Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanting new diapers

Default Wanting new diapers

I haven't had any diapers for close to a year now. I have come to accept this part of myself, but I would like to try something new. I've worn Tena Slip Maxi, Bambinos, Molicare Super Plus,and Cushies. I have a small waist so keep that in mind when you answer. I even thought of cloth diapers, but I don't currently live alone. If anyone has any ideas. They'll be most helpful.

Maybe I'll go in the opposite direction: try a store brand diaper. Sometimes we don't know what a 'quality diaper' is unless you try something that lacks the so called 'good features'. Stuff like thickness, standing leg guards, plastic/cloth backed, how easily they tear, ABSORBENCY etc. For all you know, you may even like these diapers better than the bigger brands, for things like the cutting, the fit, the design etc.

Do your research, both on the net and by visually looking through the shelves in the stores, see what you wish to try then make a decision. Not only do you get to appreciate wearing your regular diapers more, but the store brand diapers are also cheaper and thus don't hurt your pocket as much. I can't really mention names as these store-brands may be different from the ones that are available in your country.

On a side note, you seem to have taken a break from wearing diapers, as you mentioned. Do take note of why you made a decision to take a break. You probably wouldn't want to regret making that decision, which is what happened to me earlier this year. Once you've taken stock of that reason then by all means, go ahead and enjoy.

Do update us which diaper you chose

I agree - try the store brands. If you're that small, maybe try a Cruiser or something similar. If you have transportation, check out a Goodwill or other charity store to see if they have something different. Maybe a serviceman or woman came back to the states with an overseas brand (for his child/ren).

How small is your waist? and do you want taped ones, or are pullups acceptable?

The I'll give you my advice to anyone: GoodNites are wonderful if you can fit in them. Heck, you might even be able to fit into the largest of training pants, too, and mods (http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/2...extenders.html) for large baby diapers will make those options for you too. That's the best advice I can give.

I got the Ultra Sample Pack from ABU. It got here in less than a week, and it has a good mix of plain/medical types and some of their brand like the Super Dry Kids. I'm going to see if bambinos have small packs and try theirs too, and will do a cost/benefit analysis to figgure which one (or several) I'm going to stick with.

With a 29" waist, and since you are not living alone, Goodnites may be your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by MIBluejeans View Post
    I got the Ultra Sample Pack from ABU. It got here in less than a week, and it has a good mix of plain/medical types and some of their brand like the Super Dry Kids. I'm going to see if bambinos have small packs and try theirs too, and will do a cost/benefit analysis to figgure which one (or several) I'm going to stick with.
    Don't bother Bambino. They don't have smalls of their diapers, but do sell smalls of other peoples diapers. But I am 5'1" and have a 29" waist and find Bambinos work. They pretty much fit and they don't leak. Very good in the Medium size.

I was thinking about going with goodnites, but I was wondering if girls' goodnites stretch mo?re then boys'