Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mental Dilemma

Default Mental Dilemma

Ok well as the title suggest I'm having a bit of a dilemma going on inside my head and I'm looking for advice as to what I should do so here is the situation:

Ok for a couple years now I've been seeing a psychologist because I have numerous mental and neurological problems caused by a combination of my genes and others I acquired through a series of unfortunate events.Sadly these problems and events are what I've no doubt lead to me becoming an AB/DL in the first place.But I've yet to address my AB/DL side with my psychologist and I know I should and need to but at the same time I'm afraid to because I've no clue what doors might swing open and what might be behind said doors and that actually scares me.

So I'm looking for advice as to if I should and how should I go about bringing up with my psychologist so it can be taken seriously and I be better able to understand these aspects of myself.

Thanks in advance to all your help ^_^

It's question about deal between your AB and rest of your things. Basicaly I can say "wear diapers, but don't allow that diapers will wear yourself. And one more - don't hurt you for your past.

Well,

There are a couple of things to look at IMHO before you decide anything in this realm...

One, do you have a good trusting relationship with your dr.

Two, are you overwhelmed or will you be adding this into your life at this time...

If your comfortable with your dr. and have the ability to add on the additional work at this time...then by all means yes!

But, I know it's not that easy...it's somewhat an unknown workload, and there will be some unforeseen twists and turns on the way too...

Now, the fact your thinking about it says your close to being ready to experience resolving the issues that may come up...and that is a good sign...

It takes lots of trust, work, and fortitude to be transparent with anyone...but, your dr. is the best one of all to do this with...

I assume you are getting benefit from this relationship with your psychologist...else, I'd assume you wouldn't be going anymore...

I also assume you know that no matter what they cannot tell other by law about the sessions without your permission, or if there is a direct expected physical danger of yourself or to others.

So, yes if you can in any way find the courage, strength, and time to tackle this new are by all means go for it...

Also, remember that if it becomes too much, you can slow down, or even stop progress in this arena and your dr. should understand your reasons, even though they will push you to continue, that's thier job as well...

Anyhow, by asking the question I feel you already have your answer and are looking for that last little push to start down the hill...

And that's all it takes...a little push...

Lastly, don't worry about going too fast down the hill...you can apply brakes anytime you need...it's in your control...

So, here is a little push from me to go forward with becoming one step closer to being fully transparent with your psychologist...

B

I would say, don't tell any one that you don't feel comfortable with. If it scares you like you said, then its best not to. Being ab/dl is weird, but you could be doing worse things, so I would keep this side of your self to only trusted people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Well,

There are a couple of things to look at IMHO before you decide anything in this realm...

One, do you have a good trusting relationship with your dr.

Two, are you overwhelmed or will you be adding this into your life at this time...

If your comfortable with your dr. and have the ability to add on the additional work at this time...then by all means yes!

But, I know it's not that easy...it's somewhat an unknown workload, and there will be some unforeseen twists and turns on the way too...

Now, the fact your thinking about it says your close to being ready to experience resolving the issues that may come up...and that is a good sign...

It takes lots of trust, work, and fortitude to be transparent with anyone...but, your dr. is the best one of all to do this with...

I assume you are getting benefit from this relationship with your psychologist...else, I'd assume you wouldn't be going anymore...

I also assume you know that no matter what they cannot tell other by law about the sessions without your permission, or if there is a direct expected physical danger of yourself or to others.

So, yes if you can in any way find the courage, strength, and time to tackle this new are by all means go for it...

Also, remember that if it becomes too much, you can slow down, or even stop progress in this arena and your dr. should understand your reasons, even though they will push you to continue, that's thier job as well...

Anyhow, by asking the question I feel you already have your answer and are looking for that last little push to start down the hill...

And that's all it takes...a little push...

Lastly, don't worry about going too fast down the hill...you can apply brakes anytime you need...it's in your control...

So, here is a little push from me to go forward with becoming one step closer to being fully transparent with your psychologist...

