Thread: Diaper withdraw

Default Diaper withdraw

For us ab/dl do you think we can suffer from a degree of withdraw without diapers. Most of us use our diapers as a stress relief, so I think maybe without we would suffer from added stress from the lack of our stress aids.

Hello

Not necessarily. Going without is totally different from purging.

I personally can go for some times without want for the diapers, but the need part is based on stress situations. The all consuming pressure of the binge and purge cycle is something entirely different.

I did not necessarily want the diapers when I went for 8 years without being active. But when the binge cycle started I was consumed by thoughts, dreams, guilt, anxiety, etc.

Now with my self acceptance and understanding I have an easier time controlling the desire and keeping a balance in my life. With this and the help of my therapist we have turned it into a coping mechanism, and the need is easier to control when I couple it with the why questions.

Egor

To be honest, if I was not a DL I would be using something else as stress relief. Perhaps it would be smoking, drinking or drugs. I will never know. I don't smoke, I hardly drink a drop and drugs are a no-no.

Sometimes they're not always in the budget. I can wear for seven months straight and go seven months without wearing them. For me, the main center of the "addiction" is the need for attention. I wear and use them, but I always make sure that someone else knows I'm wearing them, or that I'm buying them for myself. Or that when I'm changing, it's always possible for someone to "catch" me as I'm throwing the diaper out.

I really don't believe in this "Thank God I'm into diapers, so I'll never be doing drugs/alcohol/tobacco" thing because, frankly, that's just a very dumb thing to say and there are enough people who do several or all of the above simultaneously. Not to mention that some people actually specifically enjoy the combination of these "vices".

Anyway... I'm not sure if diaper withdrawal is the best word for it, but I think there is something to it.
    I can do without diapers just fine for extended periods of time, but at some point I'll want to put one on and use it.
    After that some obscure part of me that escapes definition tends to be very satisfied and relaxed.

I wouldn't go as far as calling that an addiction (although in some people it might manifest as such).
    But I'd totally agree with there being some underlying need.
    Then again, I suppose that's what defines a fetish, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bongolino View Post
    I really don't believe in this "Thank God I'm into diapers, so I'll never be doing drugs/alcohol/tobacco" thing because, frankly, that's just a very dumb thing to say and there are enough people who do several or all of the above simultaneously. Not to mention that some people actually specifically enjoy the combination of these "vices".

Anyway... I'm not sure if diaper withdrawal is the best word for it, but I think there is something to it.
    I can do without diapers just fine for extended periods of time, but at some point I'll want to put one on and use it.
    After that some obscure part of me that escapes definition tends to be very satisfied and relaxed.

I wouldn't go as far as calling that an addiction (although in some people it might manifest as such).
    But I'd totally agree with there being some underlying need.
    Then again, I suppose that's what defines a fetish, isn't it?
    This makes sense to me. I do enjoy some stress relief as a result of taking part in ABDL activities, but that's not because it's the only thing that gets the job done. Many things that I enjoy burn off stress, so that's not typically a reason I would want some ABDL fun.

There is an itch it scratches but I think it's distinct from general stress and as long as I accept it as a legitimate desire and give it ample mental attention, my need for physical accessories can be held off indefinitely (on the order of years, at least) without harm. My life is much more pleasant with them, bit they are ultimately a luxury as long as my head is on straight. I don't see diapers or ABDL activities as serving an addiction or like a medical need; it's something altogether different.