Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wellness Brief Superio Signature Series Size Medium Review

Default Wellness Brief Superio Signature Series Size Medium Review

Wellness Brief Superio Signature Series
    Size Medium First Generation.

Before I get into the diaper itself Let me show you how the come as many members often often ask how discrete the package is. This is the first positive thing about the new Wellness Brief Superio Signature Series diapers. The box itself is fairly plain and only has basic information that really does not divulge what the box contains. The address label is also discrete.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest1of65.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	19116

The package itself is a plain white plastic bag with a giant sticker on it.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest3of65.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	19117

Appearance, Size and Features :

The diaper itself is very different from the regular Wellness diaper in that it is white while the other medium is blue.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest4of65.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	19118

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest7of65.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	19119

The wetness indicators are also completely different.

This diaper is also pretty thin given that the manufacturer claims that it will last 8-12 hours.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest34of65.jpg 
Views:	803 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	19120

Folded it is about 3/4” Here is a comparison: Wellness, Wellness Superio, Tena Maxi Slip, and Abena M4

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest6of65.jpg 
Views:	870 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	19121

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest5of65.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	19122

The back of the diaper is about 24” wide while the front is 25.5” wide. The diaper is just over 30” long.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest11of65.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	19123

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest12of65.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	19124

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest16of65.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	19125

The crotch is 12” wide.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest17of65.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	19126

The padding runs about 24” long, 10.5” wide in the front and about 14” wide in the back.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest19of65.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	19129

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest20of65.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	19130

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest21of65.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	19131
    The diaper has double stick tapes.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest22of65.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	19127

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest24of65.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	19128

The diaper probably has the most generous leak guards I have seen on a diaper, stretching over 2” Compare that to other premium diapers. Regular Wellness about 1.25”, Abena M4 .75” and Tena Maxi Slip at just under 1”.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest25of65.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	19132

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest27of65.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	19133

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest29of65.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	19134

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest30of65.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	19135

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest31of65.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	19136

The diaper gets a new plastic cover that has a “waffle” texture.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest33of65.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	19137

Performance And Fit:
    As far as fit goes, we are all different, so every diaper fits everyone a little different. Being about 5'8” with a 30” waist and 130Lbs, I'm in one of those in between sizes. Most smalls are too small and most mediums are just a little too big. Wellness has different sizing compared to most diaper companies. This Medium diaper is said to fit 24”-36” waist. Most medium diapers are 31”-32” at the low end. I am right in the middle of the range of this diaper so just like the other Wellness diaper, the fit is pretty good. Odd note: Both Wellness diapers are about the same size but the new Superio diaper seems to have everything shifted toward the front. Dry this diaper is easy to conceal under normal clothing, completely soaked your going to have issues hiding the fact you are wearing a diaper.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest32of65.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	19138

A lot of members here have complained about the other Wellness diapers, mainly the fact that the plastic is too thin. So thin in fact the the SAP in the diaper would poke tiny holes in the diaper. I was hoping that hey would fix that with the new diapers. Well they sort of fixed it. This diaper has a new outer cover that reminds me of disposable vinyl table cloth. The plastic in not the same super slick like on the other Wellness diaper but has kind of a “waffle” or “diamond” pattern on it. It sill is super thin but I did not have issues of SAP coming through. This diaper is very quiet for being a poly backed diaper.

I guess the question next on every ones mind is how much can you wet in it. Well a whole lot. Most diapers use a combination of SAP, (Super Absorbent Polymers,) and wood pulp, (or something similar.)
    The general thought is the wood pulp is fast absorbing, but low capacity. SAP has a high capacity to absorb liquid be needs time for the crystals to absorb and turn into gel, locking away the water so the diaper wont leak when pressure is applied. Wellness diaper are all SAP and that also make it unique. (pun) The SAP they use absorbs super quick. I even did a full bladder release while sitting in an adirondack and no leaks. I am defiantly giving partial credit to the leg gathers here, as they are the tallest and most effective of any diaper I have tried.

I wore several of these in various circumstances. Lounging around, home improvement project, going to the sore, walking the dogs and never had this diaper leak on my. The day I did my home improvement project I had it on all day. The diaper managed to hold my first morning pee, several cups of coffee, my juice breakfast/lunch, normal water intake, a couple of beers in the afternoon. All this activity and no leaks. The only reason I took it off was that it was time to clean up and shower.

This this could be one of the all time great diapers, but..... It has several issues. The biggest problem is the plastic. It is simply too thin. Once wet you could easily poke a whole in it. For those you who like to have a “good time” in your diaper, that could be a bad plan. I highly suggest a diaper cover of some sort if you are doing any sort of rough housing, and be prepared for a mess to clean up. There simply is no way to have a diaper with such a high capacity, with no wood pulp, and a super thin poly cover to ever be able to keep its shape when highly soaked. When soaked, wearing this diaper is like wearing a plastic filled with gel. When wearing jeans I experienced the SAP pooling down each leg and there is simply no way to hide that. The other big problem is the tapes. I had no issues with them coming undone but they can not be refastened even though they are double stick tapes. I suspect this is a machine tolerance issue rather than a design issue and supposedly will be fixed on the next production run.