B
    Well thanks for the advice my friend and to answer the two questions you preposed yes I do have a good trusting relationship with my doctor and I've told my doctor a good bit of stuff and my doctor has been nothing but understanding and supportive of the things I've said and I know they can't tell anyone.But the reason I'm a bit reserved to tell my doctor is two fold because my doctor is a female and my childhood isn't exactly the best because as a lil kid I acquired a unique form of seizure that is greatly different different than normals because in my seizures I go into an extreme state of uncontrollable anger and when the seizure would end I'd lose memories and I had countless seizures till I was diagnosed so most of my childhood memories involve a lot of anger and going down that road is the part that scares me because I've blocked out pretty much all of them and if that door swings open I've no clue what would happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    I would say, don't tell any one that you don't feel comfortable with. If it scares you like you said, then its best not to. Being ab/dl is weird, but you could be doing worse things, so I would keep this side of your self to only trusted people.
    Well it isn't about being comfortable with my doctor I'm comfortable with her.What scares me about it all is the potential memories connected with being an AB/DL since most of the memories I imagine are connected are horrible ones that I've kept locked up for as long as I can remember because they involve things that have always been difficult for me to deal with.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    I have to disagree with this >_> sometimes you have to bridge the gap of comfort to get down to the cold hard truth.

I think that you should just be truthful and professional about it, and if your psychologist is professional enough, he/she will understand.. I've told multiple psychologists in the past about my ABDL/little lifestyle (for the sake of explaining other situations in my life more clearly) and every time its been a clear and concise explanation to which later resulted in them wanting to know more for the sake of expanding their psychological expertise. So honestly, if you want to delve into the world of why in terms of your ABDL habits, then i say go for it- but dont let fear and discomfort stand in your way from enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by YAHLD View Post
    Well thanks for the advice my friend and to answer the two questions you preposed yes I do have a good trusting relationship with my doctor and I've told my doctor a good bit of stuff and my doctor has been nothing but understanding and supportive of the things I've said and I know they can't tell anyone.But the reason I'm a bit reserved to tell my doctor is two fold because my doctor is a female and my childhood isn't exactly the best because as a lil kid I acquired a unique form of seizure that is greatly different different than normals because in my seizures I go into an extreme state of uncontrollable anger and when the seizure would end I'd lose memories and I had countless seizures till I was diagnosed so most of my childhood memories involve a lot of anger and going down that road is the part that scares me because I've blocked out pretty much all of them and if that door swings open I've no clue what would happen to me.

Well it isn't about being comfortable with my doctor I'm comfortable with her.What scares me about it all is the potential memories connected with being an AB/DL since most of the memories I imagine are connected are horrible ones that I've kept locked up for as long as I can remember because they involve things that have always been difficult for me to deal with.
    Yes,

I understand, and know fear of the unknown is strong, your head fills in every blank with your worst fears...

Like I said the second part...is do you have the "time" available to work on this process...

Also, remember with the unknown aspects...even though your on the downward slope you can slow down to deal with the unknown twists and turn on the way...

In other word, even though you don't can't see the road, you can always slow down to negotiate the turns if you ever need to...

Going into the unknow is hard, but you will gain the knowledge you get along the way, and just know your in the drivers seat and can slow down or even stop to take a break as you need...

I feel you know all this, and your looking for validation of your choices...You are in control...and your choices are rational and feel this is a good path...

B

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    I have to disagree with this >_> sometimes you have to bridge the gap of comfort to get down to the cold hard truth.

I think that you should just be truthful and professional about it, and if your psychologist is professional enough, he/she will understand.. I've told multiple psychologists in the past about my ABDL/little lifestyle (for the sake of explaining other situations in my life more clearly) and every time its been a clear and concise explanation to which later resulted in them wanting to know more for the sake of expanding their psychological expertise. So honestly, if you want to delve into the world of why in terms of your ABDL habits, then i say go for it- but dont let fear and discomfort stand in your way from enlightenment.
    Well I've no doubt she'd be professional about it and I really would like to get more into the why and all of my AB/DL habits and wants.And it isn't really discomfort it's pretty much the fear that is holding me back because there are some very evil things locked up in my head and letting them out could potentially make me go insane or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Yes,

I understand, and know fear of the unknown is strong, your head fills in every blank with your worst fears...

