Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M4 Disappointment...

Default M4 Disappointment...

So I've been wanting for years now to try the abena m4. I always see people talking about them on other sites and you also see them in a lot of pics online. I finally ordered a pack of them along with a package of molicare super plus. They both arrived yesterday in the mail, so right away I go fir the m4. I liked the look and feel of them plus they are thicker then others I've tried in the past. But the tape tabs suck on them, they kept popping open on me. Hopefully when I try the molicare tomorrow they don't let me down.

I have never had a problem with Abena's tapes, only the lower tapes on Molicares, which always pop out on me. I think a lot of this, is an issue of the person's build.

I'm not very big myself, I bought the mediums and I only have a 29 inch waist. It was the top abs popping off, maybe its just a bad one and I'll have to try more.

It could be that when the tabs are right next to each other, they could have that tendency. Also, the latest batch has the blue art work slightly off center, so you have to go by where the padding is, in relation to your hips. That's the one issue I've been having with the latest batch, so I may end up with the ones from China (ABU, Bambino) for better quality control. One would think that Denmark would have it right, with their state of the art equipment. At least their products are better than most others on the market.

They really aren't a patch on what they used to be. When they were called Abena XPlus they were thicker, seemed to have a better fit and the tapes stuck better.

Quality is really variable now they are M4. I find theyt end to clump a lot if I wear them as a daytime diaper out and about. I do find that rubbing the tapes firmly helps make them stick though.

Molicare Super Plus are good, again rub the tapes a bit and they should stay stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    They really aren't a patch on what they used to be. When they were called Abena XPlus they were thicker, seemed to have a better fit and the tapes stuck better.

Quality is really variable now they are M4. I find theyt end to clump a lot if I wear them as a daytime diaper out and about. I do find that rubbing the tapes firmly helps make them stick though.

Molicare Super Plus are good, again rub the tapes a bit and they should stay stuck.
    I agree with blob, with the tabs you should rub them a little bit to warm them up after tapping it. By rubbing, it will warm up the glue and the tabs will stick better.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give them a try again I still have 13 left. Hopefully they are better then the first one.

Did you manage to get the (officially discontinued) plastic-backed ones? They're much better than the fake-cloth-backed type.

You should try the Abena bodystocking (adult-sized onesies) -- they keep everything in place and put less stress on the tapes. I haven't had any problem with the M4 tapes when used with the bodystocking.

Quote Originally Posted by paddedsissy View Post
    the tape tabs suck on them, they kept popping open on me.
    I made a thread on this last week- I reinforce the tapes with a small amount of superglue. Yeah I know it is a pain, but it will seal the tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    I made a thread on this last week- I reinforce the tapes with a small amount of superglue. Yeah I know it is a pain, but it will seal the tapes.
    Wow!

Superglue, that's hardcore!

Is this on the fabric ones?

Also, as for fit, I still prefer the molicare over abena...

B