Thread: Can anyone help identify these plastic pants?

Default Can anyone help identify these plastic pants?

A friend of mine got these off of eBay some time back, but has since lost touch with the seller. These have no identifying marks on them- no stamps or labels or tags. The inside is lined with a soft plastic, almost like a PVC type material, the outer is synthetic fiber with a babyish pattern on them. They are very soft and comfortable, and quiet as well. I would love a couple pairs of these!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131122_010033.jpg 
Views:	709 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	19261

Could be "home - made"

Honestly, best thing ever: if you want stuff like that, learn to operate a sewing machine

I've made specific waterproof covers / pants etc... for my own needs before... and it's really easy.
    Once you've got a pattern (shape) you like / that fits well, it's even simpler.

I've also made a PU-Type breathable protective pants with taped (water-proofed) seams.
    actually quite easy to do.

Things without tags are generally homemade.
    They do look cute, and I would like to get a better pair that ABU has,
    for a good price too.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Could be "home - made"

Honestly, best thing ever: if you want stuff like that, learn to operate a sewing machine

I've made specific waterproof covers / pants etc... for my own needs before... and it's really easy.
    Once you've got a pattern (shape) you like / that fits well, it's even simpler.

I've also made a PU-Type breathable protective pants with taped (water-proofed) seams.
    actually quite easy to do.
    I'd second this. Making your own plastic pants is a heck of a lot easier than making a pocket diaper or anything else with lots of layers. The only thing that may be challenging is dealing with the elastic trim...getting it sewn on even, and all.

A very basic (inexpensive) Singer machine would probably do just fine for plastic pants, since there are only 2-3 layers. However, you'll probably want a better quality one (maybe Elna Jeans) if you plan on doing anything with more layers.