Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been hiding too long.

Smile Been hiding too long.

So before I get started. If you have not read my introduction post, please do so.

So continuing on from the point in my life that I woke up from the coma. I was pretty much back at square one. The brain damage resulting from it held me back as well. The very first time in my life I realized I wanted to be treated like a baby was when i was about 14 years old.

There are quite allot of things that caused this, but I am not ready to talk about all of it. So I want to cut to the chase, and ask a few questions. Before that I want to make it clear that being diapered is still new to me, and that I want to do what I could not until recently which is ageplay

Q1. I want to get a warm onesie because cold winters here in Kansas is unbearable for me. I do not like to have the heater on either it cost more than a onesie over time. I live in a apartment complex so it naturally is not insulated that well. I like Privatina's selection, but I know they are expensive. I have looked at other stores, but do not care for the prints they offer.

Q2. I need help measuring myself. I know no one here can help measure my body, but I need help figuring out how to do it. There is only one person IRL that knows I am an AB. They do not live close enough to help with it. I am worried I will measure myself wrong because Privatina wants accuracy, and so do I. I found it very frustrating to attempt, because certain places like the shoulders are hard to measure.

Do most places want hip measurements from when you are wearing your normal diaper, or do they add a bit extra to make sure thick diapers can fit without being too snug?

Q3. I am new to all this in the sense that I never engaged in ageplay before, and want some advice on that aspect. From bottles, paci's, to toys, and whatever else fits in here.

For example, I do not know what to do to help me transition into this lifestyle. I have always been taught to act like a grownup, and I do not want to act like one all the time.

Thank you in advance!

Hi there Tridim:
    I just had a chance to read your introduction thread. Great post. I want to welcome you to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tridim View Post
    Q1. I want to get a warm onesie because cold winters here in Kansas is unbearable for me. I do not like to have the heater on either it cost more than a onesie over time. I live in a apartment complex so it naturally is not insulated that well. I like Privatina's selection, but I know they are expensive. I have looked at other stores, but do not care for the prints they offer.
    Have you given some thought to footie pajamas to keep out the cold? I recently bought 2 and I they are warm and comfortable. I sleep in them now that it is cold enough here in the desert southwest US, switching between the leopard print and the zebra print. Here's a link to a post about them.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...-pjs-back.html

Here's a link to the ones I got.
    http://www.target.com/p/nick-nora-re...lot=large_1_14
    http://www.target.com/p/nick-nora-re...lot=large_1_16

Q3. I am new to all this in the sense that I never engaged in ageplay before, and want some advice on that aspect. From bottles, paci's, to toys, and whatever else fits in here.
    For toys, just pick items that sound like they would be fun. They don't have to be expensive. Coloring books and crayons are a good example. Ball and jacks. Marbles. How about chalk and a chalkboard (I guess now a days it would be dry erase pens on a whiteboard). I spent many hours in my youth drawing on a chalkboard. I also spent lots of time with Lincoln logs. I know where they are stored but don't have a chance to play with them.

I do have a bottle, which I got at the local Target. I don't get to use it much but feels great when I do.

I also got an adult size pacifier from BabyPants. Mine is the Gerber white NUK. More expensive that getting a baby sized one but less than some adult sized ones I've seen for sale. Here is the link: Baby Pacifiers for Adults.

I sleep with my pacifier most nights. They say it helps reduce snoring also. I've wondered if this is why I seem to sleep better with a pacifier, since I'm not waking myself up at night when snoring.

I've also have the largest sized pacifier that you can get from the local Target or Walmart but they don't fit as comfortable as the adult sized one.

I hope you enjoy exploring your little side and once again, welcome.
    Last edited by LilCoyote; 26-Nov-2013 at 03:06. Reason: Added a couple more links

Welcome to adisc. Wow, that would have been frightening to your grandma. Congratulations on getting out on your own after having to overcome all of that.
    So if you are talking about getting a onsie, the diaper t-shirt style, well in my experience, it is ridiculously difficult to get the sizes right on those, but I am also really oddly shaped, so don't take my word on it. All i can say, is if you suspect you are in between sizes, probably go for the smaller one, mine have always run longer than what i wanted.
    If you are talking about onsies like footed pajamas, i would highly suggest getting something from Footed Adult Onesie Pajamas - Hoodie Footie Pjs For Men, Women & Kids, there are other places that also have really good footed pajamas, but i like these ones the best, granted that i wish they had the rubber bottoms for the feet like some do, they do exist for adult sizes, but i can't remember where. Anyway, buying footed pajamas are way more forgiving on sizing, because having a little extra in the size just makes it more comfortable, and the feet stay on just fine because it restricts just a little bit around the ankle. So if that is what you are going for, just look for something that is right for your overall height, the rest should be just fine.

