Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republican Scandal!

Default Republican Scandal!

I missed this one in September. Apparently Senator David Vitter's (R - Louisiana) name surfaced in a prostitution scandal and it was disclosed (according to the link within this article) that he had the prostitutes make him wear diapers. Oh my! (or is it Oh myyy?). This has prompted some Photoshop pictures if you care to Google for them. We'll have to wait and see if this resurfaces in his re-election campaign.

Probably won't. He was named by the DC Madam but the allegations about diapers come from different prostitutes closer to his home.

Personally, as much as I detest his politics and his bigotry and homophobia, I don't want to shame him if he is an AB or DL. He could be/could have been seeing prostitutes because he wasn't getting what he needed at home, and many of us have been there before. One can oppose his politics without dragging up matters better left between him and his wife. He was since returned to office so I don't think the voters have an issue with these claims.

Where do you see on that article the part where he wore diapers, I read it 3 times and cannot find that information

I think it's sad the Dems won't fix the problems and instead have to resort to shit like this

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    Where do you see on that article the part where he wore diapers, I read it 3 times and cannot find that information

I think it's sad the Dems won't fix the problems and instead have to resort to shit like this
    In the article towards the bottom is the word "diapers' in blue which has a link to wonkette.com

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    In the article towards the bottom is the word "diapers' in blue which has a link to wonkette.com
    Anything more reliable of a source than some blog? it doesn't actually give a lot of information, no sources, no photos, no nothing

There's no hard evidence that Vitter wore diapers for sexual pleasure. It was alleged by prostitutes in New Orleans who came forward following the DC Madam's list that had his name on it.

Certainly not a reputable source but I was just pointing out, wondering, if the alleged diapers will be brought up by his opponents in the upcoming election, which I think may not be until next year. This might make bring the abdl culture into the headlines, or at least a mention on page 5 of the daily newspaper.

I doubt it since he's been reelected since the initial allegations were made. they weren't really brought up at all last time.

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    I think it's sad that politicians won't fix the problems and instead have to resort to shit like this
    Fixed that for you.

-------------------------

Anyway, on topic;

Do I believe the allegations by the prostitutes? Yes.

Why? Because, why make this up... If they want to actually harm the mans reputation, I can think of dozens of allegations that would be far worse than "He likes diapers."

It's also not something that is typically thought about, even by people who know a lot about the sexual fetish world.

Will it hurt him? Maybe, I mean; I suppose it can, they can at least use it against him; which every politician loves.

The article is rather interesting though, and it isn't all that reputable of a source; but hey, it's possible.

- Lobie

Just checked, he won't come up for reelection until 2016. By then he will probably be the senior Senator from LA since Mary Landrieu is considered to be very vulnerable in the 2014 election.

Regretfully politics has come to attacking character instead of ideas. Character attacks make great sound-bites. Ideas tend to require actually thought. The issue of requiring members of congress to play be the rules that they make us play by is an idea. If the Affordable Care Act (or maybe given the problems it should be renamed the Unaffordable Care Act) is so good, then why shouldn't our legislators use it (they make enough money to cover their own insurance)? In fact a provision of that act (put in by Republicans) required that congress and their staff use the exchanges. The administration has decided by fiat that the section of the law with that requirement did not prevent the government from picking up the cost.

All Vitter is proposing is that the law as written be followed. For that level of audacity he is having actions from 6 years ago brought up again and having his character attacked. There are reasons why the legislative employees have had their health insurance basically paid for and that is to be consistent with the treatment employees of the Executive branch receive. That could be argued in what was once a forum for ideas (the U.S. Senate), instead of ad hominem attacks.

I find it interesting that in a forum used by people who enjoy acting childish, we should be discussing having our alleged leaders act like adults!