Thread: childhood puppy love

Default childhood puppy love

Ever had a childhood crush, that you just adored?

There was a place that i lived in for about two years when i was in first and second grade, and there was a girl named Stephanie, who i just adored. When we moved i think i was actually really heavily effected. I had actually written a secret love note to her, and then hid it in an item, in a place that i had considered secret.

Now i'm 24 and a few months ago or so, I actually found myself looking at my elementary school book to find her full name, and then look for her. I think that part of my sub conscientious is still endlessly in love with her,

Have you ever found yourself a little bit obsessed with maybe being able to find that childhood crush ever again?

Yes. But I think it is pointless and creepy to do anything besides fantasise.

There was a girl I had a crush on from Kinder Garden through high school but she didn't feel the same way about me.
    she told me one time time "I think of you as a friend" which can mean not if you were the last man on earth
    I wouldn't have minded being her friend, but I wanted us to be more then friends

That is so romantic. You should try and get a hold of her and see if she is still single. I know I would.

As for me my child hood crush; there was a girl named Lindsey and when she broke up with me it took me the same amount of time to get over her that we went out. We went out for about six years. I had moments through out my school years that I would think about her and just could not focus on anything but her.

High-school did not make this any easier since I did not have one girlfriend much less a date through my entire high-school education. Back then I did not know how to socialize and I annoyed just about anyone who I admired or wanted to date. I learned so much when I got out of high-school about how to maintain friends that I look back on those memories and I am amazed that I had friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCarter View Post
    Yes. But I think it is pointless and creepy to do anything besides fantasise.
    Yeah, it could be seen that way. I wasn't trying to hire an investigator or anything extreme though, mostly just tried to see if i could find her on facebook. I don't think that would be too creepy, maybe just a bit. Add as a friend with a message, "Hey we were friends way way back in second grade." Anyway, It was really late last night, and some reason I decided to post this topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    That is so romantic. You should try and get a hold of her and see if she is still single. I know I would.

As for me my child hood crush; there was a girl named Lindsey and when she broke up with me it took me the same amount of time to get over her that we went out. We went out for about six years. I had moments through out my school years that I would think about her and just could not focus on anything but her.

High-school did not make this any easier since I did not have one girlfriend much less a date through my entire high-school education. Back then I did not know how to socialize and I annoyed just about anyone who I admired or wanted to date. I learned so much when I got out of high-school about how to maintain friends that I look back on those memories and I am amazed that I had friends.
    Darn, that is the tough thing about young love, there is usually a sad break up at the end of it, or at least it seems so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wetatnight View Post
    There was a girl I had a crush on from Kinder Garden through high school but she didn't feel the same way about me.
    she told me one time time "I think of you as a friend" which can mean not if you were the last man on earth
    I wouldn't have minded being her friend, but I wanted us to be more then friends
    Wow, i didn't know that a girl would be aware of that phrase at that age. Brutal.

I had a few, but I'd never pursue it now, as we would all be 65 year old men.....teehee.

I had a few, but only one that was so strong that I'm convinced it was love. I actually wrote a poem for her...at the age of 20...when I hadn't even seen her in 6-8 years. OMG the love for her...omg.