Thread: A big story on bigger diapers

Default A big story on bigger diapers

**HEY YOU! I know that this is a long post, (I have a lot on my mind about this whole thing!) If you don't feel like reading the whole thing I understand, so I left stars by the question(s) I ask at the end so that you can still help out! Thanks!

Hello my fellow AB/DLs ^ - ^
    Well I must say it has been quite some time since I've thrown up a post on Adisc, but I'm back! And I need advice.

So, my parents will be out of town soon for at least a week, and I'm going to use this opportunity to have a little bit of Sissy/DL fun as usual! All is well in the world of BabyRyu it would seem, however a darker reality has slowly come to reveal itself over the past couple weeks and the fact of the matter is, things are certainly not alright. :(

It all started a week or two ago when I woke up from a lovely nights sleep, and immediately noticed that the side of my Goodnites had ripped over night, leaving one of my hips uncomfortably barren. This had never happened before, and to be honest, it was heart breaking. I've always been so used to waking up, fully diapered no real worries about the sides breaking at all. (Seeing that I'm 20 years old I hardly expect anyone to feel any sympathy for me whatsoever.) :p

I've always had a fairly thin figure and I've always loved the especially stretchy sides that help the Goodnites stay nice and snug. But the thing about Goodnites that kept me coming back was obviously the cute designs and all that, they did the job of really putting me into that comfort zone that I look for in a cute diapey.. I really just had to lay there. The the harsh realization hit me -- "I won't fit into these much longer."

It has always been in the back of my mind, really. For the past half year, it seems, that with every new pack of Goodnites comes the hopeful pray that my waistline hadn't yet grown that last inch that would probably send me over the tipping point, into the dreaded world of plain whites and paper thin siding, the diaper aisle in the market that isn't so bright and colorful, I'm talking of course about, adult diapers... :(

NOW. Before you send me a link to AB Universe and direct me to the Cushies section let me stop you and say yes, I know, I have done my homework, I am in no way new to this, and I assure you once I can clear the cobwebs out of my bank account I will probably spend way too much money ordering them by the boat load :)

But until then, I'm working with the few bills I've "hidden under the mattress" over the past year or so, and in terms of money, I'm all set. But, I've made the mistake of buying Depends before. UGH! The rough, hardly bearable surface, even the inside of the diaper was hardly comfortable, they didn't fit well, the sides were too big, even with adjustable tapes. I do believe it was the smallest size available. The most frustrating part of the whole diaper though, surprisingly, was the bulkiness, now, I don't know if that is the right word to use but let me try to explain. When I'm wearing a Goodnite it seems to conform to my body better, almost has a natural way of hugging the body. It has that soft, pillow-like bounce to it. While, the depends was so stiff and ridged I would describe it almost as if you had wrapped gauze around a thin strip of cardboard and called it a diaper. (Okay, I may be exaggerating a little bit). Needless to say, it broke my heart, and I've never tried any other adult diaper after that, fearing it would be just as big of a waste of money. This time, though, I actually need a bigger diaper. And I'm going to have to settle for something I just know it, that's where you guys come in! If I have to settle for something, what should I look for?

I plan on hopping down to a local grocery place right by my house, If I find the selection completely horrible (likely) then I'm bussing it to the closest big outlet place which is a Wal-Mart.. oh joy.

** So I guess my question(s) would be, what store brand diaper do you think is best for me? Which brands should I keep an eye out for? (Tena, Depend, ect..) Have you had any personal experience with a nice "pillow-soft" adult diaper (store bought) before? Or have all the adult diapers you've tried lacked that certain bulky comfort?
    Let me know!

(Thanks for sticking with the long story)

Drugstores will have a better selection but all will be horrible. Tena's super plus pullup aint bad. And the depends real fit arnt terrible but both are still not too good and as for tape ons dont even bother looking they wont have any. I havent seen them in stores in over 4 years.

If your looking for something soft and conforms to the body the depends real fit is what your looking for but alas they dont hold much and they come in small quanitys

I am a Tena Super guy for a long time, they are easy to get, no online orders necessary, and work very good with a Huggies or Pampers stuffer or two, if you want the extra bulk. Depends and Attends are not worth the money comparitively, my 2 cents. :-)

Thanks for the reply guys!

I have been eyeing the Tena Supers myself, however I find myself strangely drawn to the Tranquility ATN diaper, they have a nice 16-32 waist for their small size.
    Does anyone know the general availability of these? I'm not sure I've seen them in stores before, although before this I was mainly focused on the children's diaper aisle :3 So no surprises there
    Also, I'm curious to know if I will find the plastic outside annoying at all. I must say I do enjoy a good crinkle

I'm glad to see your actively looking forward to the future Ryu. Your Pikachu avatar is adorable! I hope you can find something that you really like.

Take care little one, and be good.