast out of a situation because my knee or ankle hurt.
    You'd be surprised...I've twisted ankles and just ran to where to sit...

Unless I break something it just hurts and the sooner I'm of it the better...

I've even managed to walk on a shattered and severely detached foot after a car accident...

I'm surprised they didn't just hear the crinkling of the diaper itself. Bambino's are loud and sound still comes from them with boxer-briefs and jeans over them.

At least my bellisimos are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't just hear the crinkling of the diaper itself. Bambino's are loud and sound still comes from them with boxer-briefs and jeans over them.

At least my bellisimos are.
    I've found that as long as you tape them on crazy tight, the noise isn't quite so bad. They're still pretty loud honestly, but its not trashbag loud. This whole thing happened in only 5 seconds or so, so if there was anything to be heard I probably missed it in the rush to get out of there.

I think you'll be fine. Even if you are confronted no one will know it was a diaper and you can just make something up.