Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hello!

  1. #1

    Default Hello!

    Hi there! I'm glad to be here at ADISC now, as I am looking forward to meeting more people similar to me who share my interests.

    Where should I start? I am not yet quite sure where on this spectrum that I fall on. For about a year or so now my steady boyfriend and I have been working at a Caregiver/little relationship. At first it was simply a way for me to be more carefree and silly, but as time goes on, I notice that I am regressing further and further back in age. I love pacis and stuffies and adorable little clothes (although I am quite tall and plus size, which makes it hard to fit into some of those >.<) and I have even considered getting into diapers, but that is something we're still discussing at the moment.

    My nickname here actually happens to be the name of one of my stuffies, which leads me into my interests outside of my "little" world:

    I enjoy a wide variety of things:
    1: I'm a history buff and a royal watcher. Ever since I was young, I have been interested in the royal families of the past, especially and most importantly the last imperial family of Russia (AKA the Romanovs) and I still do tons of reading and conversing about them
    2: I do work in Photoshop. I run a blog on Tumblr and have loads of fun making graphics to be uploaded there. I also have a deviantArt, on which I post originally black and white photos that I have brought to color through work on Photoshop - Romanovs come in here again.
    3: I love whales in general, but I have a special connection with orcas. I hope that one day I'll be living in Washington and researching them in the wild. I am anti-captivity and greatly disagree with the actions of $eaWorld and other marine parks that tell lies about these magnificent animals and want you to believe that riding on their backs is a great and special educational experience!
    4: As you may have guessed from that, I am very opinionated and outspoken. However, while I am hardly ever afraid to speak what's on my mind, I try to take care with my manners and not hurt anyone in the process. (Although if I'm being honest, I have very, very, *very* little patience for pro-captivity people).
    5: I enjoy writing and constantly have little stories floating around in my mind. My boyfriend and I like to partake in personal non-sexual roleplays with each other in order to strengthen our writing skills and let our imaginations run wild.
    6: Other languages and cultures fascinate me to no end. I am an avid watcher of Indian cinema or "Bollywood". While whales are my great love and I would truly enjoy spending the rest of my life working with them, anthropology is my other great love. Finding out what make people tick and studying the way our cultures and beliefs have evolved over time stimulates me to no end.
    7: I love to crochet and knit! I am still very much a beginner at this and have not even been doing so for a year, but I am steadily moving along and in fact just completed my first hat today.
    8: I love television even more than movies. I have several favorite shows and watch them on a regular basis: Game Of Thrones, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Sons Of Anarchy, Downton Abbey, Once Upon A Time, Legend of the Seeker, The Tudors, The White Queen and so on and so on...
    9: I also love "little" shows, with My Little Pony, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Spongebob Squarepants being my absolute favorites. As for my favorite pony, it's a toss up between Rarity and Fluttershy as I am very much like both of them.
    10: Finally, I am an avid reader and enjoy anything by Jodi Picoult, the ASOIAF series and the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

    Phew, that was a lot of typing. I hope that I have provided an ample amount of information that will hopefully make you feel like you know me a little now.

  2. #2

    Default

    Hello OlgaTheOrca and welcome to the group.

    This is a very well written and informative introduction.

    My one nickname is the tiny oceanic manatee. I to am a plus size individual but when I scuba dive I move like a seal in the water. I have had the opportunity to see a small pod of Orca and dolphins in the San Juan Islands when I was on a dive trip.

    I will be looking forward to talking to you about some of your interests in the future. I have also spent 15 months on the Hopi Indian Reservation and got an education that I could not get in any college class about several aspects of science and sociology.

    Plus as a farm boy I would be interested to hear the full aspect of your beliefs on captive animals.

    Again welcome to the group.

    Egor.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hello Egor, nice to meet you.

    I'm very glad (and jealous) to hear that you have had the opportunity to see orcas in the wild!

    As for my beliefs on animals in captivity, I believe that some animals such as domesticated cats and dogs are just fine there. My main problem with animals such as cetaceans and other highly intelligent animals such as elephants being in captivity is that they are too aware. Orcas have such strong, well developed family ties and here we go and take them away from them and the ocean. To me, it's the same as kidnapping a little kid. It's just simply wrong in my mind...

    As far as farm animals go, I am currently on the fence and trying to decide for myself. I have battled with the idea of becoming vegetarian but I have a hard time with that one... I know people where I live that own farms and treat their animals well and those are the farms I support. What bothers me is the giant meat farms and industries that have their animals living in deplorable conditions until it is time to kill them. The way they cut off their tails and castrate them with no anesthesia? That is just cruel. That is where I have a problem with that.

    Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.

  4. #4

    Default

    Hiya, Orca, welcome aboard! I hope you have fun here.
    I have to ask, since you are into ASoIaF: Who is your favorite character? Love Downton Abbey, too. I wonder where they'll take it now after the last season finale (AUGH)? And what's the Black Dagger Brotherhood?
    Last edited by YankeeFox; 18-Nov-2013 at 01:56. Reason: speling is improtant

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by OlgaTheOrca View Post
    Hello Egor, nice to meet you.

    I'm very glad (and jealous) to hear that you have had the opportunity to see orcas in the wild!

