Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you remember me when I am gone?

Default Will you remember me when I am gone?

That's pretty much it. Like, If I had cancer and was keeping it a secret, would anyone notice? Would anyone know I was gone? I try to stand out publicly for two main reasons:

#1 Liking diapers does not mean a person cannot create innovative ideas and contribute to society.

#2 To help people learn to except themselves even if they are different.

Well,

That's a question that everyone asks...

Will I be remembered after I'm gone!

The answer is yes and no...

By just existing you've made an indelible mark on the world...one that cannot be undone even if you wanted to...

This world and even outside of it is changed and skewed by every living being...no matter hewn small makes ripples and changes that are monumental in scale once viewed from afar...

I used to think the world would be a better place Without me at one point...

This is however untrue and wether for good or bad your mark on this existence is truly indelible...

You may not see it now, but everyone has long lasting effects, and the smallest change today may become the largest change in the end, and vice versa, things we se as very relevant and long lasting today, may fade into the tiniest mark over time...

So, yes wether large or small your mark is made and will last in perpetuity.

B

For about a Year for most people. I feel like for me it will be like a week. then just a Wasted space in the ground.

Yeah, people will remember you quite strongly, if you are well known member of the ABDL community and a patron for the community by standing up for our freedom or rights in some aspects. Other than that we will miss you for quite a while, then deal with the dark and inevitable complexities of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    For about a Year for most people. I feel like for me it will be like a week. then just a Wasted space in the ground.
    I too at one point had this view, but I've changed that view over the last 20 years...

There is so much we actually touch in our life's travels that it's impossible to not make a change...

Just the fact that I and others are reading this post is making a change on the world, and even the smallest change has long lasting and possibly huge impact going forward forever...

I understand feeling this way, and I quite often thought this way too...in fact at one point in my life I really didn't associate with any family or even friends for years...during this time I also felt that my existence was a waste as well...but many years later...talking with a childhood friend thier recollection of things from years and years past awoke me to the fact that even after many years not so much as talking to him he was changed and remembered everything that had past...and this did have an effect on him as an adult as well...

We are still friends despite the years in the middle that I for several reasons didn't really associate with him or anyone really...

So, I ask you to goto someone you were close with 20 plus years later and see what they remember, and how it's changed them as well...

B

Denton

I never created a family of my own. That is, no wife, no kids. And friends are kind of transient for most people, I think. I don't know how many friends I'll have when I die, or who they will be. But I agree with the poster who said that we all leave some sort of indellible mark just by our very existence.

Smile

In his book, "I Am A Strange Loop", Douglas Hoftstadter talks about how consciousness is a kind of self-referential feedback loop in the brain (a "strange" loop)... and how these feedback loops are manifested as epiphenomenon: traits or quirks. Every person you meet or speak to is exposed to these "strange loops" and they can have profound (or subtle) influences on everyone around you.

My father died several years ago, but, every time I tell a certain type of funny tale, my eyes flash mischievously just like his did; I can remember his sense of humour and phrasing so well, that, in a way, I can (sometimes) see things through his eyes -- there are things that amuse me now that probably wouldn't have amused me if I had never met my father, and the same goes for everyone else he met. Humans are social creatures and we all need to share our experiences... so much so that we can have the empathy needed to see the world through another's eyes.

We pass on genes through biological matter, but these "strange loops" (a bit like Dawkin's "memes"... sort of...) are passed just through our ability to see things from another's point-of-view.

Every time you express yourself, you are throwing your point-of-view into the world, allowing it to be adopted by others. Whether that's your unique way of seeing things, your sense of humour, your values or whatever... many parts of you (secondhand, imperfect copies, perhaps) will always live on. And the longer you stick around and the more influential you become, the greater the legacy you can leave.

I think for most of us, those that we have had direct contact with, will remember us. But like everything on this world, when they pass away, the memories will fade to dust.

There are an exceptional few that have or will accomplish things that have such a profound effect on peoples lives, that they will be remembered.