As for things like pacifiers, well you can always get this Amazon.com: Nuk Medic Pro (L): Health & Personal Care which is probably the best price for an adult sized pacifier. I would really suggest getting the nuk5 size because it is much more comfortable on your teeth. If you do decide to just get a pacifier from the grocery store, i think the largest size you can get is for age 18-36 months, or something like that, which those are ok in the mouth for a while.
    If you really want to get a fun pacifier though, i would say go and get one from SAVE 25% > NOVEMBER 2013 PROMO – K2G they have a lot of really cute pacifiers, and they cost a bit, but they are usually worth it.

As for the bottle, I am plenty happy with buying my bottles from the grocery store, they work really well as is, my favorite is the playtex vent air style, it is really nice to suck on and it cleans easy.

If you need to go cheap on diapers, you can always go to wallgreens, or their other pharmacy/quick market place, CVS pharmacy i think? Anyway, what you are looking for is the certainties brand diapers. They are cloth backed, but if you are looking for diapers that have tabs rather than a pull on brief, then theses are the best if you are trying to get them in a general store, otherwise you would have to get the depends with tapes(if you are looking for something with tapes) and those are just lousy. If you want to spend more money though, then you can go to a bunch of different places, a few that i know of are as follows:
    my favorite Bambino Diapers, The Best Source for ABDL Diapers and Products!
    one i haven't tried but looks good Cuddlz Adult Nappies Diapers Plastic PVC Pants Onesies For ABDL Or Incontinence Store Online Nappy Shop UK & European Discreet Delivery
    and one that adisc doesn't like to support because of controversy, but their diapers are fun to wear ABUniverse.com Home Page - The Worlds Best AB/DL Superstore be careful with them, there have been complaints.

I hope that might give you some insight as to where to go from here.

Try out different things that spark your interests. Buy a rattle or a teether if one catches your attention. You might try out coloring if you want to, or any number of things. Maybe a fun tv show that you used to watch as a kid. If you don't have a stuffed animal, you should get one, unless those just are not your thing. I'm personally sorry for anybody who doesn't like stuffed animals.

I have a couple pair of footed jammies from Jumpin Jammerz and I highly recommend them, especially if you want to keep warm. They're made out of fleece. They come is cute prints. I have the monkey print as well as the teddy bear print. They also have duckies.

Wow thanks to the both of you again. This community never seizes to amaze me. I really was looking for a footed sleeper, but I also want a snap crotch onesie. I don't know if anyone here can assist in explaining how to measure yourself with all the measurements places like Privatina ask for. Just in case I really want to buy from them. It really would help to know my measurements for future purchases. There are some things that are easy to take measurement of. Then there are others that are a bit harder that almost require a second person. I cannot ask anyone I know for help without drawing attention.

Does store bought bottles really fit adults that well? I would rather get something that will be good for use for quite awhile. I also like Molicare Super Plus. The width of the padding is more than enough to cover me, and I don't need to fight it to get it to fit. I am having trouble with the tapes though on any diaper. I understand now that it takes allot of practice to get good at diapering yourself. I was using vaseline, and accidentally left some on my hand which messed up the tapes. Though most of the time I just cannot tape each side close enough to the center (where the padding is visible) from back to the front of the diaper. I do not tape them evenly either. One side will be pulled farther up closer to my front than the other side.

I forgot to mention. I am a 45 in diaper size. I am really not suppose to be that big. I am 6ft tall, but slightly got a bit too fat XD. I want to get rid of it this coming spring though.

Also hello Dogboy, I like your name XD.

