Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornado in Paducah Ky like 20 min ago

Default Tornado in Paducah Ky like 20 min ago

Ok we just in the last 20 min got the First Tornado in over 90 years to hit downtown paducah which is weird as they tend to stay away from the rivers and bodies of water this twister crossed over the river on the ground went right across a bridge but anyways i thought it was a cool circumstance not the first tornado i have seen up close but it is the first time ive ever seen one cross water.

I hope everyone is ok and there was not too much property damage.

Where I live they are really rare too. I am in California.
    I seen one try to form over the ocean a several years ago.

I hope all is okay too tho.

Well,

They are somewhat rare over area like Paducah but not impossible...

Where I live we are sheltered from the urban heat mass from Minneapolis and I'm right off the river valley as well...

Just the other side of the river valley it's vary common for twisters...

Living in the Midwest...I've seen plenty...used to chase for fun many years ago...

Luckly, I've never had one at my house...

B

We get wind sheers here in Virginia which do almost as much damage. We had one a year and a half ago, and it leveled a number of houses, one down my street. I've been in a tornado in Ohio. It hit the church were I was playing for a voice lesson. Fortunately, it lifted up just as it approached the church, sparing us. It blew apart the bank, a couple of blocks away, and lifted 7 cars from the Oldsmobile dealership and dumped them in the Cuyahoga River.

I hope everyone is safe from this series of tornadoes.

I was finally able to get hold of my family that lives in Central Illinois. Washington, IL and the surrounding areas. All of my family is safe. Just no power currently ... Looks like CILCO will have some work to do. My prayers are going out to everyone in these areas.

There were a few over turned trailers but nothing major it mostly went through the industrial area

Quote Originally Posted by dragon9981 View Post
    I was finally able to get hold of my family that lives in Central Illinois. Washington, IL and the surrounding areas. All of my family is safe. Just no power currently ... Looks like CILCO will have some work to do. My prayers are going out to everyone in these areas.

That was quite something. Here in the Chicago suburbs we had a bit of a blow, but nothing severe where I happen to be. Bears-Ravens game delayed for two hours when it looked like tornadic activity was aiming for downtown Chicago.

Possible odd thing, found a piece of tarpaper (like you'd use under shingles on a roof) in my back yard late Sunday afternoon. Thinking that the wind might have been worse than I thought, I did a quick walkaround to check my roof. Nothing.

I've since heard news reports of people all over the Chicago metro area finding bank statements, pictures and other debris from Washington, IL. Bear in mind that's a couple hours drive to the southwest.