Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are People really this cruel

Default Are People really this cruel

I was reading a story called how I became a teen baby (http://www.adisc.org/forum/stories/7...teen-baby.html) and I got me thinking of all these bully stereotypes and abuse stories that I here all the time. Basically some of the things that happen in the first two chapters alone are the main girl getting beaten up and called a retard (she has autism) and a girl poring milk on here head for not moving from the girls table.

I just want to know, does this level of bulling and misunderstanding really happen to people, like are people from other places really this mean and insensitive. back when I was in high school the closest thing we had to bulling was the occasion gossip story, something of the magnitude of the stuff this Avery character goes through every day we be shunned upon. people from where I come from would defender her and bullies like that would get in serious trouble or even expelled. are people really this misunderstanding In other places or do we simply like to exaggerate these things in media. and If so why do people do act so inhumanly to each other without anyone caring.

Quote Originally Posted by SicartheaSpikefan View Post
    I was reading a story called how I became a teen baby (http://www.adisc.org/forum/stories/7...teen-baby.html) and I got me thinking of all these bully stereotypes and abuse stories that I here all the time. Basically some of the things that happen in the first two chapters alone are the main girl getting beaten up and called a retard (she has autism) and a girl poring milk on here head for not moving from the girls table.

I just want to know, does this level of bulling and misunderstanding really happen to people, like are people from other places really this mean and insensitive. back when I was in high school the closest thing we had to bulling was the occasion gossip story, something of the magnitude of the stuff this Avery character goes through every day we be shunned upon. people from where I come from would defender her and bullies like that would get in serious trouble or even expelled. are people really this misunderstanding In other places or do we simply like to exaggerate these things in media. and If so why do people do act so inhumanly to each other without anyone caring.
    all i can say is yes some people are really this cruel. the worst type of people for this are kids. studys have proved that kids are cruel because they havent developed properly and there sence of right and wrong hasnt been fully developed yet.

on a second note tho if this has happened to kids i know from when i was at school and i was defending them, which also caused me to be bullied a bit too for sticking up for people that they were alas saying wernt people but dogs to be stepped on.

i find things that very wrong. i have beaten people up at school for saying things to me about my faily. if theres one thing that pushes y buttons so to speak is bad mouthing my family, you do that in front of me and im going to fucking flaten you.

society is messed up everywhere today. i too prefer the old days wehn you didnt have to lock your front doors and keep yur kids tied to your side all the time for fear of somone snatching them.

i used go to the cinima on my own at 10 these days no one would let there kids do that. we are going backwards as a species not forwards.

alright I am going to be honest and unfortunately this is going to be disturbing to you. I was bullied LIKE that it's just I happened to be huge in high school (I was 6'5" tall) and I happen to make "examples" of people even though I was mostly docile most of the time. yes the "retards" like me where not popular and because my parents kept me at home all the time and I could NOT develop socially. as a result I LITERALLY became the equivalent of a Grizzly bear that is afraid all the time and I did put people in the hospital because of it. The staff was no help because they actually just suspended ONLY me most of the time even though it was clearly self defense according to the law. I was never diagnosed with asperger syndrome until LONG after high school was over and I still have flashbacks and anger from that injustice. even my parents where of no help some kids actually threaten to shoot me once and tried to start a fight with me AFTER school. I was so furious at mom and dad refusing to press charges and because of their betrayal as well as the betrayal of the school I was in I would never trust them again and that is when I started to turn on them. honestly in retrospect I WISHED I could have gone to a BOOT CAMP for troubled youth because it would have been more structured and nicer I think. I still have flashbacks in fact just talking about it makes me furious and I can't help it either. yes I am having bad memories come up right now and I will not be able to talk on this thread again for a while because I am simply to hurt to be supportive right now so please forgive but all I can do at this point is just shut up for the sake of the community. This is not your fault SicartheaSpikefan it is my fault for being barely able to control so much anger.as for WHY this happens and people not caring well I think I should say that this only LOOKS more common place then you would think. In reality I think the level of bullying in the world is just BEING REPORTED more accurately and more often then it was in previous decades NOT increasing. tell me have you ever seen reports of bullying on the news back in the 80's when this was going on? as for the 90's when I was started to be bullied things CLEARLY went under reported usually but there where reports of a LIMITED nature going on that I did see on the news occasionally. the truth of the matter is though the ADULTS don't care because we have not taught ourselves HOW to prevent bullying and most people don't want to get involved because they are to afraid to do so.

