Thread: Nuk pacis

Red face Nuk pacis

I recently bought some nuk 3 silicone pacis on amazon and it seems like they're slightly bigger than the latex kind! would anyone be able to confirm this? I really hope it's not just the white that's making it look bigger...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	19258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	19258

I think they are the same as the latex. Or maybe the latex is ever so slightly bigger than silicone. In the end, they seem even to me.

Silicone can be a bit annoying. The ridge on them binding the 2 segments of the nipple is so clearly obvious to the touch in your mouth.

i dont what type my pacie is but i kow it is quite rubbery so maybe a letaex one ?

im not really fussy and the one i have dos me fine but everyone has differant tastes i guess.

This could just be me but those dont look like the right size to me. they look like 2s but also the latex will get bigger with use it take awhile but it happens trust me. I love nuks also ive always used them.

The small differences in the teats are the results of the manufacturer of the teats. There are two basic methods of molding them. There is compression molding where you will see the part lines where the two halves
    of the mold come together. The other process is injection molding where the fluid latex or silicone is injected into a cavity under pressure to fill the space to create the teat. There probably aren't that many rubber
    company's in the US that due custom molding anymore. Back in the 1960's I worked for a custom rubber company in So Cal but we didn't due any food or med grade molding. We did though make a lot of tires for
    Petersen Baby Products in LA.