As a software engineer, I hope that teaching the younger generations and passing on what I have learned over the last 30+ years of programming, will be my legacy. No, people won't know my name but maybe my work will live on thru them.

I hope, Mitchy, that this is a hypothetical question...

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    That's pretty much it. Like, If I had cancer and was keeping it a secret, would anyone notice? Would anyone know I was gone? I try to stand out publicly for two main reasons:

#1 Liking diapers does not mean a person cannot create innovative ideas and contribute to society.

#2 To help people learn to except themselves even if they are different.

Perhaps it's as much the upcoming time of year, but It's a Wonderful Life comes to mind in reply to this...

BabyMitchy,

You have reached many people here anyway...oh sure there appeared to be detractors, but think of all those you may have inspired for the better...those you may never know, or hear from...those who silently observed, and silently responded...

We may never actually know what all we do to who...but, rest assured...it is far more reaching than what is apparent...

Probably most importantly...is that you did what you believed in sincerity to be for the better, and good of all...including yourself... In that context...even if you were seen as incorrect...you were never really wrong...

I ask myself (when I remember)...if I were to fall dead in the next few minutes...one I would be a bit surprised ...but, I would also consider only a very few things...all that important... and having the dishes done, or being monetarily wealthy, are things that don't factor in to what is really important...that I agreed or disagreed, isn't important...that I listened, and contemplated...probably is...

I sincerely hope that you do not now, nor ever get cancer, or any other dreaded condition that may cause you much suffering, and bring your life to an otherwise premature end...but, if it should come to pass...please know, you and many others, have not been for naught, nor in vain...

Thank you,
    -Marka

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    Grubber,

I'm sorry that you see it this way...perhaps you don't actually believe that though... Stick around friend! There is much to be done...you could wind up the most notable of times for all you know...speak to what inspires you! Speak to what may hold you in restraint!

-Marka

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I never created a family of my own. That is, no wife, no kids. And friends are kind of transient for most people, I think. I don't know how many friends I'll have when I die, or who they will be. But I agree with the poster who said that we all leave some sort of indelible mark just by our very existence.
    I have no spouse or (known) off-spring either Denton...that isn't necessarily a bad thing...there is much you can be and do, without those conventions...and frankly, I encourage this path... and, thank you for recognizing some of the extents of our existence...we are all part of this!

-Marka

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    In his book, "I Am A Strange Loop", Douglas Hoftstadter talks about how consciousness is a kind of self-referential feedback loop in the brain (a "strange" loop)... and how these feedback loops are manifested as epiphenomenon: traits or quirks. Every person you meet or speak to is exposed to these "strange loops" and they can have profound (or subtle) influences on everyone around you.

My father died several years ago, but, every time I tell a certain type of funny tale, my eyes flash mischievously just like his did; I can remember his sense of humour and phrasing so well, that, in a way, I can (sometimes) see things through his eyes -- there are things that amuse me now that probably wouldn't have amused me if I had never met my father, and the same goes for everyone else he met. Humans are social creatures and we all need to share our experiences... so much so that we can have the empathy needed to see the world through another's eyes.

We pass on genes through biological matter, but these "strange loops" (a bit like Dawkin's "memes"... sort of...) are passed just through our ability to see things from another's point-of-view.

Every time you express yourself, you are throwing your point-of-view into the world, allowing it to be adopted by others. Whether that's your unique way of seeing things, your sense of humour, your values or whatever... many parts of you (secondhand, imperfect copies, perhaps) will always live on. And the longer you stick around and the more influential you become, the greater the legacy you can leave.

Tiny,

Profound! I love it...and I tend to agree! Are your eyes flashing mischievously now? -Marka

This is one reason why I started writing my novel. It contains the names of all my grandchildren, and in a way, I wanted to leave both my kids and my grand kids something of myself.

Who's to say that we don't go on after death, and continue our lives in the immortal plain. Perhaps we simply transfer our identities after death.