Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unexplainable Things

Default Unexplainable Things

Anyone else have scars they have no explanation for. I found that I have some big scars that I have no explanation for. It made me curious if scarring can occur naturally or not.. I seriously doubt it can because of it's basic definition but, thanks for the help.

This happens to me as well, and I wish I knew what did this. I sadly have no answer for you or myself, but maybe some can bring some light on the subject.

Well,

I've got lots of scars from lots of things...

Some I have no idea...but I've been hurt a few times sleepwalking...get up and take a shower to get going, and it's a bit red...

Others I've just forgotten...

Others every time I see them, I know exactly what happened, in all the vivid memory that won't ever fade!

B

OK, options!

Some people are prone to keloids, which is where an injury's scar tissue grows bigger and/or way more noticeable than it should. Keloids are best known for being a possible complication of piercings. Sometimes they look like big lumps or globules, and sometimes just big raised patches.

There is also a peculiar skin disorder where all the pigment in a patch of skin disappears, leaving it pale white but normal to the touch. It's call vitiligo. This is most noticeable on people with dark skin, because the lack of pigment stands out more, but it happens on people with very pale skin too (like me!). You say the scars are "big" but not "raised/obvious," so I'm mentioning this just in case, because it can absolutely appear out of nowhere! And on some people it can easily be mistaken for scarring.

However, it's also possible that you just got injured and don't remember it/didn't notice it at the time. I have a couple of those too. If it was somewhere you don't normally look at (like your back), possibly you felt it when it happened, but it didn't look too bad so you just forgot about it until it healed; meanwhile it was scarring.

But, some people just scar really easily. Maybe they don't get enough silica... or vitamin C! (since those two affect skin healing and collagen and stuff)

Wow,

Never even thought of any of the explanations FaennaJo brought up...

I'm a pale face myself...but, I have lots of scars...this old body has been through a lot of trauma over the last 41...

Well, I hope you figure it out...I know it's unnerving to have unknow scars and such...

B

Possible, like I know they are scars, I just don't know how on earth I got them, they are in the strangest places. Places that are just really inconvenient for a scar to be located on.

Starange stuff. Just like this one time when I woke up and I had a pore on my face bleeding. Not a lot of blood, but it was certainly strange nonetheless.

i contantly wake up and find marks i didnt have when i went o sleep. i guess it must be coz of me scratching in my sleep.

or soetimes i wake up and fid a bit of blood on my pillow and i can never find out where its come from, thats a bit strange !!

There is always the possibility that you have been abducted by aliens, and they experimented on you, and upon your return and awakening, you have new wounds that you have no reason for having... lol Stranger things have happened apparently! (kiddin' of course)
    Seriously, most likely some kind of skin or pigment condition is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
    There is always the possibility that you have been abducted by aliens, and they experimented on you, and upon your return and awakening, you have new wounds that you have no reason for having... lol Stranger things have happened apparently! (kiddin' of course)
    Seriously, most likely some kind of skin or pigment condition is to blame.
    or whe the aliesns took you up in there spaceship they experimented with you and took organs and things out and changed them around.

or maybe put some kind of parasite inside you.

haha