Thread: My Abena Abri-Form M4 will not leak.

Default My Abena Abri-Form M4 will not leak.

I am well aware that a leaky diaper is goddamn annoying... but since discovering the Abena M4, I am actually struggling to overwhelm this diaper.

This diaper has got to be the most thirsty diaper I have ever come across.

I wet it twice before bedtime last night at 11pm, then again at 7.30am when I woke up. I wet it twice more when I was at the seaside today, once more at the shopping center, and lastly when I got home.

The wettings listed above lasted from 5 to 12 seconds approx. I wouldnt normally wear the same diaper for 15+ hours as the urine smell starts to get to me, but through all of those wettings, I had no leaks. Not even a drop.

I have taken the diaper off now as I have been wearing it too long and I did not want to get a rash or stink like piss all day. For the record, I did not poop in it.

Every other diaper I have tried, I have leaked through at some point or another. But not this one. Abena you thirsty little devil.

I pee through them often overnight, to keep a dry bed I slip them down and pee in the toilet around 4AM. Dry 24/7s and Tena slip hold much more. It is sad how the M-4s pale in comparison to the X-Plus they replaced.

Your liquid intake may be a bit too low, I normally get an Abena M4 to the leaking point in 6 hours or less when I'm wearing it on its own (without boosters and/or plastic pants), unless I've been drinking less than normal, in which case it might last a bit more. 15+ hours is what I normally achieve when I'm using an abri-let booster inside it and wearing plastic pants. Speaking by experience, being around in just an M4 when I'm planning to stay out for more than 3/4 hours means ending up with wet spots on my pants more likely than not xD

@Nam Repaid: strangely enough, I don't find that big of a difference thirstyness-wise from the old X-Pluses (of which I still have some around) and the current M4s, with the difference that M4s have a way better fit on me which actually improves their performance ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    This diaper has got to be the most thirsty diaper I have ever come across
    Hmmm... How do they compare to Molicares?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf93 View Post
    Hmmm... How do they compare to Molicares?
    The wicking doesn't seem to be as good, but the abena seems to have a somewhat higher level of absorbency.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    The wicking doesn't seem to be as good, but the abena seems to have a somewhat higher level of absorbency.
    I'd say using 95% of the entire diaper is great wicking. Molicare super pluses can't even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Yeah. The abena will absorb a lot in the immediate area where it was wet, and then I'll find it on the verge of leaking while the back is still perfectly dry. Molicares don't hold as much per square inch, but they wick so well that the back will usually be quite wet by the time it gets to the point of leaking. Basically they have the same amount of effective absorbency, but accomplish it it different ways.

I find M4's still to be the king of the road when it comes to capacity, but it will fail when lying down. I have yet to find one that works well when lying down, especially on my stomach or back (I won't even bother with side sleeping and wetting). I often have leaks around the waist when I get up. If used correctly, properly sized, and standing up, they have in my opinion, unmatched capacity.