Like I said the second part...is do you have the "time" available to work on this process...

Also, remember with the unknown aspects...even though your on the downward slope you can slow down to deal with the unknown twists and turn on the way...

In other word, even though you don't can't see the road, you can always slow down to negotiate the turns if you ever need to...

Going into the unknow is hard, but you will gain the knowledge you get along the way, and just know your in the drivers seat and can slow down or even stop to take a break as you need...

I feel you know all this, and your looking for validation of your choices...You are in control...and your choices are rational and feel this is a good path...

B
    Well I'm not one to fear much because I only have a handful of fears and my unknown could very well be dangerous for me mentally because there is a lot of dark things locked up inside my head that I know of and what I don't know could be 100 times worse.

As far as the time aspect I've got all the time in the world for it because we go by how long and often I need to see her so time really isn't an issue for me I believe.

Yeah but sadly I'm not the type to take things slow I'm just the "Dive in and deal with everything at once" type of person ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by YAHLD View Post
    Well I've no doubt she'd be professional about it and I really would like to get more into the why and all of my AB/DL habits and wants.And it isn't really discomfort it's pretty much the fear that is holding me back because there are some very evil things locked up in my head and letting them out could potentially make me go insane or something.

Well I'm not one to fear much because I only have a handful of fears and my unknown could very well be dangerous for me mentally because there is a lot of dark things locked up inside my head that I know of and what I don't know could be 100 times worse.

As far as the time aspect I've got all the time in the world for it because we go by how long and often I need to see her so time really isn't an issue for me I believe.

Yeah but sadly I'm not the type to take things slow I'm just the "Dive in and deal with everything at once" type of person ^^;
    Well,

It seems then your only real hurdle is self control...

You don't have to jump head first at 110%...You are in control...

I know that's very hard to realize that you are in control, but it's the truth!

Everyone has daemons, black spots on our soul, even fear over what else we may have blocked out or suppressed...

No one is immune to these things, it's part of the human condition...

Just know and believe your in control, and you will be...

You can even, and should, bring this fear of the unknown and fearing the inability to not go 110% gonzo full steam ahead head first etc...

But, in reality we are in control over our experience, scale, time, and perception of reality...

From my interactions with you, and you lack of misdirected effort, you are very much a much more in control, level headed, well adjusted individual...

Most people will just deny there are any issues, and will not ever consider a physcholigist as a tool...

Remember one thing, only if you are fully thinking your sane, can you be insane...

Insanity is a break from reality, and you even worrying about that makes you by definition sane!

I feel you can, and will at some point, deal with the deep dark corners of you...Which is very good and healthy...

I'd say very few people ever fully even realize thier denials and even fewer still will deal with it...

Even knowing and admitting there are buried trauma in you catapults you beyond most "normal" people...

At your age, you should be very proud of the work, bravery, and fortitude to look in this area...it's not easy!

Anyhow, I still feel you know what's best, and are looking for justification...and there isn't anything wrong with that...

Just like getting a second opinion from a dr. It helps to bounce ideas off others and see what shakes out...

I'd say, print this thread, and either just give to your dr. Or use it to draft a plan or guide for her...

Quite often, me and most people, need some written guide to get us through the times it's easier to just ignore, if not outright deny it completely...

So, think about that, start with your dr right here with this area...

B

Hello

I hope I am understanding everything that has been said, and with that in mind my response is to be truthful with your therapist. I had some very guarder feelings about telling mine, so I changed from my primary therapist to my group therapist because I had way more time with her and felt see had much more information about me then my old primary. The time I told her was very slow and giving her details about why I was having problems (a binge cycle after an 8 year hiatus). To my surprise she had no adverse reaction to the Paraphilic Infantilism, and she went more into the PTSD that was the underlying issue.

Therefore I think it would do you good to tell your therapist and look more at the anger issues and health related events to help cage that "beast". Then help you move forward, without the worry about the loss of control over the anger.

I wish you the best of luck.

Egor