Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth blues

Default Wisdom teeth blues

All of my wisdom teeth are coming in just fine, so the dentist said I couldn't have them taken out So now I have to go through this horrible process of them coming in. It hurts. Basically what is going on is I am teething, and my friend's parents made a comment that if I were a baby I would be drooling and crying.

But I just use my pacifier and drink hot chocolate, instead.
    It's nights like these that I wish I had a caretaker who would be really nice and cuddle with me. Maybe watch a movie to forget my teeth hurts. I think I will go to sleep, instead.

Well,

I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 5-6 years ago after one broke the tooth next to it...

But, I do understand about it hurting...

Try some orajel on the area...put it on a qtip and rub over where it coming in...

It doesn't last forever...but usually enough to get to sleep...

Also if it's swollen take a couple ibuprofen...

B

I got mine taken out. Two went well and two were very bad. Wearing diapers at the dentist gave me a little cimfort.

Like they said, Orajel or Anbesol are both good topical oral anesthetics. I always have one or the other in my medicine chest: they're too useful in situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Traemo View Post
    Like they said, Orajel or Anbesol are both good topical oral anesthetics. I always have one or the other in my medicine chest: they're too useful in situations like this.
    Exactly,

I couldn't remember the ambasol name...

Also, a cotton ball soaked in brandy, whiskey, etc will help too...I remember that from when I was getting in some adult teeth as a kid...back when I was little it was a good hour drive from the cabin to a store...and that store may or may not of even had stuff like that back then...going to a decent town was quite longer...

Might not be politically correct...but it worked...and my mom was never into being political correct...I come from a railroad family...

B

All I can say is its nowhere near as painful as getting them removed!
    I was in pain for 3 weeks since mine were all badly impacted. Could barely open my mouth, jaw was uber stiff, and I was taking the maximum dosage of advil every day for 3 weeks. Should get yourself a teething ring:p

babyboy262

Hey I know what you mean about the pain , I'm 28 and mine are just now starting to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Cat666 View Post
    All of my wisdom teeth are coming in just fine, so the dentist said I couldn't have them taken out So now I have to go through this horrible process of them coming in. It hurts. Basically what is going on is I am teething, and my friend's parents made a comment that if I were a baby I would be drooling and crying.

But I just use my pacifier and drink hot chocolate, instead.
    It's nights like these that I wish I had a caretaker who would be really nice and cuddle with me. Maybe watch a movie to forget my teeth hurts. I think I will go to sleep, instead.
    Hang in there. I had mine taken out a couple of years ago. It was weird. I never knew that they had actually started to come out, until I was eating ice cream one day. I felt something behind my teeth, and thought the ice cream had nuts in it. I kept feeling the spots behind my teeth, and when I got home, I was able to look in a mirror and see that it was actually my wisdom teeth coming in.

I never really experienced any pain. All four had ruptured through the gums. Two were coming up under my molars, so they all had to come out. I could feel some pressure with the ones under my molars, but it never really hurt. They gave me some pain pills after my surgery and I'm not sure what the gave me during the surgery. But I think I slept for more than a day after taking those pain pills.

But yeah, the surgery sucks. I really couldn't eat anything for more than a week.

I have to get mine out in January. And all of these horror stories. Waah.

I got to keep my wisdom teeth in too and teething again at age 17 was a b*@#!. My observations would be the pain killers mentioned above are good. There is also a reason babies chew things when they're teething. When my wisdom teeth came in I found myself compulsively gnawing on anything hard and chewy I happened to find. It seemed to help in a strange sort of way, it certainly felt right.