    As for my beliefs on animals in captivity, I believe that some animals such as domesticated cats and dogs are just fine there. My main problem with animals such as cetaceans and other highly intelligent animals such as elephants being in captivity is that they are too aware. Orcas have such strong, well developed family ties and here we go and take them away from them and the ocean. To me, it's the same as kidnapping a little kid. It's just simply wrong in my mind...

    As far as farm animals go, I am currently on the fence and trying to decide for myself. I have battled with the idea of becoming vegetarian but I have a hard time with that one... I know people where I live that own farms and treat their animals well and those are the farms I support. What bothers me is the giant meat farms and industries that have their animals living in deplorable conditions until it is time to kill them. The way they cut off their tails and castrate them with no anesthesia? That is just cruel. That is where I have a problem with that.

    Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.
    Hello

    Thank you for the response. I am of a like mind. It is hard to give them the full aspect of their native environment to keep them healthy in all aspects. Just doing it for entertainment is one thing and rehabilitation is totally different. I had several opportunities to "Kayko" (if that is how it was spelled) and watch his health improve.

    I have other experiences that I would love to talk to you about at some time.

    Egor

  6. #6

    Default

    Nice to know another fan of the Orca!!! I've always had an attachment to killer whales and have always felt they are magnificent creatures that don't deserve to be in captivity. I had been a long-time fan of SeaWorld but over the years I've felt that they should be in the wild. Welcome to ADISC.

    WildThing121675

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by OlgaTheOrca View Post
    Hi there! I'm glad to be here at ADISC now, as I am looking forward to meeting more people similar to me who share my interests.

    Where should I start? I am not yet quite sure where on this spectrum that I fall on. For about a year or so now my steady boyfriend and I have been working at a Caregiver/little relationship. At first it was simply a way for me to be more carefree and silly, but as time goes on, I notice that I am regressing further and further back in age. I love pacis and stuffies and adorable little clothes (although I am quite tall and plus size, which makes it hard to fit into some of those >.<) and I have even considered getting into diapers, but that is something we're still discussing at the moment.

    My nickname here actually happens to be the name of one of my stuffies, which leads me into my interests outside of my "little" world:

    I enjoy a wide variety of things:
    1: I'm a history buff and a royal watcher. Ever since I was young, I have been interested in the royal families of the past, especially and most importantly the last imperial family of Russia (AKA the Romanovs) and I still do tons of reading and conversing about them
    2: I do work in Photoshop. I run a blog on Tumblr and have loads of fun making graphics to be uploaded there. I also have a deviantArt, on which I post originally black and white photos that I have brought to color through work on Photoshop - Romanovs come in here again.
    3: I love whales in general, but I have a special connection with orcas. I hope that one day I'll be living in Washington and researching them in the wild. I am anti-captivity and greatly disagree with the actions of $eaWorld and other marine parks that tell lies about these magnificent animals and want you to believe that riding on their backs is a great and special educational experience!
    4: As you may have guessed from that, I am very opinionated and outspoken. However, while I am hardly ever afraid to speak what's on my mind, I try to take care with my manners and not hurt anyone in the process. (Although if I'm being honest, I have very, very, *very* little patience for pro-captivity people).
    5: I enjoy writing and constantly have little stories floating around in my mind. My boyfriend and I like to partake in personal non-sexual roleplays with each other in order to strengthen our writing skills and let our imaginations run wild.
    6: Other languages and cultures fascinate me to no end. I am an avid watcher of Indian cinema or "Bollywood". While whales are my great love and I would truly enjoy spending the rest of my life working with them, anthropology is my other great love. Finding out what make people tick and studying the way our cultures and beliefs have evolved over time stimulates me to no end.
    7: I love to crochet and knit! I am still very much a beginner at this and have not even been doing so for a year, but I am steadily moving along and in fact just completed my first hat today.
    8: I love television even more than movies. I have several favorite shows and watch them on a regular basis: Game Of Thrones, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Sons Of Anarchy, Downton Abbey, Once Upon A Time, Legend of the Seeker, The Tudors, The White Queen and so on and so on...
    9: I also love "little" shows, with My Little Pony, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Spongebob Squarepants being my absolute favorites. As for my favorite pony, it's a toss up between Rarity and Fluttershy as I am very much like both of them.
    10: Finally, I am an avid reader and enjoy anything by Jodi Picoult, the ASOIAF series and the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

    Phew, that was a lot of typing. I hope that I have provided an ample amount of information that will hopefully make you feel like you know me a little now.
    wow what a great introduction there olgatheorca.

    so i guess im abit late to welcome you to adisc huh ? i guess ill do so anyway just to say hi.


    so yeah welcome to adisc i hope you have fun here and get what you need from the site. we are a friendly grou of people who are here because of one common interest but also to meet others lie ourself so i hoppe to see you engageing in the community with the rest of us.

    that is all :p

    Tennismad

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Nice to know another fan of the Orca!!! I've always had an attachment to killer whales and have always felt they are magnificent creatures that don't deserve to be in captivity. I had been a long-time fan of SeaWorld but over the years I've felt that they should be in the wild. Welcome to ADISC.

    WildThing121675
    i dont think thaat any animal that is desingned to be free nd live in the wild should be caged. to be caged is to be lie a slave.


    as an animal lover of allanimals eve the ones that could eat me ! lol.

    i dont lie spiders for example but i still think that there aimals who should live in the wild.


    it breaks my heaart to hear about animals being abused or mistreated or hted for the horns and what not.

    its just wrong and not fair on the animal period.

    Tennismad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.