Does store bought bottles really fit adults that well? I would rather get something that will be good for use for quite awhile.
    If you get the biggest bottles available in the stores(the one i suggested would be one of those), then i personally feel like they are very comfortable to nurse on. The bottles for adult babies are much much bigger, and i guess are designed to let you have more of the nipple in you mouth, but i don't feel like i need to have much of it in there. The thing is, is that there is plenty of rubber on the rest of the nipple that your mouth doesn't hit the plastic part of the bottle, that is what the problem is with baby pacifiers, is that there isn't much there until your mouth hits the guard, so it naturally tries to push out, while a nuk5 or bigger will naturally stay in better because there is more to it before the guard gets in the way from the pacifier going any further.
    But yes, back to the bottles, I think they are plenty big enough, i haven't tried the adult size ones, but i don't think it is worth it unless you have enough money that you want to just try out of curiosity, otherwise you might want to try spending your cash on something else made for an adult baby, while you can just spend not that much on a regular baby bottle.

I got the vent air fast release bottle from Wal-mart today. I saw they had different attachments for bottles. Does the nipple it come with work for you, or do you get anything extra? By attachments I mean the top where the nipple unscrews. I did give it a whirl while diapered, and in a warm cute pajama. It really felt so soothing surprisingly. I didn't mind the grape Gatorade, but it is a bit too strong for my liking taken by a bottle. I also tried water which doesn't do anything for me.

I got a couple toys today. A superman ball, and a set of 5 hotwheels. Not much, but I need to watch my spending until next weekend. Can you please suggest some pleasant drinks you like other than store bought milk?
    I forgot to mention. I am looking for stuffed animals, but while at Wal-mart it did not look like they really had any. Is this common place these days? I have Big Kmart, and Target near by.
    Thank you!

I got the vent air fast release bottle from Wal-mart today. I saw they had different attachments for bottles. Does the nipple it come with work for you, or do you get anything extra? By attachments I mean the top where the nipple unscrews. I did give it a whirl while diapered, and in a warm cute pajama. It really felt so soothing surprisingly. I didn't mind the grape Gatorade, but it is a bit too strong for my liking taken by a bottle. I also tried water which doesn't do anything for me.

I got a couple toys today. A superman ball, and a set of 5 hotwheels. Not much, but I need to watch my spending until next weekend. Can you please suggest some pleasant drinks you like other than store bought milk?
    I forgot to mention. I am looking for stuffed animals, but while at Wal-mart it did not look like they really had any. Is this common place these days? I have Big Kmart, and Target near by.
    Thank you!
    Ok, so walmart has the most lousy of stuffed animals fyi. If you want some good stuffed animals, Target is actually a really good place for that, or just Amazon. I don't know about kmart though.

I just use the rubber nipple that comes with the bottle, so yeah, it works for me. I did try buying the playtex style as well, but i like it better with the regular one it comes with.

As for drinks. Well milk is my favorite to drink, unless it is flavored milk, that is fun to. As for other things though as you asked, I think the only thing i can suggest that i enjoy drinking from a bottle is Apple juice, that is very satisfying to me. You might try hot chocolate, if you are just trying to avoid drinking milk. I'm not sure what else though. There really are only specific drinks that taste good coming from a bottle, i don't know why, but it might just be because it doesn't fit the mindset of you little side that comes out when you are drinking from a bottle.

Those toys sound fun. I should probably get myself some cars, good idea.

I enjoyed the bottle though I just did not feel anything other than frustrated when trying to drink water. I think it is because it really has no special taste to it. The Gatorade was fun, but it can be somewhat tart. I agree with you that only specific drinks taste good coming from a bottle. I am a bit worried though that if I were to fall asleep that the drink would drain out of the nipple, and stain the sheets. Have you tried getting adventurous with formula? I hear it taste funny, but that might just be certain brands. I would try it if it was a bit appealing.

Congrats on your bottle purchase. I've only put water in mine as of now, I live with room mates and it is hard to use and then clean it so water is my best option right now. Also, when I have used it, it has been right before falling asleep and I didn't want to drink anything but water due to increased chance of tooth decay.

Here's the bottle I got. This link shows a 3 pack but I just bought a single one.
    NUK 3pk 5oz Clearview Bottles with Silicone Nipple : Target

As for stuffed animals, I got one back in march at a supermarket. It was before easter and they had them on a special display. I bought another at a ToysRus a few months ago. They did have a small selection and I bought a brown monkey. Here's the one I got
    Toys R Us Plush 15.5 inch - Monkey - Toys R Us - Toys "R" Us