Well sorry to say I have very little experience with school bullying seeing as I was home schooled but the years I did spend in school I was bullied some not to bad though thanks to my brother.But outside school I was bullied for many years at church of all places and I was bullied rather bad because I was small and kinda girly so I was an easy target for bullies and I got beat up and made fun of all the time.So the story isn't really exaggerated because it did and does still happen.I guess it's more about location than anything else

I was beat up and life was hell all my school years .
    Dropped out or kill my self started working at 16
    Its been a hard life I was hated by every one.
    Never tryed dating untill 38 and that was bad she was so mean at times .
    So all i have is being little helps me cope . Sorry have to not say more it hurts.

CrinklySiren

Oh yes. Make no mistake, this is just level one stuff. Bullying these days has become the definition of preparatory schools.. I was bullied all my life until sophomore year in highschool... and NO ONE would come to my aid or defend me, people would join in, it would be a big spectacle. And the principles and staff would scare so easily when the parents of the bullies would come in and justify their kids actions with some bullshit excuse. I tried to kill myself a few times and would come home crying every day.

If anyone has gone through bullying, i would urge you not to let it define you... I hear stories of people who become traumatized and live lives of complete distrust and fear... but by doing that, you are letting the bullies win. When i finally reached high school, i had taken enough shit from everyone, but i wasnt in the position or condition to be physically defending myself, so i used me ever so eloquent expertise in the english language to strike fear into their simple minded lives >=) I said some fucked up things and a lot of people thought of me as the total bitch of the school, but the simplicity of the matter was that I was a total sweetheart as long as you didnt fuck with me. I got beat up, verbally abused, not defended by anyone, deemed crazy or disabled by psyhchologists and given pills that did nothing because they were meant to be used for a certain disability which i did not even have. In the end you just have to be strong and tread through the mud, but might as well let them all think that you are psychotic so they never mess with you. I had plenty of friends in high school of all sorts from the popular to the not so popular, and they would talk nothing but good things about me... but all the bullies in the school, even the ones who could instantly decimate me, they KNEW not to open their mouths or i would tear into their soul with just a few words.

Sorry to sound so intense lol I just really hate bullying >=( I have no patience for that weak minded shit of a tactic used by the ignorant and that intolerant. But as I said before, if anyone who has been bullied sees this, please dont let it define your life... because thats what they wanted to achieve and by letting it control you with fear, you let them win. Show them you are stronger than them by standing up and waving your "fuck it" flag loudly and proudly.

Yes it does happen. I have heard it a lot online in the autism forums about how bad their bullying was they got. Mine was never that bad but may have gotten that bad if we didn't move. Plus schools don't always follow the IEPs and there is a law about it and schools don't follow it. I think some kids are better off getting home schooled or going to a special school but that isn't always an option and there is a law that kids have to go to school so what choice do parents have?

You don't need to be autistic to get that bullying.

Wow I'm really sorry that so many of you had to go through this stuff, I mean I always heard a few stories but I'm amazed that nearly everyone on here had a bad experience with bulling (the worst I got was stuff like the occasion elementary school fist fight) I wont ask more of you since It sounds like it really hurt. I'm so much more proud and glad that I grew up where I did as apposed to a place with so many bullies. I'm still just shocked that people would actually do this, I just hope this trend stops soon.

Well sadly I doubt the trend will end anytime soon because there will always be kids who are easy targets and people who prey on those easy targets and bullying really transcends age it just changes names.But that isn't to say we shouldn't try to minimize the amount of bullying that goes on in and out of schools because that is something anyone who was bullied should want to do so that no one has to go through what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by YAHLD View Post
    Well sadly I doubt the trend will end anytime soon because there will always be kids who are easy targets and people who prey on those easy targets and bullying really transcends age it just changes names.But that isn't to say we shouldn't try to minimize the amount of bullying that goes on in and out of schools because that is something anyone who was bullied should want to do so that no one has to go through what they did.
    I was ok then when i was48 it happend in the work place the guy was a new hire and he was not tall he would pick a fight with any one even the forman he told me he would get me fired he did i was there 11 years.
    took him 4 years pulling stuff until he got it done.
    Had a break down still not over it. Never talked to any one to get help now I just making 200.00 a week to poor he did my life in.