All in all this is a great diaper, despite some severe issues that hopefully with be fixed in the near future. The retail price is $119.97 fro a case of 54 which is just nuts for a diaper with major issues. On the wellness site the sell for $69.97. I found a coupon on line for 10% off and free shipping bringing the final cost $1.48 per diaper. Abena M4 from XP medical cost $1.42 plus shipping. Still a bit high but if they fix the issues I would put them right next to premium diapers like the M4. If you love super squishy diapers give these a try.

I have to break this up in multiple parts due to the number of photos. Tomorrow I will post the "MAX Test"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wellness Superio Test (2 of 65).jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	19115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wellness Superio Test (1 of 65).jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	19114  
    Last edited by barkd74; 15-Nov-2013 at 05:39. Reason: posted too soon

Default Max Test

Max capacity:

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest36of65.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	19143

After wearing this diaper a number of times, and it never leaking no matter how much I wet, I was curious just how much this diaper could hold in a non "real world test” I started with 2 liters of dyed water. I pored the first liter pretty quickly, (maybe 15-20 seconds,) and it was absorbed almost as fast as I pored it.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest37of65.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	19144

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest38of65.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	19145

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest40of65.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	19146

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest41of65.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	19147

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest42of65.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	19148

I gave the diaper a 1 minute rest then I placed a piece of paper towel in it and pressed down. The towel was almost completely dry.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest43of65.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	19149

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest44of65.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	19150

I pored the second liter and this time the diaper absorbed a little slower, but still sucked up all the water with no problem, so I mixed up a third liter of water.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest45of65.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	19151

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest46of65.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	19152

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest47of65.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	19153

I then repeated the towel test and still just a tiny bit damp.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest48of65.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	19154

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest49of65.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	19155

This time the water was defiantly pooling, but no liquid penetrated the leg gathers and still the diaper sucked up all the water.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest50of65.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	19156

This time the towel is damper, but still no large amount escaping the diaper.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest52of65.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	19157

Still thinking the diaper might take more I added another liter of water. Absorption continues to slow, but still the diaper sucks it all in. After a 1 minute break I repeat the town test and this time it is wet, but no large amounts of water escape.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest54of65.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	19158

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest55of65.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	19159

I go for broke and mix up the 5th and final liter of water. This time the water is really pooling but still sucks it all in. I did a press out test after waiting a minute. This time water is pressed out and if anyone was wearing this diaper it would definitely be leaking.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest56of65.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	19160

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest57of65.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	19161

I fold the diaper in half and it now nearly 5 inches thick.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest59of65.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	19162

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest62of65.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	19163
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest35of65.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	19142  

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    I fold the diaper in half and it now nearly 5 inches thick.

Name:	WellnessSuperioTest59of65.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	19162
    I kinda wanna try these now, just the thickness of that diaper looks so comfy :3

Thought I would share this. I received an email from Wellness. They are offering free samples if you send them an email request. They are even waving the shipping charge.

Superio® is our top of the line brief providing unprecedented protection. They feature a super strong plastic back, a wider core, and a white outer shell.
    In order for you to realize how great they are, we are offering totally free samples (until end of sale below) and we'll also waive the $1.99 S&H fee!!! (There's a strict one free sample per person policy. If you attempt to take advantage and order multiple free samples it will result in no samples sent, however if you feel you need more samples feel free to order extra HERE for an additional $1.99 in shipping).
    Please follow the following instructions for the free sample –
    Send an email to: samples@wellnessbriefs.com
    In email subject line type – Free Superio sample and your full name
    In email please type in the following format –
    Name (First, Last)
    Street Address (Apt #)
    City, State, ZIP
    Size -

I wonder if they will ship to Canada?.. hmm

You and me both! Wearing one of these at night would elimate the need for any added stuffers, and even a cover pant as it looks like it would take a weird angle to get it lto leak anywhere for 8 hours of sleep or so! Looks good!

I just got my free sample of the re done sperio, ididnt bother with the first one. Since u only get one one the absolutely free samoke I didnt wanna risk the restick test. I git a medium and immediatly thought I shoulda got a large after getting it on, the tapes havent popped and as I type this, I have wet it 7 times with no leaks so far. Im contacted them about my sizing issue and they said they woukd send me a free sample of the large. So far im impressed with these, but its a good idea to have plastic pants over these.

No, they will not ship to Canada, not very good business manners! Guess they will never see my money then.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    I wonder if they will ship to Canada?.. hmm

is it still possible to get free samples? I have no clue but I did just send them a email.