Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there

Default Hello there

I suppose I'll introduce myself.

I'm an office peon, with a rather boring job. But hey, it pays the bills.

I don't really know when I started liking diapers, I have memories as far back as early childhood of wanting to wear them. I find them very comforting now. I consider myself just DL, not really an AB, but it is sometimes fun to pretend.

Aside from that, I quite enjoy gaming, both video and tabletop. My friends and and play D&D type games every week, and tabletop miniature wargames. I also like reading, going to anime/sci-fi conventions, and sewing.

I've been lurking for awhile, but I figured it was time to at least say something, I already feel at home here

So, hello!

Hello Fluffybum and welcome to the group.

This is a very nice introduction. I do not think that it matters whether you say hello sooner or later. The important part is that you are here to be with us.

Again welcome.

Awesome, more tabletop gamers!
    I wonder if there's a group for that yet? (Not that I have much time to run one, heehee). What are your favorite systems? I usually play pathfinder or 3.5. I've played a bit of 40k, too but I can't see myself buying an army...
    What's the best thing you've read this year? I'm on the hunt for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybum View Post
    I'm an office peon, with a rather boring job. Well here's a bit of a song for you

I consider myself just DL, not really an AB, but it is sometimes fun to pretend.
    YAY, More of us.

Aside from that, I quite enjoy gaming, both video and tabletop. My friends and and play D&D type games every week, and tabletop miniature wargames. I also like reading, going to anime/sci-fi conventions, and sewing.
    Ah yes, the fandoms. Console/PC gaming and table top stuff, with character sheets , or using miniatures is common fare round these parts. Same with anime, sf, cartoons (whacks of us are MLP fans)

I already feel at home here
    As well you should. We have not only members into any specific thing under the sun you care to name, but probably the majority of us are "fannish" like yourself.
    So, hello!
    Hello right back atcha!

heck...yes.

we share a lot of interests and it will be great having you on the site with us! well, I guess you've been here a while, but it's nice to hear from you! What version D&D do you play? I've only played 4e, but it is hecka fun.

I haven't actually played D&D in probably 10 years, but I figured that was the most recognizable one to mention! We've played all sorts, so I can't really say what my favorite system is. Right now, we're doing a Superheroes and a Warhammer campaign (It's a custom setting, 50k, using the Deathwatch book as a base). I've a couple 40k armies, and they are so expensive, but it's fun, so I'll gladly spend the money on it when I have extra.

As for best thing I've read this year... hm... There's a series of books by Trudi Canavan - the Black Magician Trilogy, and a trilogy that follows it that I love. Couldn't put them down once I picked them up.

I'm so glad you could join us fluffybum! I too enjoy gaming and D&D role-playing type games. I have a good group of friends that we would get together over our school breaks to play. I also love playing video games especially retro NES, SNES, exc. I also like playing arcade games! Pac-Man is my most favorite and the one I'm best at. speaking of anime cons one time They had a pac-man machine and I beat eveyone I played! And got the high score on the machine then beat it again! X) I would love to get to know more about you! Oh and welcome to ADISC!

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybum View Post
    I haven't actually played D&D in probably 10 years, but I figured that was the most recognizable one to mention! We've played all sorts, so I can't really say what my favorite system is. Right now, we're doing a Superheroes and a Warhammer campaign (It's a custom setting, 50k, using the Deathwatch book as a base). I've a couple 40k armies, and they are so expensive, but it's fun, so I'll gladly spend the money on it when I have extra.

As for best thing I've read this year... hm... There's a series of books by Trudi Canavan - the Black Magician Trilogy, and a trilogy that follows it that I love. Couldn't put them down once I picked them up.
    Yahoo! I'll go look those up right now.

What are your armies? Maybe I'll build a Waagh someday (Orkz iz fun fer playin') when I have money, but I think my other interests would probably pillage that fund. Is Deathwatch the 40k RPG?

It's great to have you with us fluffy*!

*(I'm not going to call you "bum.")

I've got two armies, Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle, both decently sized though when we play our really big games I have to combine the two. One of my friends has Orkz, but not too many of them, so they aren't often used. I'd recommend scouring ebay for it. My Knights were all bought retail, but my Sisters are from ebay and I've paid about half of retail for those.

Deathwatch is indeed a 40k RPG. There's some other books, like Rogue Trader, and others that I'm forgetting, depends on what you want to play as.

And I'm totally ok with being called fluffy =)

Hey, this was a good time to check in! Okay, I'll look in to secondhand models.
    Grey Knights and Sisters do all kinds of weird stuff, right? I can't remember them as well as Vanilla or Ultramarines. I like playing Orks becuz oi git ter talk like vis ve 'ole toim oi'm playin', hurr hurr. Ovver'n vat, um, Other than that, I don't get many advantages from playign Xenos, but I think I have more fun that way. I've won a few pickup games though... you play at a hobby shop or something?