Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tried Fetlife

Default Tried Fetlife

Hi I just made a fetlife account to see what the site was like as I heard there was a rather large age play community on there but to be honest I am not a fan. Five seconds after I made my account my screen was covered in genitalia. I know it's a sexual site but am I the only one that wishes for a bit more class?

If I was ever to meet up with someone over one of these sites with the intent to play with them I would still want a little romance and wouldn't want to jump right into anything.

Maybe I'm just a little more innocent than I thought but I am honestly of the view that half the fun is the foreplay before you get to see someone naked so having their tits right in your face before you have even met them takes away some of the fun.

Does anyone here use fetlife? What's your view of sites such as that?

I"ve gotten lucky with my experience on FL of course my actual interactions on the site are limited to talk to Uncle Brian since Momma is on skype but in many like with many things YMMV and if you would like to hit me up. I changed my screen name on there its Mommas_Baby_Girl. It was lostlileme but I'm not lost anymore

Kerry

I have a FL account and I got to discover that it's such a wide community one can really find any kind of people there. Sure as a mainly sexual-fetish based website there are a lot of members posting less-than-classy pics, and I'm totally with you in having this little perk about not liking profiles which don't show at least a bit of good taste. Sadly enough FL lacks a decent search engine which means that you just have to start going through profiles, then getting friends with some people you like, and at this point you'll get on your feed the pictures/profiles they have liked, and so you'll go on exploring from that. At least that's how it worked for me.

If your main aim is to meet people through FL I reckon that's gonna be even trickier, sadly enough those who openly advertise their kinks are more likely to be wanting to jump "right in the action", while I totally agree with you when you say that getting to know people on a personal level and having some enjoyable foreplay - as opposed to just being eachother's fetish object for a night - is what makes things a whole lot better, makes for lasting friendships, and possibly relationships too. To be completely honest, I might even have been a bit of a disappointment to some of my partners because I'm all about the cute and innocent foreplay, the cuddles and such, and don't really care about getting to the point, if you know what I mean...

There are group's that are more tame. You could make your own too.
    I feel that on some site's it what you make it. I found some great groups by clicking a profile then looking at what groups they belong to.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RPcat18 View Post
    Hi I just made a fetlife account to see what the site was like as I heard there was a rather large age play community on there but to be honest I am not a fan. Five seconds after I made my account my screen was covered in genitalia. I know it's a sexual site but am I the only one that wishes for a bit more class?

If I was ever to meet up with someone over one of these sites with the intent to play with them I would still want a little romance and wouldn't want to jump right into anything.

Maybe I'm just a little more innocent than I thought but I am honestly of the view that half the fun is the foreplay before you get to see someone naked so having their tits right in your face before you have even met them takes away some of the fun.

I keep signing up and then quitting it for the same reasons, it is way more sex oriented than i want. I wish there was a dating site with the maturity of adisc. Anyway, if you want to still use it and not have a bunch of junk in your face, i suggest using google chrome and getting the AdBlock extension, it gets rid of all of that crap.

I have a fetlife account as well. I actually really like it. Yea there is a ton of private parts in your face pics but I am friends with and talk to a lot of really cool people on there. You can search by fetish and location separately but I wish you could combine those features to search people with a specific fetish in your area instead of one or the other and having to weed thru hundreds of results. I like that most of the profiles I come across are real and ones without pics are always at the end of your search results which makes it easier to ignor the fake/incomplete ones. If anyone else has a fetlife and wants to be friends you can search my name "beccawets" I am always down to make new friends!

I use FL and find its a great site. Yes it took some getting used to, but i eventually found groups i love. People that share my same daddy kink to chat to and compare ideas and desires. I even found my baby girl on there. So outside of a few nutjobs and social idiots, i have only a glowing review.

oh and if youre into ab/dl in a non sexual way, yes, theres many groups for those.

oh and if any of you want my fl name, just pm me. I love making new friends.

As has been said above and is usually said in the monthly "just tried/thinking about trying fetlife" thread, it's largely what you make it.

More specifically, it's largely about what groups you join, and the people you meet through those groups.

The site covers a huge range of fetishes, and for each fetish there are usually a variety of groups ranging from casual curious interest to hard core total lifestyle types. You just need to find a group (or start one) that closely matches your interest.

Yes,

As others have said...

I have an account...don't use it much...

But, yes some of the ads and posts are in bad taste...but that's to be expected...

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by RPcat18 View Post

Give the people a chance, dont base the people on the site by the decor of the site itself. When I joined fetlife, i honestly didnt get any genitalia in my face from anything other than maybe ads on the side, but otherwise it was a normal site, and im actually quite greatful by its measure of sexuality because it allowed me to be more open with my sexuality as well as explore things that I would've otherwise either never tried or never would've known i liked. I know it sounds dirty, but there is nothing quite like being able to be shamelessly open about your sexuality in a society where sex is put on this unnecessary pedestal. I can tell you right now that, sexuality aside, i love fetlife... I was alone for like 8 years in my search for other like minded friends, and im not really the online relationship type, and once i joined fetlife and became active on fetlife, i found so many friends that i couldn't believe it, and i also ended up learning a lot about myself and learned a lot about things that I never knew existed which resulted in a happier me and a higher understanding of who I am. Now, i have a monthly group i meet up with for a gathering, and i have like 8 local ABDL/Little friends that i get together with on a regular basis to play with or hang out with (non-sexually of course). The only thing i haven't had much luck in is finding a daddy, but I do believe my odds are higher from joining fetlife, you just have to learn to look past the face of the site and tread through the creeps because there is truly a wonderful world of people to be met if you just put up with a few crotch shots and creepos

and like others have said, its about the groups you join too. I've pretty much grown into a 2nd family on fetlife, because as sexual as the site may be, a lot of the people on there are very unified, and finding like minded individuals in the groups you join can lead to very beautiful friendships that can last you a lifetime.

P.S. - if anyone wants to add me on fetlife, my SN is AB_Emily <3
    Last edited by CrinklySiren; 25-Nov-2013 at 18:16.