Thread: the latest news

Default the latest news

I had my latest appointment with my doctor yesterday. It was interesting. After couple of tests, it was clear to him that things have not been progressing well. None of the meds have been working, and nothing has gotten any better. He asked me if I wanted to try a higher dosage of the current medication. After some conversation that is what we decided to do. The thing is there are only a few more possibilities in medications that we can try. Other than that there's basically electronic stimulation and Botox. Oh yes and surgery. I made it clear to him that I wanted nothing to do with any of these options and he said that was fine by him. In the end he said that at this point it seems to him that the best possible outcome was lessening my incontinence rather than eliminating it. Looks like I am in this for the long haul.

At least you tried right?
    How are things progressing otherwise? Is it working out for you being 24 seven? Is it okay at school?
    Forgive the questions. I'm curious.

Good idea. ICkaraokegirl. I would of done the same thing.

Good,

I'm glad your dr is sane...some seem to be so bent on surgery and such it's insanity...

I've been through plenty of failed attempt, including bladder enlargement etc...and any short term gain seems to be long term loss...

Drugs are less likely to cause more issues, but check carefully the side effects, some have issues with other problems, over damage, blood pressure, and even kidney and pancreas issues...

But, I'm sure you looking at that too...

Stay safe, and remember that your body is yours not the docs!

B

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    At least you tried right?
    How are things progressing otherwise? Is it working out for you being 24 seven? Is it okay at school?
    And I suppose that I will just have to keep right on trying, right? I mean what else is there to do?

Otherwise, in the diaper department, life goes on. After considerable trial and error, I use Tena Slip Maxis 24/7 except for when I switch to Bellissimos--usually at home, for fun. (I order them both from Bambino; their prices are very good and the delivery is free, so yay.) Mostly I feel fine about it all. I've gotten down occasionally, but not lately: it's just what life has handed to me, and compared with the much heavier hand it has dealt my son (dealing with the currently failing health of a spouse whose death is imminent), it isn't all that much to handle, when all is said and done. As long as I stay aware of how wet I am--which I am (almost) always able to do--I don't have many problems.

As far as school is concerned, I have a super purse/diaper bag: a two-zipper bag whose second compartment is so well hidden that my purse has been searched three times entering stadiums without anyone noticing a second section even exists. I just carry it down to the faculty women's room when I need a change--or I sometimes just change in the closet right in my own classroom. Either way it has not been a problem. And I won't have sound issues again until spring, when lighter clothing makes for fewer barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret
    I'm glad your dr is sane...some seem to be so bent on surgery and such it's insanity...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret
    I've been through plenty of failed attempt, including bladder enlargement etc...and any short term gain seems to be long term loss...
    Drugs are less likely to cause more issues, but check carefully the side effects, some have issues with other problems, over damage, blood pressure, and even kidney and pancreas issues...
    But, I'm sure you looking at that too...
    Stay safe, and remember that your body is yours not the docs!

That was one of the basic things I made sure of from the start of our relationship. You remember the missive I wrote to him when I first started seeing him: I made it plain that I consider diapers a perfectly viable and preferable alternative to invasive procedures and could not have a doctor who could not understand that. To his credit, he said from the start that he totally understood why I felt that way, and he has stuck with those thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post
    And I suppose that I will just have to keep right on trying, right? I mean what else is there to do?

Otherwise, in the diaper department, life goes on. After considerable trial and error, I use Tena Slip Maxis 24/7 except for when I switch to Bellissimos--usually at home, for fun. (I order them both from Bambino; their prices are very good and the delivery is free, so yay.) Mostly I feel fine about it all. I've gotten down occasionally, but not lately: it's just what life has handed to me, and compared with the much heavier hand it has dealt my son (dealing with the currently failing health of a spouse whose death is imminent), it isn't all that much to handle, when all is said and done. As long as I stay aware of how wet I am--which I am (almost) always able to do--I don't have many problems.

As far as school is concerned, I have a super purse/diaper bag: a two-zipper bag whose second compartment is so well hidden that my purse has been searched three times entering stadiums without anyone noticing a second section even exists. I just carry it down to the faculty women's room when I need a change--or I sometimes just change in the closet right in my own classroom. Either way it has not been a problem. And I won't have sound issues again until spring, when lighter clothing makes for fewer barriers.

That was one of the basic things I made sure of from the start of our relationship. You remember the missive I wrote to him when I first started seeing him: I made it plain that I consider diapers a perfectly viable and preferable alternative to invasive procedures and could not have a doctor who could not understand that. To his credit, he said from the start that he totally understood why I felt that way, and he has stuck with those thoughts.
    Well,

I'm glad your managing, and try not to let it get you down...although it does happen to everyone at some time...

Glad you dr is on board...I've had some that say one thing and then try another...

I doubt you'll have any noise issues...even if your worried about it...there are easy cover ideas when the time comes...

Pocket full of plastic wrapped candy...hand some out sometimes...no one will ever think twice after the see you with them in your pocket...even in the business world it works wonders...

Glad you have a good place for supplies...myself when I went doing security work I didn't always have a pack...but as time went on and traveling all the time, I always had my pack...there were a few places where I'd sometimes be away from even potable water for 16-18 hours at a hit...started carrying with water, mre's and extra just about everything extra I could bring...went from college student to carrying a 70lb pack everywhere in about a year...it's amazing how things change...

Oh, I haven't used the tena slip's are they noisy? Compared to say a molicare or abena?

Glad to hear your doctor is working with your wishes; it is, after all, you whose body it is, and although they may 'know better' it is in the end your decision to make and their job is simply to advise you on the best courses. It something of a travesty when the doctor forgets their primary purpose of caring, and is instead influenced by secondary interests.

Your optimism and apparent self acceptance of this is amazing and no doubt encouraging for others. I myself have no such issues and do not envy you by any stretch. The inconvenience must be dreadful. I certainly recall my bed wetting days about which I have no fond memories. Hope you experience relative success with which ever maintenance measures you adopt.

I have been following you even though I dont use this site. My question is how much have you spent for your meds plus diapers? The reason I ask this is people think that I should have tried more meds cause they think its cheaper. I have seen alot of posts here and on the site I call home know of people who have tried almost every drug out there and they dont work. So if I were to try to fight it like my mom and sister did. How much would it cost the goverment and tax payers for diapers and drugs for over a year of fighting.