Thread: The Returned - TV Show

Default The Returned - TV Show

Has anyone else been watching "The Returned" on Sundance Channel?

I started watching it, when it premiered here in the US around Halloween. I know it originally aired in France in 2012 and aired in the UK earlier this year.

I'm loving it so much. I can barely wait each week until the next episode airs. I'm a big fan of the horror genre. I don't really see this show as being scary, but I got sucked in with previews for it. They showed the previews for it during commercial breaks of The Walking Dead and American Horror Story.

Please if you are in France or the UK, no spoilers.

I was intrigued by the commericals but I've managed to miss every episode. I was disappointed to see that it doesn't appear in my on-demand list for later viewing. I'll probably just wind up catching it later on Netflix.

Saw it when the series aired in the UK. Very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I was intrigued by the commericals but I've managed to miss every episode. I was disappointed to see that it doesn't appear in my on-demand list for later viewing. I'll probably just wind up catching it later on Netflix.
    You should watch when it comes on Netflix. It's really good. I've been trying to get some of my RL friends to watch it, but haven't been successful just yet. It's one of those shows that has several stories happening all at once. It's easy to get sucked into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forced View Post
    Saw it when the series aired in the UK. Very good!
    It's just one season right? They didn't do any more? So I guess they wrap up the story at the end, hopefully it wasn't one of those shows that was cancelled, so I'm left with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    It's just one season right? They didn't do any more? So I guess they wrap up the story at the end, hopefully it wasn't one of those shows that was cancelled, so I'm left with questions.
    I don't really want to say too much but yes you will have questions and it may lead to a second season.

It seems to me that more and more shows are doing this, I have just finished the first seasons of Revolution and The Dome, both ended on cliff hangers to tee up a new series. So you watch more than a dozen episodes for no answer.
    I s'pose it means that the shows writers don't have to worry about a climax as they'll keep writing until the show cancelled