Thread: Assassins creed Black Flag

Default Assassins creed Black Flag

ok Two more days and my copy will release. i really can't wait. ive been playing alot of Assassins Creed 3 to warm up my skills. who here has it for PS or Xbox? is it really living up to the hype?

I have all the console Assassin's Creed games rated as such, from best to worst (in my opinion): AC2, ACB, AC4, ACR, AC, AC3. So yeah, it's pretty good.

I have all the assassins creeds except the new black flag but I can't wait to get to get it

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    from best to worst (in my opinion): AC2, ACB, AC4, ACR, AC, AC3.
    my rating would be as such AC3, AC2, Ac, ACB, ACR would be always dead last i bought it for 30$ and gave it away for free two days later as i was ultimatly disgusted with it. Revalations was an alltime Low Point in ubisofts career it was beyond horrible in my opinion . my favorite up till now is Assassins Creed 3 more for the envirnment setting and Player Charecter's nationality story sucked but everything else was top notch.

i am really looking forward to Black Flag as it takes place in my favorite time period with my favorite people. Golden age of Piracy.

I always saw AC3 as the lowest trough: There was so much that they got wrong with that game that was done right in previous games. If I told you everything I found wrong with AC3, you'd be reading a dictionary, so I'll just leave it at "To each his own". But still, I don't think you'll find AC4 in any way disappointing.

like i said AC4 Takes place with my favorite people and Region of the World and My All time favorite Time Period. i am a huge Piracey fan i love all the pirates and sea fareing myths that game could very well replace Assassins creed 3 as my Favorite in the Franchize and possibly replace Skyrim as my all time favorite new Game period.

This is a tough one. sort of. Not really.
    AC1 was the most challenging, but repetitive.
    AC2 had the best setting, or at least prettiest. I do wish it had the offensive fighting that brotherhood onward has.
    Brotherhood was good, offensive fighting made it better.
    Revelations was just terrible, horrible, grotesque. Bad. (mind I did like the brief part where the templar society was in a huge cavern)

AC3... well. animals were good... Naval stuff was fun, and I did like that the Desmond side got (mostly) concluded. the rest kinda felt weak.

Aaand Black Flag.
    I love Pirates, being a pirate was fun. BUT.
    Storyline really did suck (and didn't finish), fighting style was broken (I wanna swing my swords at random, also dual swords kinda felt like a useless gimmick that made kills take 30+ strokes). And the outside animus stry. Just no. not done well at all.
    But but but. Pirates.

Anyways each to their own. My only real beef is that Ubisoft messed with the Prince of Persia Trilogy!! grrr!!!!!!!
    so I have become somewhat biased against Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed is an interesting franchise because it goes from soaring heights to terrible lows and occasionally lands somewhere in between.

Obligatory "this is my opinion" statement to begin and let's get to it.

Number one being my favourite and number six being one of my worst gaming experiences to date XD

1. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    2. Assassin's Creed II
    3. Assassin's Creed Revelations
    4. Assassin's Creed
    5. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    6. Assassin's Creed III

1. and 2. are fairly interchangeable for me

I seriously disliked AC3 (as much as one can a video game), and much like what Clandestine said earlier, I really can't get into the pages of problems that game had without writing an entire book on its shortcomings.

That being said, it did introduce the awesome naval system that was developed and expanded hugely upon in AC4, so some small thanks are in order.

I feel Revelations gets way too much of a bad rap. It was an excellently structured game. If all you cared about was killing Templars in bad-ass ways then sure I can see why you didn't appreciate it, but if you cared about the characters involved and the more personal story it really was something special.

That Tower Defense mini-game though... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    I feel Revelations gets way too much of a bad rap. It was an excellently structured game. If all you cared about was killing Templars in bad-ass ways then sure I can see why you didn't appreciate it, but if you cared about the characters involved and the more personal story it really was something special.
    Oh my God, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post

That Tower Defense mini-game though... ugh.
    ive tried looking at that game from every angle and can't seem to find a single good thing about it like yall with 3 i can write an entire book about what i dont like in that game it was horrible.

and assassins creed 4 was fliping amazing my favorite yet i just finished getting 100% on the game

i still fail to see where people dislike AC 3, maybe im biased being american but it brought in alot that i really liked but once again the story sucked compleatly but i loved everything else